Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 64,801 to 64,820 of 70,025

Buizel

@Grumblevolcano Seeing these lists is bittersweet because...there are so many good games I haven't got around to this year.

I'd love to have a top 5 list that includes Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Bayonetta 3, Mario and Rabbids and/or Nier Automata...but I've been busy with Pokemon Legends Arceus, Fire Emblem Three Hopes, Persona 5 Royal, etc...

I don't think the highs have been as high as 2017 for the Switch, but there's no doubt in my mind that this has been the best year for the console so far.

At least 2'8".

Anti-Matter

I nominated Epic Chef and Youtubers Life 2 as my GOTY 2022, but I played them on PS4 not on Switch.

Anti-Matter

Haruki_NLI

I wish I had time to get around to all the games I've bought this year but work has been so....well it's been a thing for 7 months now, and not in a good way.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Giancarlothomaz

Bayonetta 3 setpiece are just insane, i was blown away by one of them(3D and then back to 2D, again to 3D), WOW and with Hideki Kamiya stating that 9 Bayonetta games is not be enough, i don't know how Platinum Games can surpass Bayonetta 3 insane setpiece, Bayonetta 3 setpiece put all action games and every MCU series/movies so far to shame

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

skywake

As a side note, my internet has been.... super unstable so downloading is a bit of a trial. Not on Nintendo that one. But while waiting for it I've been checking the bandwidth the Switch is using over WiFi downloading the game

57Mbps, I'm on a 50Mbps plan (yay Australia) so that's about the limit. And also not toooo bad for WiFi generally. So, I think we can safely dismiss all those posts from people who complain that this Switch itself has poor WiFi and use its connection tester as evidence

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Ralizah

Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Triangle Strategy
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (technically DLC, but as fleshed out as a full game, so I'm counting it)
Elden Ring
Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope

Pretty good year, I'd say.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch) ×
  • Kirby & the Forgotten Land (Switch) ×
  • Astro's Playroom (PS5)
  • Stray (Steam)
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5)

× = Actual 2022 game.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Kermit1doesmath

My GOTY list for this year looks something like this.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Legend Of Zelda
Pokemon Legends A
Burnout Paradise
Pokemon Snap

dysgraphia awareness human

StarPoint

I suppose I can jump in on this GOTY train. This is how I would rank my top 5, descending.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (Trials and Tribulations if we're being specific)
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
FTL: Faster Than Light
Splatoon 3
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

This has honestly been one of my best years of gaming ever. Ace Attorney and Majora's Mask have especially resonated with me, even months after playing them. I discovered some new series and genres that I had no idea I liked, such as Visual Novels (Ace Attorney), and SRPGs (Fire Emblem Three Houses). I played Metroid Primes 2 and 3 after Metroid Prime 1 took my GOTY of last year. Even though this year has been a little disappointing for me in terms of new releases, it's been a great opportunity for me to catch up on some older classics. I'm fully prepared for 2023 to bring me all sorts of new releases, like Silksong, TOTK, and Pikmin 4 to fully invest my time in.

Edited on by StarPoint

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Fizza

FINALLY A NEW AA GAME!

....wait.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Kermit1doesmath

@Fizza The demo for the game is pretty fun... Though the gambling is a little odd since you're like 12 in the game.

Ryu_Niiyama

I put it in the swag thread but for anybody that is collecting the f4f BOTW statues, Lady Urbosa is up for preorder. Early bird discount is in play. One champion left!

https://www.first4figures.com/breath-of-the-wild-urbosa-exclu...

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

MarioVillager92

I don't really have a top 5, but I did like Kirby and the Forgotten Land, and I do want to get a hold of Splatoon 3, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Persona 5 Royal, and Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. I also played a good amount of Monster Hunter Rise during that NSO game trial, and the more I played it, the more the game began to click with me. I also played a lot of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe this year, thanks to the DLC courses that came out. Definitely looking forward to the next wave and beyond.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

TeaCatherine

@Fizza I wondered how long before someone made that AA joke. : )

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

MarioVillager92

Ah yeah, I forgot to mention. I also played quite a bit of Breath of the Wild this year. I haven't finished the game just yet, but without spoiling anything, I did make a lot of progress. That's a game that I definitely want to roll the credits on before Tears of the Kingdom comes out.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

StarPoint

@MarioLover92 How are you liking it? Have you played many other 3D Zelda games?

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Giancarlothomaz

@Kermit1 does this You Tuber live in a rock? don't he know Minecraft is avalible on Switch since may of 2017 and @MarioLove92 how far are you in Breath of the Wild? depeding on how far are you in the game, you can finish it playing it, the release of Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Kermit1doesmath

@Giancarlothomaz All I know is he doesn't speak English and doesn't know much about the Switch. Somehow the video has like 57k views.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic