Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 521 to 540 of 15,461

troy258

If pokemon and luigi's mansion are not rekeasing this year I wonder what there holiday title is. Maybe they push Animal crossing to November.

troy258

DannyBoi

If they were planning to release prime trilogy to bridge the gap to mp4, it could be years before prime trilogy releases. Or they could release it as normal.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Justifier

They could also release Prime Trilogy in separate games (15€ each).

Also, if Pokemon gets delayed into 2020, that would be bad. I kinda hope it does, however, I want it to be best Pokemon game to date. But then Nintendo needs some seriously heavy hitters this year to keep momentum going. Animal Crossing is good, but not enough.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

the_beaver

Well, if you think about it, even if Pokemon is finally pushed to next year (which could make it a revolutionary game, so I'm up to that), 2019 could still be a pretty good year. We still need to know other games Nintendo is working on (let's see those Directs coming), but it would be nice to see a year that looks like this:

Before Summer: Yoshi, Daemon X Machina, Fire Emblem and Zeldas HD.
Summer: Luigi's Mansion 3, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD.
After Summer: Animal Crossing, Bayonetta 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Super Mario 3D World Deluxe.

Plus Mortal Kombat 11, Final Fantsys, Doom Eternal, Crash Team Racing, hopefully Dragon Quest XI, shin Megami Tensei V and Yokai Watch 4 (instead of Pokemon), etc.

the_beaver

Joe-b

My son is going to give me his Switch if Pikmin 4 isn't announced soon. I hope he decides to give it to me before next Friday. That's when I buy mine. I can understand the frustration of mentioning a game is "almost done" 2 years ago then not talking about it...ever again. So for the sake of him keeping his Switch, I hope the game announced or an update is given. I myself would like them to announce some surprises, like Shenmue. Or maybe, "hey, here's Skies of Arcadia!.. The big one for right now is Animal Crossing....

Joe-b

Joe-b

@troy258 And maybe say "Pikmin 4 still exists?" Man, I hope AC isn't in November...to far away.

Edited on by Joe-b

Joe-b

GeoChrome

@Joe-b I believe that Pikmin development may have been restarted a couple of years ago. I think they were planning to bring it to the Wii U, but had to rework it for Switch since the Wii U wasn’t getting many sales at that point. My guess is that it’s coming late 2019 or early to mid 2020.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

GeoChrome

@Whitewatermoose Do you have any reasoning to why you think Luigi’s Mansion 3 isn’t coming out this year? I’ve seen many people say this and it seems pretty baseless.
Also, Pokémon has to come out this year or a whole lot of people will be disappointed.

Grumblevolcano

I'm pretty sure Nintendo would choose for Town development to halt/slow if there was any chance of Pokemon being delayed kind of like how Mario Odyssey delayed Pikmin 4.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

Joe-b wrote:

My son is going to give me his Switch if Pikmin 4 isn't announced soon.

Your son, wouldn't happen to ever go by the name of... Octane... would he?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

GeoChrome

@Whitewatermoose While it does seem odd, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon was not released in the spring. The first Luigi’s Mansion only released in the fall because it was a launch title. So just because it’s unlikely to release it before late summer or early autumn, it’s entirely possible.
I would also assume that MUA 3 would be a late spring or early summer title, since that would coincide with the release of Avengers: Endgame.

GrailUK

@Whitewatermoose You forgot Super Monkey Ball Deluxe mate. I'm sure it was an accident and not intentional...

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GeoChrome

@HeroicOtus With how far the MCU has been mapped out, I wouldn’t be surprised if it took another five years just for X-Men to get a mention.

Grumblevolcano

@Whitewatermoose I have to disagree that it would be a good year if that's all that happened, unless the 3rd party games had crossplay and cross-progression where applicable. Nintendo Switch Online has buried online games apart from a select few 1st party games (MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces, Smash Ultimate), free to play games and those with crossplay.

I don't think Nintendo would be that foolish to rely so heavily on 3rd parties when they can just release Wii U ports to fill in the gaps between new 1st party games.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

@Grumblevolcano Well he's repeatedly said at least 2 Wii/U ports are coming. How many more do you expect?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

DannyBoi

More Wii u games games? As long as they come in a portly fashion;).

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Grumblevolcano

@gcunit Around 5 total like last year. So for example:

• Eshop Wii U port like NES Remix Pack or Dr. Luigi in February to fix the gap between NSMBU Deluxe and Yoshi
  • Physical Wii U port in April
  • Physical Wii U port in May (assuming Three Houses is delayed)
  • Physical Wii U port in summer
  • Physical Wii U port in winter

Grumblevolcano

AndreaF96

Well I am divided: on one hand I want the next Pokemon game to be exceptionally good, the very best, on the other hand I need a new Pokémon game so badly. Let's go was good and all but it's not a mainline game.
I would love a new mystery dungeon though... If it was as good as the first 3 titles. Also something like pokemon ranger would be better than nothing... The last chapter was awesome.

I hope so much that nintendo releases wind waker hd for switch... It seems such a fantastic game to me... I don't want to waste the experience playing it on an emulator.

Also... What were retro studios working on during the last years (I mean before they were asked to help with MP4)?

Do you guys think dlc kingdoms for odyssey are likely to release this year (if at all)?

Edited on by AndreaF96

AndreaF96

IceClimbers

Overwatch isn't selling 2 million on the Switch lol

Pretty sure the only non-indie third party games to sell over a million on Switch that don't feature a Nintendo IP are Octopath and Skyrim.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

@HeroicOtus Oh no doubt it would be popular like Diablo 3. The latter will absolutely hit a million at some point.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic