Forums

Topic: With 2022 Nintendo solid so far. Switch Releases 2023?

Posts 21 to 37 of 37

Anti-Matter

ARMS 2
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival Deluxe

Anti-Matter

Bolt_Strike

Anti-Matter wrote:

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival Deluxe

Can't tell if serious.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

TSR3

There was a rumour a while back of a Star Fox racing game. Assuming that's not the the 'new twist' in Mario Kart 9, I'm gonna plump for that as a 2023 game. And assuming a 4 year development cycle, I doubt Metroid Prime 4 will make 2023.

TSR3

Vortexeo

I think Xenoblade 3 (or whatever monolith is doing) will release in 2023 but it'll probably be announced in the second half of 2022

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Anti-Matter

@Bolt_Strike
I'm serious with my statement.
I have Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival with some figurines. 😀
I enjoyed the gameplay of Amiibo Festival.
Most peoples called it rubbish, but i called it hidden gem since i could use the Amiibo Festival gameplay style inspiration for my own board game for Math Club extracurricular during Zoom meeting.

Anti-Matter

Bolt_Strike

@Anti-Matter I mean, maybe there's SOME fun to be had with it. But that's another one of those games that's way overpriced for what it is. I could maybe be okay with a sequel if it's a cheap eShop title, but it most certainly should NOT be a full $60 title.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Anti-Matter

@Bolt_Strike
I was lucky i got Amiibo Festival bundle last 2 years with very cheap price (around 200,000 IDR or under US$ 15), brand new condition from my local game shop.
I still play the game (not really frequently) and i have to pick at least 4 Animal Crossing Amiibo figurines before playing as i played the game by Solo, whoever win doesn't matter for me since i take control of all players and after the game, they will accumulated some points to level up so i will not try to play dirty by tackling each other.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

I picked up animal crossing Amiibo festival big box with amiibos from a pound store in the uk. It was the first time I saw a big box game being sold in Poundland. Even for that cheap price, it seemed like no one was buying it.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

skywake

Metroid Prime 4 is the obvious answer, assuming it makes 2023 and I wouldn't even bet on that given the history. Probably will make 2023 but yeah. BotW 2 and Bayonetta 3 I think make this year and won't be pushed back.

The Mario Kart/Nintendo Kart people are clamouring for .... I don't think we need a "new generation" for it, Mario Kart isn't really the game to showcase new hardware. Maybe a game to move hardware but eh. If it's a thing that Nintendo is thinking of releasing I could see it dropping whenever. I could honestly see it this year or early next year

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD I think if it's a thing it makes sense either late this year or early next year. Assuming Prime 4 is on track for next year. Something to keep Metroid on people's mind after Dread and in the build up to 4. Late this year makes the most sense in my mind but as a Jan/Feb release next year could also work

Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD I don't think would be this year. With BotW 2 I think making this year I think they want to give it a bit more space. Since we're not getting these before June given we don't know about them already I think we don't get them. But 2023 they could make sense

Everything else would be spinning the random Nintendo game sequel wishlist wheel like we do on every other thread. And like in those threads pretty much guaranteed to be wrong. Not saying the above aren't either but hey, at least we know the above are either being worked on or have some kind of obvious precedent

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Grumblevolcano

I think Amiibo Festival wouldn't have been that poorly received if it had been bundled with New Horizons (there was an interview that pretty much all but confirmed that New Horizons was a cancelled Wii U game). Nintendo did bundle a few titles back in the Wii U era like Star Fox Zero came with Star Fox Guard, Bayonetta 2 came with Bayonetta 1, etc.

I'm pretty sure in general E3 2015 would've been a lot better if Nintendo hadn't already moved on from Wii U at the time (the NX announcement happened in March 2015) given what we know about cancelled Wii U games that became Switch games. We probably would've seen games like Animal Crossing New Horizons, Pikmin 4 and Luigi's Mansion 3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StuTwo

My guesses:

Pokemon Jet Black & Chalk White
They'll release something Pokemon and TPC is likely at the wrong point of their cycle. B&W are similar to D&P engine-wise and could be remade in a similar way.

Kirby (port)
The new Kirby game looks fantastic - there won't be any other new Kirby games this year but next year... why not? A HD port of Triple Deluxe/Robobot or Epic Yarn? A collection of multiple games would seem unlikely but HAL has been more generous than Nintendo in the past.

Hyrule Warriors 3
The previous 2 have both been big hits - especially AoC. Warriors games get knocked out left right and centre and this would be coming after about 3 years and about a year after BoTW2 so it would seem to be about the right sort of time.

Mario Sports Title
I'd call it for Strikers. I'll also call that it'll be disappointing for fans of previous entries.

Of course it's just easier picking ports than new games. The thing that's exciting is that it is uncharted territory with a lot of possible destinations. Nintendo could anchor 2023 with a major new 3d Mario game alongside Metroid Prime 4 (which you'd have to assume is targeting Christmas 2023).

When you think about what would likely sell well on Switch - even 18-24 months out from now (even in some cases when a successor might be imminent/already have arrived) and even if we're talking about "lazy late system" ports/sequels... you have to say that probably no Nintendo console has ever been in this situation before. I don't think the Switch is going to see the kind of cliff edge drop that other Nintendo consoles have before.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

grizzgolf

All I want is a new DKC and Mario Kart

grizzgolf

gcunit

TSR3 wrote:

There was a rumour a while back of a Star Fox racing game. Assuming that's not the the 'new twist' in Mario Kart 9, I'm gonna plump for that as a 2023 game.

Please. Let. It. Go. If we still haven't got Pikmin 4, there ain't no way we're getting the imaginary-rumoured-absorbed-into-Starlink-whatever-StarFoxGP.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic