Forums

Topic: With 2022 Nintendo solid so far. Switch Releases 2023?

Posts 1 to 20 of 37

Vivianeat

My predictions

Q1
Metroid Prime Trilogy Remake or Port
Metroid Prime 4

Q2
NSO GBA
New Donkey Kong - Similar to Kirby Forgotten Lands/Odyssey

Q3
Mario Kart 9
New IP
NSO GameCube
Huge Splatoon 3 DLC Update

Q4
Pokemon Generation 9
Zelda Oracle Seasons Remake
Surprising AAA Ports

Gordon Ramsay has a Nintendo Switch.

Magician

Bayonetta 3
Breath of the Wild 2

I honestly believe both will be pushed into next year.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ninfan

@Vivianeat hello,
What did you hear about NSO gamecube ?👍

Ninfan

Vivianeat

@Ninfan Just a prediction not real.

Vivianeat

@Magician Hope not. That's why they're not on the list.

Magician

@Vivianeat Maybe, we'll see. Nintendo aren't exactly great about keeping dates.

For example, announced in 2014 for release in 2015.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

iLikeUrAttitude

I don't get this point of this thread, we just got into this year lol.
Yeah 2022 is looking solid but we don't even know all the games that are to be released since we're still in early January. A direct could easily announce more yet you want to speculate next year already?

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

faint

@Magician The developers said Bayonetta was done, they just can’t give a release date or show it off until Nintendo says so. It will probably come out in spring.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

kkslider5552000

I think Donkey Kong is this year and Mario Odyssey 2 is next year.

My only other guess is Monolith Soft's and Goodfeel's next games. Maybe Mario Kart 9, but I'm certain that's either 2023 or 2024. I'd love to see weirder stuff, so some bizarre new IP or just let Suda make that Murasame Castle game he wants to make.

Edit: Obviously Metroid Prime 4. I'd be shocked if its earlier or later than 2023.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MarioBrickLayer

Magician wrote:

Bayonetta 3
Breath of the Wild 2

I honestly believe both will be pushed into next year.

I think BOTW2 is nailed on for next financial year (1st April - 31st March) so if it does slip into 2023, I think it releases before the end of March.

MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

kkslider5552000 wrote:

My only other guess is Monolith Soft's and Goodfeel's next games. Maybe Mario Kart 9, but I'm certain that's either 2023 or 2024. I'd love to see weirder stuff, so some bizarre new IP or just let Suda make that Murasame Castle game he wants to make.

Edit: Obviously Metroid Prime 4. I'd be shocked if its earlier or later than 2023.

I think MP4, MK9 and the next 3D Mario game are launch window games for the next Switch - Holidays 2023.

MarioBrickLayer

kkslider5552000

MarioBrickLayer wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I think MP4, MK9 and the next 3D Mario game are launch window games for the next Switch - Holidays 2023.

I'd almost be willing to bet money Switch 2 is 2024.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bolt_Strike

There's a lot of possible games for 2022, but some of them and some of the rumored games will probably fall into 2023.

We have confirmation/rumors of Splatoon 3, BotW2, Bayonetta 3, DK, Mario Kart, Super Mario Odyssey 2, a Fire Emblem remake of some kind, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Metroid Prime 4. I have a feeling at least 4 of these games are actually 2023 games. If I had to guess, I'd say Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, DK, Fire Emblem, Mario Kart, and Metroid Prime Trilogy are 2022 games and BotW2, Super Mario Odyssey 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, and Metroid Prime 4 end up in 2023.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

VoidofLight

@Bolt_Strike Doubt that Zelda is getting delayed to 2023, given that they legit put it in a 2022 ad at TGA, and wouldn't have done so unless they weren't confident.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

I-U

I think any next generation discussion that includes Metroid Prime 4 makes the successor feel too early. With 2023 in mind, if Prime 4 doesn't release late this year, I definitely have that game locked for 2023 no later than August. Breath of the Wild 2 is a 2022 release, and I've got either a new 3D Mario or Mario Kart 9 for 2023. If I'm wrong about Breath of the Wild 2 and they delay, move up the 2023 prediction in its place. Xenoblade 3 or a port of XCX will happen in 2023. Donkey Kong has a lot of smoke around it right now, so I'm thinking 2023 there. Pikmin 4 is 2023 if not an unannounced game releasing in 2022.

2023:
Mario Kart 9
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (or XCX port)
new Donkey Kong (in the vein of Returns and Tropical Freeze)
Pikmin 4

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

MarioBrickLayer

@Bolt_Strike I think there is 0% chance we'll see Mario Kart this year, it will be a launch window title for the new Switch.

I think the only way we see a Mario game this year is if the rumoured DK game is a DK + Mario game, maybe a tie in game for the movie?

@kkslider5552000 if it launches in 2024 rather than holidays 2023, i'd bet on it being a similar time to the original Switch. September 2023 - March 2024 is what I would bet on.

MarioBrickLayer

Bolt_Strike

@I-U Same thing with Mario Kart. Everyone keeps thinking "Oh, they're just going to save it for next gen", but Nintendo has likely been working on the next Mario Kart since 8D released and I can't see them just sitting on it regardless of how well 8D is selling. If they have an idea for how the Switch can enhance Mario Kart (built from the ground up, not just how the Switch was able to enhance 8D), they'll sell it. And people will buy it in droves regardless.

The chip shortage has become even more of an argument against waiting for next gen because that potentially delays the release of the next gen console. No way in hell Nintendo waits until 2025 or whenever for the next Mario Kart, I see the next Mario Kart coming no later than 2023. If they're worried about cannibalizing sales they could simply make it something different like a Mario Kart World, but I don't see a full-fledged, $60 Mario Kart Switch game coming out any later than 2023.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

I-U

@Bolt_Strike I think it would be reasonable to think that Mario Kart 9 and a new 3D Mario would be releasing around the same window as when Breath of the Wild 2 releases, as that was the situation in 2017. All three should have been developing their next main entries shortly after Nintendo saw how successful they all were. If BOTW2 is Holiday 2022, both Mario Kart 9 and new 3D Mario (i.e. Super Mario Odyssey 2) would be certain for 2023 if they are not yet to be announced games for this year.

If Metroid Prime 4 doesn't release this year, I would think Mario Kart 9 is May 2023, Prime 4 is August 2023 and Super Mario Odyssey 2 is October 2023. Generation 9 for Pokemon will probably be November 2023. I'm not sure TPC rolls out Gen. 9 within the same year as Pokemon Legends: Arceus even if they would be on near opposite ends of the calendar year.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

gcunit

Chocobo Racing feels like a Mario Kart stop-gap offering. I don't know anything about the development of that game, but it looks just like Mario Kart 8 so much that I wonder if Nintendo has lent out the engine or collaborated at all. And as such, I think MK9 is in a holding drawer waiting for the next hardware leap, which feels most likely to be spring 2024 currently.

I feel BotW2 is a Switch game and will release this year. The next hardware leap will get its own Zelda game (unless they start following the likes of The Last of Us and GTA5 and release a pumped up version of BotW2).

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic