Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,821 to 3,840 of 5,014

BigKing

@GoldenGamer88 The kraken was one of the few great specials in 1, it was the wailer that was annoying. You weren't defenseless against the kraken and the kraken was great when paired with a high risk main like the slosher. You had to come close to the enemy, so the kraken provided a way out. It was also great for breaking into the base of the other team. I miss that versatility with the specials in 2. The subs are also worse in 2. The seeker was really versatile and so much fun to use, but usually paired with a weaker main.
BTW The Wii U is not the worst console. Actually, a hacked Wii U is frigging awesome and a must have for any Nintendo fan(you can play NES, SNES, Wii, Wii U, Gamecube, DS, Gameboy (Advance), Virtual Boy and some N64 games all on one console) .

@Kimyonaakuma Because of the crazy chaotic moments, I had the feeling I was still learning new tactics and tricks even years after it's release. With 2 I have the feeling I already know how to play. Almost every match feels the same. I don't even feel the urge to change my loadout when the maps change.

BigKing

GoldenGamer88

@BigKing I always felt the Kraken was kind of a cheap Special as it allowed for a way out of dangerous situations. It does live on in the Baller, though. You can still break into the enemy‘s base with it (albeit not as reliably as before its huge nerf a few months ago) and it allows for a cheap getaway (also not as reliably any more). The subs are also very similar between the two and the Seeker‘s successor, the Autobomb does a much better job as you can actually throw it. I will agree though that the Curling Bomb is a bad sub. Well, either that or I‘m just not good with it.

Considering I am 100% against hacking of any way, shape or form, this sloth remains a sloth and will always be a sloth.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Kimyonaakuma

@BigKing Yeah I can relate to that. I only bought the game just over a week ago so a lot of the stages are still new to me, however some of the older stages feel quite different. They're still fun but I feel like that could wear off in the coming weeks. My main problem is that I'm against the same people every single night! I can play at 4pm or 12am and it's the same people, which isn't fun because they're mostly really good or really bad. I'm guessing that they've separated online play into different regions for less lag but it's not as fun to me because it's always a similar team. I've only played against people from Asia a few times where it used to be really common in the original. It's nothing major but when you're playing most nights it's noticeable.

I'm just about to start the Splatfest so that should be fun, I still have Shellendorf institute and Shifty Station to try out!

Kimyonaakuma

GoldenGamer88

@Kimyonaakuma The game matches with others depending on the ping so obviously, you‘ll meet a lot of the same people again. Though I do live in a pretty rural area in Bavaria and I get loads of different people with japanese making up roughly 15%. I do see a lot of peeps with obvious german names, though.

Kimyonaakuma

@GoldenGamer88 Oh that makes sense, thank you!

I live in Scotland but most of the usernames seem to be French or German instead of English. But Nintendo isn't as popular in the UK so I guess there just aren't as many of us...

Japanese players aren't too common but I'm okay with that, they're much better than me!

Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

Enjoying the Splatfest so far! The new stage is amazing but the invisible floor in shifty station is weird/annoying...

Kimyonaakuma

GoldenGamer88

This Shifty Station is just meh. Its structure‘s a tad too complicated for one that you don‘t get a whole lot of time getting used to. Close range-focused weaponry definitely seems to be at an advantage here, which is nice. Already made it up to Action Queen and got seven Ink Recovery Up chunks, thus, I only need to finish off one more tiny thing before my collection is done (thus far).

Haven‘t spent too much time in Shellendorf. I‘ll need some more time with it before making my judgement. But it‘s already one of the more visually appealing stages, especially since Manta Maria.

@Kimyonaakuma Shifty Station always got some kind of annoying and weird gimmick. But that‘s what makes it Shifty Station I suppose. I really do hope they‘ll add it to normal rotation once the two years of Splatfests have come to an end.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Kimyonaakuma

@GoldenGamer88 Well at least it's different. I like finding a new part of invisible turf that nobody knows about but i keep rolling off the edge! I probably shouldn't use dualies on a new stage...

Shellendorf Institute has been my favourite of the new stages so far. I like the use of height and it's really easy to get from one side to the other.

Kimyonaakuma

A_moe

Anyone want to make a splatoon team? I'm on team action right now

Add code: SW-5690-4189-6020

A_moe

That invisible stage messed with me so much, but it's original and super dope!

Pazzo-TheFool

I had this awesome moment where everyone on the new Shifty Station was just standinf around or going in circles because they were freaked out by the invisible walls.

You can call me Caldorosso, King of Comedy. Team Action though was looking more like Team Tragedy to us.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Kimyonaakuma

@Caldorosso-E I was quite entertained when someone chased after me and ran into an invisible wall

It's fun but I don't think it would work in a permanent stage, but for shifty station it works.

...but yeah I don't see team action winning, all of my teams have had at least one person who looked clueless. I won't get my hopes up.

Kimyonaakuma

Zyrac

The Shifty Station is not that crazy, guys. It's a pretty simple layout that didn't take me long to memorise, and most of the invisible stuff will quickly be covered in ink. I find it a pretty enjoyable one, personally.

This one's been going well for me. I've kept my power above 2000 the whole time; the Undercover Brella is definitely a favourite weapon now. However, I get the impression that comedy is the less popular team, so I don't have high hopes of us winning. Higher win rate in both categories is fairly unlikely. And remember, folks, your own experience tells you pretty much nothing about how the Splatfest is going, especially since you're mostly only seeing people around your power level. (Although I did manage to get teamed with a level 7 player while having over 2100 power...)

Zyrac

Twitter:

Kimyonaakuma

I've been at a power around 1750-1800 (yeah I know, not amazing) but then my team average has been as low as 1500. Not sure how that works....

Kimyonaakuma

Pazzo-TheFool

Teaming around 2080, sitting at 2182.5 now.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Zyrac

My teams have been around 2000, not that much discrepancy. Probably the level 7 was someone whose power wasn't calculated yet... I do wish that process was less of a crapshoot.

Zyrac

Twitter:

A_moe

@Caldorosso-E aye bruh after we whoop y'all we should team up fr tho bruh I'm tired of losing with ppl who don't know how to play

GoldenGamer88

My own power is a bit under 2000 but that's only thanks to my obligated losing streak from Champion to Queen. And once I'm that low, I get teamed with peeps that have barely cracked the 20s. I can't carry a team on my own, mates.

But unlike before the Splatfest, only half of my matches were even against comedy so who knows where popularity lies. Don't really care who wins, though, 21 Snails SHOULD be enough for me.

Pazzo-TheFool

@A_moe I know it. Let me send you my FC when I get a chance and we'll own 2P league together. What's your preferred weapon?

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

A_moe

My woc is the Aerospray MG. For me, I feel it's too OP😅

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic