Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,261 to 9,280 of 9,393

RupeeClock

@Zuljaras
Ahh, right.
Curiously I can't find any info about the game on Nintendo's sites, despite it being an upcoming release.
All I can tell is that it's a port of 2018 game previously released on PC, Xbox One and PS4.
The physical package claims to have all the DLC built-in, which I'd expect for a port of an older game.

All I wanted to check was the download size, as that usually gives insight into physical production or potential mandatory updates.

RupeeClock

Paraka

Can we all just agree it'll be safer, and more desirable, for companies to just port PS2 era games than ones a few years old and no optimized originally?

Would rather play Herdy Gerdy again than opposed to mandated downloads to even play a game.

Paraka

Magician

Much to my disappointment, Prinny Presents NIS Classics Vol. 1 has a 1.1GB day-one patch.

Not a huge deal, I don't have nostalgia for either game in the double pack, just...ouch.

I hope the situation will be different for Vol. 2, Z.H.P. is a legit great game.

Switch Physical Collection - 802 games (as of October 2nd, 2021)
Currently playing: Spiritfarer (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

RupeeClock

Pre-orders for Crimzon Closer World EXplosion should be opening in about 10 minutes.
https://firstpressgames.com/collections/crimzon-clover-world-...

FPG announced that this is the 10th game in their first series, and if you have purchased all 10 regular or collector's editions of this series they'll include a free game binder or coin album accordingly.

https://mailchi.mp/firstpressgames/fpg_switch_series_one_rewards

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Crimzon Clover pre-orders got delayed due to Shopify technical issues.

A new pre-order date to be announced in the future.

RupeeClock

Magician

Never been a fan of slipcases, neither for singular releases nor for sets.

(Although I do think it's dope how the art on the singular releases carries through the whole set.)

Cool for folks who enjoy those things though I suppose.

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Paraka

@Magician - I agree, I find it fun more as an observer than a collector.

Paraka

RupeeClock

You know now that First Press Games have done it, I just know that Premium Edition Games are totally gonna wanna do the same thing.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Oh here's some good news about Razion EX.
It's getting a digital release September 16th so more people will get a chance to play it.
And NGDEV are planning a physical reprint sometime 2022.

RupeeClock

Zuljaras

So Deponia Collection is the next Super Rare Games release. I really want it and the demand will be high. The only thing that gives me hope is that it is pricey - 75$ for the standard edition (3000 copies) and 130$ for the Collectors edition (1000 copies).

Zuljaras

RupeeClock

I can see the demand for this one being high too, so it having 4000 copies overall seems a bit strange.

The physical copy being that expensive though is because the individual games digitally go for £18, so yeah.

RupeeClock

Magician

Considering how well regarded the Deponia games are, combined with that low print run, I bet this collection will be valued as highly as Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime.

P.S. - Just got my copy of American Fugitive. No day-one patch. State of Emergency DLC proudly displayed on the front box art. Well done, Curve Digital. Very well done.

Edited on by Magician

SpaceAce13

Zuljaras wrote:

So Deponia Collection is the next Super Rare Games release. I really want it and the demand will be high. The only thing that gives me hope is that it is pricey - 75$ for the standard edition (3000 copies) and 130$ for the Collectors edition (1000 copies).

$75+ shipping and taxes for the standard?? Jeeze, that’s insane! This game didn’t interest me much at all to begin with but now I won’t even look at it

SpaceAce13

Belexes

@Paraka been on Best Buy for months now. (I have it on my Save list)

Belexes

Zuljaras

Guys have a few laughs at the THQ support response after I asked again about Darksiders 3 on the Switch:

ME: "So if I buy the game and insert the cartridge in the Nintendo Switch I can't play the game right away? I still need to update it or it won't run at all?"

THQ Support:
"Thank you for your mail.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Unfortunately we are unable to help you with your question. It might be possible that the title will not even launch, or it might launch but exhibit issues if not updated."

This is what I call a great answer ...

Zuljaras

dmcc0

@RupeeClock Definitely going to pickup Razion EX. Surprised this is coming to the eShop as I remember a Shmup Junkie video on YouTube where he asked the devs about it being physical only and they said they wouldn't release it digitally after Gunlord X sold so badly on eShop.

dmcc0

Paraka

@Zuljaras - Sounds automated, Nintendo used to have this a lot as well during my Operation Rainfall days. Started sending in physical letters.

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Paraka
Not necessarily automated, they might have a real person responding, but only using a canned or templated response because it's a common question that they feel doesn't need a higher level response.

It's still a pain though, not knowing if the physical game you're buying is really a form of digital license for necessary downloads or not. Thankfully it happens less often than not.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Alwa's Awakening and Alwa's Legacy are getting a combined physical release called Alwa's Collection, open pre-order for Switch and PS4 already available through LRG.
Untitled
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/product...
LRG are not selling standard edition release here, both games are on a single cartridge.
Officially though, a standard edition of Alwa's Collection will be hitting retail later this year.

I would recommend these games, pretty solid adventures.

They are also getting an 8-bit NES conversion of Alwa's Awakening available as physical NES cartridge or ROM distributed on a "Digical" USB drive.

These all have an estimated shipping date of October 2021, so in the pretty near future.
They are probably already produced, but despite that have an open pre-order system?

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic