Forums

Topic: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Posts 481 to 500 of 525

ValhallaOutcast

Therad wrote:

ValhallaOutcast wrote:

is the DLC worth it? trying to decide between the base or gold edition during this current sale

I think it is a bit meager right now, but the last DLC isn't out yet. That introduces DK as a character and continues the story.

cool thanks for the reply

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Eagle9

Story DLC is live, just purchased

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Lroy

Eagle9 wrote:

Story DLC is live, just purchased

Excellent! I'll grab it as soon as I have the cash ☺️

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

SKTTR

Gold Edition is coming physical with all DLC, the new Donkey Kong Adventure, and all updates and bugfixes.
I knew I should have waited. :/

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

ValhallaOutcast

@Tsurii reveiws said it was half as long ass the full game , so maybe another 20 hours

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Sisilly_G

Any confirmation on whether the retail edition of Gold includes all DLC on cartridge or is it just a download code? The packaging didn't make any mention of a required download.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Ralizah

Been playing the expansion the last few days. No idea how long it is, but I can definitely confirm it's pretty meaty. The world it's set in is composed of multiple large and unique areas (in the middle of the third one now). I really like Donkey Kong's moveset.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Sisilly_G

@Tsurii : I found a single unboxing video on YouTube but it didn't really confirm anything. The cartridge looked identical though (even though the Aussie page says that the cartridge will be "gold").

I saw the back cover in person today and it made no mention of any mandatory downloads or anything like that, so I'm quite confused. Having everything on cartridge would be worth double dipping for, but if not, there's little reason to buy the Gold Edition except to have the game in a pretty new case.

Nevertheless, I would appreciate it if you could confirm either way once you receive it.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Ralizah

Played some more of this early in the morning, and I feel like I might be approaching the end... I'm not sure yet. It's fun. It's more Mario + Rabbids. It's all I could have asked for, honestly.

@mauhlin12 Haven't run into that bug, fortunately.

Ralizah

@Tsurii Only crashed on me once, thankfully.

Finished it a couple of days ago. DLC is super fun. But I understand the frustration: my game crashed THREE TIMES during the final boss fight in the base game (before all the patches, so maybe this was fixed?)

Lroy

I've been actively avoiding spoilers for the DK DLC until I can get to play it but even so, I have stumbled across video playthroughs of it on YouTube. For example, Zach Scott and Abdallah Smash have both played through the DLC on their channels.

I suggest you go to YouTube and take a look. Find the episode where they are at the part you are stuck on and hey presto, solved 👍

Here is a link to Zach Scott's playlist of the game: scroll to the end and all the DK DLC level episodes are there.

And here is Abdallah Smash's playlist for the same DK DLC:

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Grumblevolcano

Finally started this game yesterday, currently at the chapter 2 midboss and the game has been very fun so far.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FaeKnight

This game is too dang good Wanted to browse the internet, but was too busy playing Mario+Rabbids so I put it in tabletop mode so I could do both. Switch's battery almost died, so I docked it to keep playing. Battery was fully charged, so back to the computer while playing the game... Battery about to die, so docked and kept playing. And now I was forced to stop playing cause the battery in the switch is really low, and the joy con batteries just died. O.o I've been playing this game for 20 hours?!

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

JoyBoy

^

Why not take a break?
You can pause the game
by pressing +

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

FaeKnight

The problem with that Spanjard was that the controllers died. As in no longer sending any input. Fortunately it happened just after I finished chapter 5 in world 3 so I didn't lose any progress. My main shock is that the Joy Cons did die. I've never had that happen before due to their long battery life. Even leaving them off for 2 or 3 days while I jump on a game for a few hours then quit didn't drain them below 3/4ths of a charge. And I just blew through an entire charge on the Joy Con (and nearly a complete day) playing Mario + Rabbids.

Game's way too easy to lose track of the time while playing.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I noticed a new update came out for this and upon looking further, it came out 2 weeks ago with this content:

• Direct access to challenges after completing a world via the Washing Machine (you don't have to speak to the Rabbid Toads first anymore)
  • UI improvements
  • Bug fixes and stability

So maybe it is possible to completed the DK DLC without crashes now.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CDavis7M

I haven't played this game in a while and I ran the update before playing. I'm currently in World 3 and experiencing a ton of visual glitches. Similar issues at Peaches castle as well. Might try to delete the game and reinstall.

Archiving (deleting) and then reinstalling the updates fixed my issues. Btw, this was the physical copy of the game.

Edited on by CDavis7M

CDavis7M

ralphdibny

@Woomy_NNYes is it a different campaign to playing solo?

Gutted that this season pass hasn't gone on sale yet in the UK! Don't want a complete digital version on sale when I already own the base game on card

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic