Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 24,841 to 24,860 of 70,011

IceClimbers

Apparently 3DS hardware sales last month are the highest they've been in a January month since January 2013.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haruki_NLI

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Well I'll just be on my merry way then. They already hate me on PS so this is no loss evidently.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

MsJubilee

@JaxonH It's a niche title that was ported from a dead console that's being sold for 60 dollars. What did you expect?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NaviAndMii

EvilLucario wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me. They could easily just call it "Super Smash Bros for Switch", include all the content from the 3DS version, tweak some characters, add all-new single-player content, and add some characters like Ice Climbers (who were cut only because of the 3DS's hardware limitations in 3D mode) and the Xenoblade 2 protagonists.

Smash 4's only sore point for me was the lack of really good single-player content. Smash Run was fun, but nothing like Subspace Emissary sadly. What was there was good, but I just wanted more. Everything else about Smash 4 is just perfection.

You never know - if they port it to Switch, they might decide to add a Subspace Emissary mode (or something similar) to the game?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe got a beefy new Battle Mode - it'd be cool if they put an equally substantial single player mode in Smash!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

JaxonH

Switch is a monster.

Highest NPD sales for January, and it didn't get a single notable release all month.

This is just more proof that the system is going to wildly succeed, irrespective of who gets on board or not. I'm sure companies like EA see Nintendo as a thorn in their side. How much easier would it be for them if they just had two platforms to release games on. You develop one version and click a button and it recompiles for the other platform. Spend a month ironing out the kinks and presto, multiplatform release to a market thirsty for their products. I'm sure EA is going out of their way to leave Nintendo hanging because, I'm sure in their egotistical minds, not supporting full stop is a death sentence, or at the very least creates a steep uphill battle to climb.

And yet, here we are and Switch is consistently topping the NPD charts, even when it doesn't have any games and even when it's going up against some of the biggest releases of the year. You know what that means, EA/Activision? Means Nintendo isn't going anywhere. It means get on board or get left behind. It means that regardless of what you choose to do, this train is leaving the station at maximum velocity, even despite your lack of support.

The good news about that is, they'll be cornered into supporting the platform more going forward. Like it or not. Cause not everyone at these companies lacks sense, and if there's one thing they understand it's the language of money and success. There will be people at these board meetings chiming in with "So what about Switch? How can we profit from this? We SHOULD be profiting from this, in some capacity".

Also, 3DS sales are very surprising. The system just refuses to die. Most of the spenders for software have moved on to Switch, but with as many people buying the system as we are seeing, there might be a whole new gamership on the platform to buy new releases.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

shadow-wolf

@YummyHappyPills Can't tell whether you're seriously saying that or you're just joking around, but if you're actually serious: me and most other people on this site (and probably the other site) don't hate you, we appreciate your input and opinions. So please don't feel discouraged and/or leave this site or the other site. Keep posting, you have many interesting insights.

I agree with what you're saying about Blu Rays. Actually though, more than the storage, speed is the issue with Blu Ray discs. The disc speed is so slow that the games need to fully be transferred to the hard drive in order to properly play them on PS4 and Xbox One. In other words, the discs currently just function as huge keys to allow you to play the game, as the actual game is on your console, not the disc IIRC. A much smaller USB stick would work perfectly fine since it solely needs to act like a key, but I think they'll keep the disc drive for use as media players.

shadow-wolf

JaxonH

@MsJubilee
ported from a dead console

That should boost sales, not hinder them. A game ported from a dead console will likely sell far more than a game ported from a thriving console where everyone has already played it.

niche

Sure, to an extent. But Nier sold what, 2 million copies? And that's a far more niche game than this. Bayonetta has more brand recognition, and previous releases to earn word-of-mouth. And given all other Wii U ports are looking to exceed sales of their original releases, I expect it to do at least as well, preferably better.

sold for $60

That's not true. You get both Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 for $60 ($48 with GCU). That's effectively $30 each ($24 with GCU).

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

Love that we live in a time when Monster Hunter and an ArcSys fighter are topping the NPD charts for the month.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Anti-Matter

@YummyHappyPills
But i still need Physical media for gaming, movies, etc.
You can go 100% Digital download, but i still on Traditional way with Physical media.
I'm a Collector, i like to collect interesting things.

Btw, i DON'T play with more than 50 GB games. My Switch & Wii U games are still under 20 GB, with Mostly in Cartoonish style.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

EvilLucario

What the blue heck Skyrim is above Xenoblade 2 in Switch NPD

agh

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

MsJubilee

@JaxonH "That should boost sales, not hinder them." I can see that for a game that sold well in it's first run. But not Bayo. 1 didn't do so hot and it was released for the 360 and PS3. 2 didn't do so hot either.Just cause it releases on the Switch doesn't mean it's gonna be a success.The franchise doesn't have that type of recognition. Bayo track record has already proven that.

"And given all other Wii U ports are looking to exceed sales of their original releases" Really gonna compare Mario Kart and Pokemon(Pokken Tournament) to Bayo? Two franchises that are bigger than Bayo will ever be? Also Nier is a new title. This port isn't.

"That's not true. You get both Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 for $60" I said that cause the original release for the Wiiu had this type of deal at launch.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

toiletduck

JaxonH wrote:

But I am disappointed in Bayonetta's performance in EU/JP. Especially considering we had a two month gap after Xenoblade 2 for people to recoup their wallets and catch up on their backlog... people should've been thirsty for this release.
…
Bayonetta has more brand recognition, and previous releases to earn word-of-mouth. And given all other Wii U ports are looking to exceed sales of their original releases, I expect it to do at least as well, preferably better.

Trust me, the pennies in my wallet are screaming to be spent on Switch games. I am actually TRYING to get interested in games that normally wouldn’t appeal to me and I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one. I think you underestimate how niche this game is though. I bet not a single one of my friends or close acquaintances even know this game and/or are mildly interested in it. The more (p)review videos I’ve watched, the less this game appeals to me. I’m not saying it’s a bad game, but I do think it’s not that broadly appealing. Maybe a large part of the actual fans already bought it on Wii U and the ‘new’ Switchers aren’t really into this? I expect more success with a port like DKCTF.

Anti-Matter wrote:

@YummyHappyPills
Physical media is NOT outdated.
Btw, how do we save our documents if there is NO CD / DVD / Blu-Ray ?
They are still needed.

Ever heard of the cloud? I own a NAS for backup of pictures etc. and I have some SD-cards for hardware that forces me to use it (camera’s, game consoles, etc.). I haven’t used a disc to save data for over 10 years I think… I’m not saying you shouldn’t, but I definitely don’t NEED physical discs anymore.

@YummyHappyPills @SLIGEACH_EIRE Now come on kids, play nicely! 😉 There’s enough space on the forums for both of your opinions.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

gcunit

I bought 2 physical games recently that I'd wanted to try. I didn't take to either of them, so sold them both and made an approximate 20% profit (after ebay fees) in doing so. When was the last time anyone buying digital could say that?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@toiletduck NO!!! This is not just a forum, THIS IS NintendoLife, this is war! Survival of the fittest!

Untitled

Octane

toiletduck

@Octane Ah yeah sorry... Seems that I still have to get used to the deviating norms on the Interwebs, newbie that I am on these forums! I'll keep it in mind, thanks!

toiletduck

JaxonH

@MsJubilee
Understand, nobody is comparing Bayonetta to Mario Kart. It's a correlation that's being compared. The correlation of (Switch sales / Wii U sales). And that ratio has proven to be at least 1.0 if not higher. Therefore, the ratio should be maintained, regardless of which game it is. That's just simple math.

But I think it will be. I think Bayonetta 2 will ultimately hit it's million on Switch. May take til the end of the year but, it should.

toiletduck

JaxonH wrote:

Understand, nobody is comparing Bayonetta to Mario Kart. It's a correlation that's being compared. The correlation of (Switch sales / Wii U sales). And that ratio has proven to be at least 1.0 if not higher. Therefore, the ratio should be maintained, regardless of which game it is. That's just simple math.

Let's step away from math and toward statistics a bit here. What your saying only applies if the distribution of Mario Kart and Bayonetta fans is equal over the Wii U and Switch. One could assume that Bayonetta appeals to a higher proportion of Wii U owners than Switch owners. The 1:1 distribution will only apply for games with a fan base distribution equal to the console.

toiletduck

darkfenrir

https://nintendoeverything.com/little-dragons-cafe-from-harve...

The premise:
The story opens with a twin brother and sister learning to cook and manage a small café under their mother’s tutelage. All was peaceful and routine until one morning when the twins discover that their mother has fallen into a deep sleep and won’t wake up. Suddenly, a strange old man appears to inform them that they must raise a dragon in order to save her. Working together with three quirky café employees, the two siblings must figure out how to a wrangle a dragon and manage the family business while finding a way to save their mother.

Oh my god this looks interesting! I think whenever more stuff coming up out of this I would follow as much as I can

darkfenrir

Scrummer

@YummyHappyPills Just because one person disliked what you said doesn't mean you have to leave. Heck, I rarely do, but you can even press the ignore button if you really dislike what he said.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic