Forums

Topic: What are your most anticipated games for 2019?

Posts 21 to 38 of 38

I-U

The only game I personally want that's upcoming on the Switch is Metroid Prime 4, which I'm hoping is an August or a November 2019 game. If that isn't a 2019 game, 2019 will probably feel a lot like 2018 where I only get into two games for the Switch and the rest of the year does nothing for me. I need to see more of Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing and Pokemon Generation 8 before I start to consider them as titles I want to pick up. I was interested in Yoshi, but I'll likely skip it unless I learn that it has a ton of replay value beyond what I already know regarding the level switching. At the moment, I don't think it would be a game I would be into.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Quarth

@JaxonH Some will whine over next year as well. People will always find things to complain about, especially relatively trivial stuff as video games and other forms of art and entertainment.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Ralizah

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Yoshi's Crafted World
Doom Eternal
Resident Evil 2
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Etrian Odyssey Nexus

So far. That could obviously change with announcements. Once we learn more about Pokemon and Animal Crossing, they'll probably jump to the top of the list, but I just can't list games I haven't even seen trailers for yet.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

GeeEmm

Looking forward to alot in 2019, but the big one for me is Daemon X Machina. Sooo pumped for that game.
Also, and im probably in the minority, but Travis Strikes Again. Yeah its not NMH 3 but its looks weird and quirky, which is how I felt about NMH 1 and 2. Im really excited for it.
And Bayonetta 3.

Edited on by GeeEmm

GeeEmm

Grumblevolcano

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
Yoshi's Crafted World
Fire Emblem Three Houses

There's too much unknown at the moment for a larger list. Mostly cases of not enough known about upcoming games or games I doubt will release in 2019. We honestly know less about 2019 than we did about 2018 this time last year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

toiletduck

Eagerly anticipating:

• NSMB U – I still love the NSMB style so I’ll have a lot of fun with this

Curious:

• Animal Crossing – never played it but looks like fun
  • Pokemon – not at all into Let’s Go, merely because I don’t fancy the catching mechanic. I wonder what the ‘main core’ will have to offer
  • Daemon Ex Machina – looks really interesting and fun; could be a new IP with which Nintendo knows what to do.
  • DQ Builders 2 – I skipped 1 because of my backlog and the announcement of a better sequel arriving shortly
  • Luigi’s Mansion – never played it but looks like fun
  • Yoshi – I was quite disappointed with Kirby, so I won’t bite directly with any new Nintendo 2D platformer

I don’t really believe MP4, DQXI and Pikmin 4 are ’19 games. This seems like a short list, especially with NSMB U as the only game I’m certainly getting day 1. I’m not worried at all though. I’ll probably end up buying most games of the ‘curious’ list and then some more. Besides that, I still have some ’18 games waiting for air time and I’ll probably start over with SMO and/or BOTW pretty soon since I’m already missing those wonderful worlds.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

FragRed

Looking at what we know about the first party/exclusive lineup for the Nintendo Switch next year, this is my thoughts:

1. Super Mario Bros U Deluxe - I already owned this game on the Wii U so personally have no desire to buy it again. Also feel the name should have been changed, it’s just weird.
2. Travis Strikes Back - I need to see more and see what it reviews like before making a final judgment.
3. Yoshi Crafted World - I’m digging the visuals but don’t feel it’s a game that will be for me.
4. Daemon X Machina - I’m really liking the looks of this game. Just hope it reviews well. I’m kinda worried it’ll get extremely repetitious.
5. Fire Emblem Three Houses - it’s not a series I’ve ever personally had any interest in. But hope it’s good for those who are into this franchise.
6. Town - I want to see more of this game. Being that it’s Game Freak, it could go one of two ways. So hope it’s shown off more come January Direct.
7. Pokemon - I’ve only played Pokemon X and I really don’t get the excitement for the series. Maybe I’ll try this one, will see.
8. Luigi’s Mansion 3 - instant buy.
9. Animal Crossing - always wanted to play these games but now there’s an HD game coming to the Switch, my wallet is ready and hopefully it’ll be a game I’ll get after seeing it in action.
10. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - never played first 2 but I want this to be good. I’ll buy it anyway as it looks to be my type of game. Plus I want to see it do well to stop the crying from other console owners.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

1UP_MARIO

Yoshis crafted world and luigis mansion 3

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Therad

Phoenix point - The only game I have on preorder for the moment.
Fire emblem
Luigis Mansion 3
Yoshi haven't captured my interest. I adored wolly world, so I am not sure why.

the rest I use my usual wait and see approach on.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

TheManKnownAsC

Switch: Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Metroid Prime 4 (if it's released this upcoming year)

PS4: Jump Force and Resident Evil 2

Either: Mortal Kombat 11

Edited on by TheManKnownAsC

Switch Friend Code: SW-2242-7452-1245

rockodoodle

Hmmm... Really Sonic Racing is all. But that could change as I learn more about the others. Will probably pick up most of Nintendo's games.

rockodoodle

RenderSpotlight

Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 remake ("before the end of 2019", Will wait and see about that.)

Sonic Team Racing (better be as good as Sonic Racing Transformed)

Daemon x Machina, (looks very interesting)

RenderSpotlight

MarioVillager92

Luigi's Mansion 3, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Metroid Prime 4 (if it'll release in 2019) at the moment. Still need to catch up on my other games.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tasuki

For me the big one is The Outer Worlds. I know there isn't a release date other then 2019 and could possible be pushed back. Given that it's created by the creators of Fallout and made by the studio that did Fallout: New Vegas I am hoping this can fill the void that Bethesda has created by ruining the Fallout series.

I am sure there are others that I am forgetting but it's late here so that will do for now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

BenGrimm

Ultimate Alliance 3. Loved the first two, so can’t wait to see what they do with this one. Mortal Kombat 11 is my other big game for Switch, would have been happy with a release of 9 or X but very excited for a new game.

BenGrimm

Dezzy

I'm gonna include things that we dont have release window for but MIGHT be 2019. Obviously a few of these probably wont be 2019 but I can dream.

Switch:

1) Fire Emblem Three Houses
2) Metroid Prime 4
3) Bayonetta 3
4) Pokemon
5) Animal Crossing

Non-Switch:

1) FF7 Remake
2) Cyberpunk 2077
3) Halo Infinite
4) RE2 Remake
5) Tales of Vesperia Remaster

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

GeoChrome

I totally forgot about this, but the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy is my most anticipated games of next year. Only tried two cases on mobile and was already hooked.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Ralizah

@PolarExperience Ace Attorney is an amazing series. You won't regret it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.