Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,961 to 8,980 of 11,397

SpaceAce13

RupeeClock wrote:

Among Us is a game as a service though which relies on being entirely onlnie multiplayer and having constant updates, so I'm not sure about this.

Exactly. What’s the point of owning a game physically that will be obsolete by the time the digital copy is ever taken down? I guess if you and 5-9 friends all had a copy and played together… but that’s just not realistic. This is strictly a cash grab capitalizing on the hype of the game. I will not be buying this one

SpaceAce13

Paraka

@SpaceAce13 - Well, technically, if it can run that multi-player offline there is SOME reasoning to get is physical. However, if it requires internet even for offline, it's useless.

Paraka

RupeeClock

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger is getting a physical release.

Sadly, the second game is a digital download code in the box.

Edit: A tweet from the official account shows that there's two versions.

I don't see why they wouldn't give the second game a physical release also, it's a strange choice.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Magician

After several months of just repackaging Japanese exclusives as western releases (Star Renegades, Witch Spring 3, etc) Strictly Limited are finally back to doing what I prefer to see them doing, publishing obscure indie stuff not available elsewhere.

Space Hunter DX & Space Moth double pack preorder incoming this weekend.

I'll snag a standard copy, the LE looks "meh".

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Probably start calling it out now before they go into printing. I know I did.

F&%^ing shady.

Paraka

RupeeClock

Apparently Life is Strange True Colors is getting a physical release.
https://www.365games.co.uk/nintendo-switch-games/life-is-stra...
Unfortunately it's an "internet download required" release, which stinks of "Square Enix didn't want to pay up for a large enough game card".
I would guess that the game needs a 32GB card, because Square Enix footed the bill for the 16GB cards Balan Wonderworld needed, and well, that was costly. That game is already going for quite cheap physically.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Is Life is Strange a game that sees an SEA release? Cause if it does, it's likely going full on-cart mode there, every DL Code Square has done had to be on the cart in the Asian market.

In other news; As an observation of my own, I have made note that I am seeing less and less Nicalis published games in the wild. Something just to keep tabs on for collectors.

Paraka

RupeeClock

A couple of notable physical releases have shown up on 365games.
Streets of Rage 4 Anniversary Edition, the one with the DLC bundled.
https://www.365games.co.uk/nintendo-switch-games/streets-of-r...
And an NTSC-J version of Cotton Rock n Roll, which supports English Language.
https://www.365games.co.uk/nintendo-switch-games/cotton-rock-...

I expect Strictly Limited Games will probably have some mention of a partner release in the near future for these Cotton games anyway, isn't there like three including the earlier Reboot?

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock

Yeah, the Cotton Guardian Force Saturn Tribute.

A triple pack of Cotton Guardian Force, Cotton 2, and Cotton Boomerang.

P.S. - Abarenbo Tengu & Zombie Nation double pack.
https://clariceshop.com/collections/game/products/g_tengu-and...

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Paraka wrote:

In other news; As an observation of my own, I have made note that I am seeing less and less Nicalis published games in the wild. Something just to keep tabs on for collectors.

@Paraka

Definitely the case for Ikaruga, Code of Princess, and Binding of Isaac, but a fair number of Nicalis releases are still available on their store. I'd argue PM Studios releases will be harder to find down the road. Just take a look at their online store. Compared to Nicalis's store, most everything at PM Studios is either low stock or sold out.

https://www.pm-studios.com/store/Switch-c35169361

https://store.nicalis.com/collections/nintendo-switch-games

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@Magician - No doubt about it, but I believe most of us have been on the same page when it came to PM a long time ago. I was merely making the observation of what we saw in PM early on happening now.

My listing on Amazon has seen Monkey Barrels drop off and re-emerge recently. Indicating problems, though small, finding more stock.

Which is something I am having trouble with locating Redeemer recently.

Paraka

Magician

@Paraka

Ah Redeemer, a bit janky but a solid action game. One of the good Europe-exclusive physical releases worth having in the collection. Good luck with that hunt. I'm on the fence about picking up Onirike, Surviving the Aftermath, A Tale of Synapse, etc.

I don't know, aside from the Bamco anime Europe exclusives, most of the Europe retail physical exclusives aren't great.

Edit: P.S. - My top 20 Europe exclusive physical releases for collectors. In no particular order: Syberia series (3 games), Leisure Suit Larry series (2 games), WorldEnd Syndrome, 9 Monkeys of Shaolin, Warborn, Aggelos, Yono and the Celestial Elephant, Anima: Arcane Edition, Vostok Inc, Evergate, Super Chariot, Gelly Break, Vaporium, Inertial Drift, Pode, Kowloon High School Chronicle, Morbid: The Seven Acolytes, Unravel Two, The Count of Lucanor, and Redeemer.

There are several Bamco Europe physical releases that also got a Southeast Asian release with English, which is why I didn't include them above. Little Nightmares, Doraemon: Story of Seasons, Sword Art Online series (2 games), Naruto UNS4, One Piece series (2 games, Unlimited World Red and Pirate Warriors 3, although PW4 got a Murican release), etc.

Edited on by Magician

catsnpizzas

Magician wrote:

@RupeeClock

Minor correction - it's just Guardian Force, not Cotton Guardian Force. Guardian Force isn't related to Cotton, it's just from the same developer.

catsnpizzas

Magician

catsnpizzas wrote:

Magician wrote:

Minor correction - it's just Guardian Force, not Cotton Guardian Force. Guardian Force isn't related to Cotton, it's just from the same developer.

@catsnpizzas

I don't care, I was only qouting the P-A listed name for the collection.

How about you go ask P-A to correct their listing while you're at it?
https://www.play-asia.com/cotton-guardian-force-saturn-tribut...

Edited on by Magician

catsnpizzas

Magician wrote:

catsnpizzas wrote:

Magician wrote:

@catsnpizzas

I don't care, I was only qouting the P-A listed name for the collection.

How about you go ask P-A to correct their listing while you're at it?
https://www.play-asia.com/cotton-guardian-force-saturn-tribut...

The name of the collection is Cotton Guardian Force Saturn Tribute. The name of the game is just Guardian Force. Their details just say "Guardian Force". YOU are the one who said "Cotton Guardian Force" as if that was the game's name, not Play Asia, and if you're going to be so rude over a minor correction, how about you go ask whoever raised you to correct your manners.

Honestly ridiculous. Never pegged you as the kind of person who would jump to being so rude.

catsnpizzas

GrailUK

@Magician I have to say Mag, that reply does read uncharacteristically abrubt of you.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Magician

@catsnpizzas

My apologies.

Everyone has their good days and their bad, and I'm having an especially bad day.

Magician

Trigger Witch is up on P-A, with free economy shipping for orders in the month of July no less.

Zelda + guns, what's not to like?
https://www.play-asia.com/exclusives

The Cruel King and the Great Hero uber edition is up on the NIS Store for $105. I think a $45 upcharge for the King plushie and acrylic puzzle is a bit much. Personally, I'll be waiting until the $60 storybook edition is listed on Amazon for their free shipping. Like most niche NIS published games, I imagine this game will be as valuable as The Liar and the Blind Prince in the second hand market.
https://store.nisamerica.com/games

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

Trigger Witch is also available from videogamesplus.ca if you want to order from Canada instead.
https://videogamesplus.ca/collections/play-exclusives
Not a game for me personally, but it's nice to see something that isn't another Vita or PS4 release from Play Exclusives again.

Today's also the last day of the open pre-order for the Premium Edition physicals of A Robot Named Fight, and Demon's Tier+.
If you wanted, you could order these together with Trigger Witch from videogamesplus.ca as an option.

I'm currently considering ordering Hoa (PM Studios US release), and Arietta of Spirits (Red Art Games EU release) together from VGP, but haven't done it yet to see if any other options show up.

Edit: I also just got word that my SteelBook edition of Skyward Sword HD has shipped from 365games. They had pretty limited stock, but it seems like you can still get this from My Nintendo Store (if you don't have difficulty placing an order with them, that is.)

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock

Definitely grabbed a copy of A Robot Named Fight, although I skipped Demon's Tier+ since I have no interest in having a complete PEG collection and I already have a RAG copy. And as for Hoa, I snagged a copy of that along with Iris Fall (which...the NTSC version appears to be harder to find than a PAL copy), Ever Forward, and Ministry of Broadcast.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic