Forums

Topic: What are your most anticipated games for 2019?

Posts 1 to 20 of 38

Nintendo_Nut

2019 is already looking to be the Nintendo Switch's best year with the outstanding lineup of first-party games coming out, which ones are you most anticipated for? you can add third-party games to your list too if you'd like.
Here are mine:

1. Pokémon - A definite day 1 buy for me, I'm a big Pokémon fan and I'm excited to see what direction the main series will take as well as being able to play a full Pokémon experience on my Switch and being able to transfer my Pokémon from past games over. (I hope you can transfer Pokémon from Let's Go and I hope the game looks much better graphically and design-wise to the Let's Go games, I appreciated the more open Sun and Moon games, they weren't necessarily open world but compared to other Pokémon games they offered a lot more freedom of movement and alternative paths to take whereas Let's Go brought the series back to linear world design.)

2. Animal Crossing - I really enjoyed New Leaf and I'm so excited to have a HD Animal Crossing experience with my friends on my TV! I can't wait! I hope it grants the player as much authority as New Leaf did, I loved the thought of being Mayor.

3. Luigi's Mansion 3 - I've heard of this series for years but I've never played any games of the series, I'm looking forward to what looks to be a fun game and I love the atmosphere of it, so spooky and unlike Mario main-series games.

4. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - Classic 2D Mario fun, I loved New Super Mario Bros. for the DS and Wii and I conveniently never owned a Wii U so I can't wait to have a new 2D Mario experience on my Switch! I love the multiplayer options.

5. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - I haven't played a main-series Fire Emblem game but If this game is anything like Fire Emblem Warriors I'm going to love it. I loved the tactical decision-making, weapon upgrading and character-interactions in this game. I'm looking forward to playing my first game in the series.

6. Metroid Prime 4 - You may be surprised it's at 6 on my list but it's only because I'm not a huge first-person-shooter guy, though the hype the Metroid fans have shown for this game has me hyped to try it out, I've seen gameplay of Metroid Prime games before and I love the atmosphere, setting and style of the games, they remind me of an Xbox shooter, not a Nintendo franchise and I love that about them, they're different than Nintendo's other franchises. I also love Samus as a character, both in her design and the fact that she's a bounty hunter who shoots laser guns and rolls into a ball and stuff lol, I really enjoyed Samus Returns, though I know it's a platformer.

7. Pikmin 4 (I know it's not officially announced yet but it's got to be ready by now) The series just seems so fun, seeing Arlo play it makes me want to play it, I love the idea of controlling an army of garden plants..

8. Crash Team Racing - I played a Crash Racing game for the PS2 back in the day and I remember loving it, I used to be a big Crash fan and I hope I can get a chance to play this game.

9. Bayonetta 3 - I've played 30 hours of Bayonetta 1, and though I haven't progressed far I'm really loving the story, the characters and the gameplay, I want to try Bayonetta 2 before I play 3, hopefully I'll get a chance before it comes out so I can buy it afterwards.

10. Yoshi's Crafted World - This game doesn't impress me too much, though it's cute and unique and it looks like a fun game to pass the time with if you have a friend over. I'll see what other people have to say about it before I make a decision, but definitely would consider buying it.

Nintendo_Nut

Harmonie

Kingdom Hearts III is by far my most anticipated game. It's not coming out for the Switch, but I can't not mention it.

For Nintendo, there's Animal Crossing and Pokemon. We know absolutely nothing about either of them, and both series have hit or miss pasts (Pokemon having a notorious string of misses lately), so I'm afraid I actually need to see them before I can get excited. Hopefully GF and Nintendo will hit it out of the park and make them with the spirit that created BOTW. Somehow I'm not too hopeful, though...

Otherwise there's Luigi's Mansion 3. I'm disappointed to see that it's more like the 3DS game than the GCN original. Even the graphics are still less detailed like the 3DS version. I do not understand. However, Luigi's Mansion games have always just been a fun side game for me, so even if it turns out being like the 3DS version I won't judge it too harshly.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Octane

I'd like to see gameplay first, apart from Yoshi and FE, I don't think we've seen any gameplay for the 2019 games.

I don't believe Pikmin 4 is happening next year, that's pretty much vaporware at this point. Metroid Prime is 2020 for sure as well.

Octane

GeoChrome

It’s a sad day when Octane says Pikmin 4 is vaporware

Anyway, Luigi’s Mansion 3 is probably what I’m most hyped for. Both the GCN and 3DS games were great, so a game combining the two will be awesome. CTR and Three Houses seem pretty good so far, so I’m excited for those as well.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Anti-Matter

Most anticipated games on 2019 for me :
1. Animal Crossing (Switch)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 USA / PAL (Switch)
3. World of Final Fantasy MAXIMA physical release (Switch)
4. FF X/X-2 HD (Switch)
5. FF XII The Zodiac Age (Switch)
6. Yokai Watch 3 USA (3DS)
7. Re:Legend (Switch)
8. Pokemon 2019 (Switch)
9. FF IX (Switch)
10. Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy (Switch)
11. 99Vidas physical release by LRG / SRG (Switch)
12. TOWN (by GameFreaks) (Switch)
13. Ninjala (Switch)
14. Neko Tomo USA (Switch)
15. Farm Folks (Switch)
16. Summer in Mara (Switch)
17. My Time at Portia (Switch)
18. LABO Toy Con 04 (Switch)
19. Youtubers Life OMG edition physical release (Switch)
20. Sikanda (Switch)

Anti-Matter

Magician

Animal Crossing Switch
Cyberpunk 2077
RPG Maker MV
Dragon Quest XI Switch
The Outer Worlds

I believe Shin Megami Tensei V, Bayonetta 3, and Metroid Prime 4 are all 2020 games.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Aozz101x

1. Animal Crossing - it's been 10 years since we seen a Main Animal Crossing video game on a Home Console. Nintendo and Animal Crossing on twitter has said that this is a mainline Animal Crossing, and i can't be anymore happy about it then i am. i will remind open mind until i see some gameplay of it though.
2. Mortal Kombat 11 - i'm excited to see MK coming back to Nintendo's Consoles again. i haven't pick up a Mortal Kombat on a Nintendo Console since Armageddon on the Wii.
3. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order - not much of a Marvel fan. but im willing to try out this one and the other two to get a feel of this franchise.
4. Daemon X Machina - im very excited to experience this armor core like game. (which im a fan of.) i can't wait to hear more.
5. Digimon Survive - I haven't watch a Digimon series in years. but this game particular has me interested. with choice you can make in it. im really excited to try this out.
6. Ninjala - Gung Ho's answer to Splatoon in someway. yet very unique and standout more of it's own then being a Splatoon clone. i can't wait to see how much they are revealing with this game.
7. Yoshi's Crafted World - Im interested of learning more about this game to the sequel of the Wii U game. im planning pick this and Yoshi on Wii U some point.
8. Double Cross - yes, that indie game base on Mega Man. it looks interesting and it's made by the same people who brought you Runbow.
9. RemiLore - im pretty interested of trying out the game on Switch. i do enjoy hack-and-slash games alot, so hopefully it's good.
10. Luigi's Mansion 3 - i've enjoy Dark Moon, but i hope they fix some flaws that i've have with the game. but noneless im pretty excited to play this game for the third time.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Quarth

Here’s hoping for a new Ace Attorney game, but out of the ones we know of so far:

Metroid Prime 4 (if released in 2019)
Fire Emblem
Luigi’s Mansion 3
Resident Evil 4
New Super Mario Bros
Daemon X Machina

Maybe Yoshi
Maybe Pokémon
Maybe Animsl Crossing
Maybe Bayonetta 3 (I’m yet to finish the first two)

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

CanisWolfred

For the Switch?

DAEMON X MACHINA - This is my Jam. Giant robot action, customization, colorful graphics, and awesome weapons! I've been waiting for a good portable game like this, and I couldn't be more excited for what I've seen!

Shin Megami Tensei V - Still a big fan of the mainline games, and I'm interested to see what they'll do this as far as gameplay and theme goes.

Bayonetta 3 - Bayo2 did the impossible and improve upon one of my favorite action games of all time to a sheen. If the next game is even half as good and polished, I'll be busy for hours upon hours perfecting combos and exploring levels.

Luigi's Mansion 3 - ...I mean, I still gotta finish 1 & 2, but it's still caught my attention.

Fire Emblem: The Three Houses - I'm not a huge Fire Emblem fan, but this definitely seems like one worth being excited about.

Metroid Prime 4 - Would be higher if we knew thing one about it.

Pokemon (2019) - Ditto

I'm forget a bunch of others, mostly indie games, which are almost too numerous to list.

...Except YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG - I've been excited for that since it was coming to the Wii U. Can't forget that!

This is all assuming that I can get a Nintendo Switch in 2019...which I certainly hope I can...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

As for Switch titles, Demon X Machina, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Yoshi's Crafted World, NSMBU Deluxe, and Metroid Prime 4 (if 2019) are practically guaranteed to end up in my library. Will look into FE Three Houses & Luigi's Mansion 3 if time allows (and then there's 2018 titles I haven't gotten around to yet, such as Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna & Octopath Traveller).

Recently got a PS4, so since I rarely take the Switch out of the house, that'll be where I get my multiplats from now on. On the PS4 side of things, I'm really interested in Ace Combat 7, Kingdom Hearts III, & Ghosts of Tsushima, but it'll probably be ages before I get to any of them as I'm quickly building quite the library on the cheap thanks to the Christmas sales that are going on, so I'm going to be set for awhile.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

I'm too far behind on games to anticipate most things anymore since I'll get to most of them well after release, and the biggest two I'm hyped for I doubt are coming out in 2019. (god I hope Beyond Good and Evil 2 isn't next year, that looks 3 years away in order to even come close to living up to its potential)

That being said, I'm really looking forward to Luigi's Mansion 3. It's not the type of game I'm immediately excited for, but based off the previous two games, I'm pretty confident it's going to be an excellent game.

Other than that, the new IPs Nintendo has coming out like Town and Daemon X Machina (yes I know it's Marvelous, shut up) are the ones that are really interesting to me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Harmonie

@ReaderRagfish You're right that we don't know it for 100% sure. I've just watched it and read analyses and it all points rather strongly toward it being more like Dark Moon than the original. And the graphics... Did they even try? I know it's early footage, but I would be seriously shocked if we went from that footage to an actual highly-detailed true HD follow-up to the original Luigi's Mansion. Obviously they've chosen this style. Even on the 3DS I always thought it was very low in the detail and was much less "spooky" than the original Luigi's Mansion.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Heavyarms55

It's hard to rank them honestly because several games I really want to see are coming and we don't know enough about any of them, but all day 1 for me and in no paticular order:

Pokemon
Animal Crossing
Metroid Prime 4
Fire Emblem
Wargroove

I could add a lot more to that list too. But those are the biggest ones for me I think. Of course this is only of games we know about.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

JaxonH

Wildcard #1 Metroid Prime 4
Whenever this game releases it will absolutely be the best game of the year in my book. The only thing holding it back from my list is the uncertainty of whether it will release in 2019

Wildcard #2 Bayonetta 3
Bayonetta 2 was one of the best video games to release this generation (or was it last generation? Technically PS4 and Xbox One are still current, so has the generation changed? It depends if you consider Switch the first 9th generation console or not). I honestly think Dragon Age Inquisition robbed Bayonetta 2 of rightful GotY... it was that good (and I loved DA Inquisition). Bayo3 is gonna be fire

Wildcard #3 Shin Megami Tensei V
SMTIV is a masterpiece. It may not get the recognition Persona 5 gets, but it’s up there. This game will surely be the one that breaks out like Persona 5 did for that series. Speaking of which

Wildcard #4 Persona 5 Reloaded
It’s coming. Nintendo headquarters hand selected the DLC characters, and there is no way corporate would override the sovereignty of Sakurai’s creative choice unless politics, PR, marketing and backroom deals are in play. Then we have the leaks on top of that... it’s coming. Good thing I never got too far in the original version, because now I’m just going to hold off for Switch. It’s a downright incredible game though. I was so sucked in I was literally bringing my Vita to work so I could play Switch-style on the go, although I had half-second lag from the internet streaming, and then there was the 360p resolution... thank goodness for Switch.

Wildcard #5 Pikmin 4/Metroid Prime Trilogy/Wonderful 101/Bravely Default Collection
By my calculations, at 25% probability a piece, we’re bound to get one of them, right? (Yes, I’m looking for reassurance) Just, not Pikmin 4 or Metroid Prime Trilogy. Naturally. Because the games I really want most are the ones they lock in the vaporware vault and throw away the key.

1 Fire Emblem Three Houses
One of my fave series of all time. Right up there with Monster Hunter, Xenoblade, Metroid and Final Fantasy. And this one looks like it’s finally upping the ante. Flashbacks to the emotional journey of FE Awakening chapter 9 and the ensuing blitz of goosebumps in chapter 10 while I digested what just happened, fighting in the rain to one of the most awesome tracks in the entire game.

2 Dragon Quest XI
Held off cause I enjoy gaming on Switch soooooo much more. I actually grabbed the game for 15 bucks unexpectedly, but I haven’t even booted et it up yet because I don’t plan on playing it until the Switch release drops. From what everyone who’s played it has said, it’s going to be a real treat

3 Final Fantasy X/X-2
One of the best video games of all time and quite possibly my favorite JRPG ever made. This game transcends review scores. It transcends all criticism. This game is an absolute must own and I will re-buy it on as many video game machines as they want to re-release it for. But I’m DANG SURE buying it on Switch, of that you can be unequivocally certain

4 Final Fantasy XII
Also one of the most highly regarded JRPGs of all time. I haven’t finished this particular entry, but you can bet I’ll be holding off until 2019 so I can start my adventure over on the little hybrid that could

5 Tales of Vesperia
And yet again, one of the most highly regarded JRPG’s of all time, and unanimously praised as the best game in the Tales series. I have waited years... YEARS, to play this game. I bought the Xbox 360 version years ago in anticipation of backward compatibility that never came. I couldn’t believe my ears when I heard they were remastering it, and I dang near had a heart attack when I saw it was also coming to Switch. Game. On.

6 Luigi’s Mansion 3
This series is just straight up fun. I don’t know what else to say. It’s one of Nintendo’s premier franchises.

7 Pokémon 2019
Having now been thoroughly inducted into fanhood via the excellent Let’s Go, I can finally say I am hyped and ready for the next mainline Pokémon.

8 Marvel Ultimate Alliance
It’s Team Ninja. For Diablo style beat em up Marvel action on Switch. This one’s gonna be a real gem

9 DOOM Eternal
Ya. This very well might end up being the best game of 2019. I never do give DOOM enough credit, but every time I go back and play it I am awestruck with how fun the game really is

10 Daemon X Machina
The Xenoblade X spinoff I never knew I wanted. Yes, please.

11 Team Sonic Racing
Sonic Racing Transformed is the only kart racer that has ever truly rivaled Mario Kart 8 for the throne. This new one seems to be aimed more at classic cart racing which somewhat disappoints me (I liked the deviation from the cart racing norm of Transformed with the dynamic tracks and transformative cars), but if they do it right this could be a real winner

12 Pillars of Eternity 2
Yup. This one is all hype. I’m still in shock that this game is actually coming to the Switch. Don’t know what else to say. The game looks great and I’m excited for it

13 Animal Crossing
Ya, I actually got into the series on 3DS. Definitely not my usual type of game, but there’s something strangely attractive about Animal Crossing. I can’t wait for a proper HD entry (something we still haven’t gotten), and a hybrid one at that

14 Yoshi’s Crafted World
I LOVED Yoshi’s Wooly World. That game is just so charming and such a pleasant, calm experience of platforming. At first I didn’t think this game looked that interesting because it seemed to be a clone of Wooly World but with a less interesting style. I’ve done a complete 180 since the initial reveal though. As per usual Nintendo games look better every time they reveal more

15 New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
This would be near number 1 on the list if it wasn’t a game I had already played. But it’s just so gosh dang good, there’s no way it wasn’t gonna make it on my list of most exciting titles of 2019, especially with the Luigi expansion included, which I never got around to finishing

16 Dragon Quest Builders 2
This game should honestly be higher up the list but I’ve already typed it out and I don’t feel like having to erase and re-number so, I’ll leave it where it is. Jumping off cliffs with a Zelda style sail... just looks awesome. And the original was already a really good game, so...

17 Wolfenstein Youngblood
Wolfenstein New Order is quite possibly my favorite FPS of all time. Wolf 2, in hindsight, wasn’t on the same level. It was still fantastic but it wasn’t on that epic, timeless, off the Richter scale level. So for now I’m putting this game at number 17 but depending on how hard they come, this could definitely wind up higher on the list. It has the potential for sure

18 Mortal Kombat XI
OK. Confession time. I despise the bloody gore of this series. I really do. But... confession time. I really enjoy the gameplay and have ever since I was a kid playing in arcades. It was easier when the blood and gore was only described in 16 bit graphics though. I’m really hoping they provide an option to tone the blood and gore down a bit or disable fatalities, or something to that effect. I see no reason players shouldn’t be allowed to play how they enjoy the game, especially when it doesn’t affect anyone else. Here’s to hoping...

19 Resident Evil 4
A regular entry in everyone’s top 20 faves of all time. Only now with HD, hybrid portability, motion, all that jazz. It’s going to be a classic. Just like Resident Evil Revelations is a classic on Switch.

20 Town
Brand new RPG from Game Freak, and it actually looks great! We don’t know much but based off the footage this one looks like a sleeper hit. All in.

Honorable Mention Crash Team Racing
Ok, I admit. I’m not a big Crash Bandicoot fan. BUT. This game actually looks really awesome. If it comes anywhere close to Mario Kart 8 or Team Sonic Racing, it’ll make for a fine addition to the Switch library

THOUGHTS
You might note that every single game I’ve listed is on the Nintendo Switch. That’s because... well, the Switch has pretty much killed off any desire to play video games on any other console. There are a few games that I would be excited for... if they were on Switch... but going in to 2019 I just can’t seem to muster an ounce of excitement for games on non-hybrid platforms. And that’s not the fault of the games... it’s just an unfortunate reality, and some great games are, unfortunately, going to bear the brunt of it.

A special shoutout to the Monster Hunter World Iceborn expansion coming next year though. I know it’s technically not a new game, but it’s definitely at the top of my list and quite possibly the only game I’m actually going to bother playing on another console, which speaks volumes for the levels of hype that one has earned. And it earned it by its own merits. Props to them for an absolutely spectacular video game. I also look forward to what they have in store for the next Switch entry in the series. Oh... and Ori & the Will of the Wisps on Xbox One. How could I forget that one (well, I know exactly how- they announced the game so long ago I almost forgot it was in development). Honestly, if that one was on Switch it would probably be in my top 5. Thankfully, it should come to PC as well, which means a GPD Win 2 version. And I’m all over that. And then we have Kingdom Hearts 3. Again, if it were on Switch it would probably be in my top 5. I am fairly certain that one will be making the jump to Switch eventually though, given the mass dumping of Final Fantasy after proving the system’s sustained success. Might have to wait a little bit but, I’m perfectly OK with that. Not like I don’t have 20 other top notch 2019 games to look forward to in the meantime. And... that’s not even remotely counting all of them- No More Heroes, Trials Rising, Resident Evil 0 and 1, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Chocobo’s Dungeon, Onimusha Warlords, GRID Autosport, V-Rally, Xenon Racer and Blazblue Central Fiction all come to mind. And these are just the games we know about before the year has even begun! Look back on 2018, with aaaaaall the game releases... how many of them did we know about in December 2017? Right. There is going to be a metric ton of great games releasing in 2019 that haven’t even been announced.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

darkfenrir

For me...

On the non-indie side, Daemon x Machina, Tales of Vesperia, Digimon Survive, Luigi's Mansion 3, Chocobo Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon of course! (Do I put in Touhou Genso Wanderer: Lotus Labyrinth here? I'll put it here since it probably will be $50)

Then on indie side, Monster Crown, and hopefully Re: Legend.

Looking at my list, it feels like there's so many... and I already tried to cut it down too, sighs

(Of course, if there's some surprises like Catherine/Persona 5 port to Switch, I'll buy those)

darkfenrir

Quarth

@JaxonH Great list!

Totally forgot about Pillars of Eternity II. It was supposed to be released this year. Is it a January release now? Anyway... day one!

JaxonH

@Quarth
Great list thanks to a great lineup!

They just said 2019 for the console versions, but noted they will include all DLC/expansions/patches day one. My guess is, it’s going to be later in the year. But that’s fine. It’ll be just as fun in September as it would be in March. Whenever it comes I’ll be ready. Sounds like you’ll be ready too!

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Quarth

@JaxonH Yeah, it doesn’t really matter when it comes out in 2019, as long as it comes out. We have a lot if great games to play in the meantime. I don’t know that much about the game besides what I’ve seen in the trailer and I will keep it that way, as I would love to go in it with as fresh eyes as possible. But it looks amazing! I just hope it will run well.

But we can agree that 2019 might be Switch’s greatest year so far. So many great games! There’s something for everyone.

And 2018 wasn’t that bad either: Smash Ultimate, Pokémon LGP/E, Diablo III, Dark Souls, Kirby, Donkey Kong: TF, Starlink, South Park, Ys VIII, Captain Toad, Civilization VI, Valkyria Chronicles 4, XB2: Torna, Octopath Traveler, Wolfenstein 2, Mario Tennis, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary, Sonic Mania Plus, Bayonetta 1+2 are just some of the games I bought this year.

JaxonH

@Quarth
Ya I’ve been sayin that for a while. 2018 was a pretty good year. I heard a lot of complaining but, I thought it was fantastic.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.