Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 15,879

link3710

@Octane I'm actually genuinely convinced we'll get something Pikmin related this summer.

@Dezzy I still laugh every time someone says this is just a port. Like, if you can't tell that pretty much every aspect of the game has been touched up visually I don't know what to tell you.

I'm really hoping this extends to the mechanics as well. Streamline sidequests, improve the combat without losing what makes it unique in XC1, etc.

link3710

Dezzy

@link3710

Well the first trailer was quite short, and they've stayed very faithful to the original, so I can understand that someone who isn't a super-fan might have taken a quick look and thought it was just an HD port with some minor graphical tweaks. Kinda like the Wind Waker on Wii U.

But nope, they seem to have remade pretty much everything. It'll probably end up being a bit like the Ocarina remaster on 3DS where it feels like the exact same thing, but you have to go back and compare to really see how much better it is.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

IceClimbers

I ended up double dipping on the Spyro Trilogy. I have it on PS4, but I am significantly more likely to actually finish it on Switch. Even then I haven't been making much progress on games as of late due to how much I'm working.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

Given all the Nintendo info in January/February via single game Directs and other means, I think it's at a point where Sony revealing the PS5 is more desperately needed than Nintendo having a general Direct at this point.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano I half expect Sony to just release it to stores with no further information to consumers beyond price point and design.

@Rexenokid It might or it might not. The game could support it, there's so much that you'd only touch on the basics even in a dedicated direct.

link3710

Dezzy

Rexenokid wrote:

@link3710 @Dezzy
I feel like Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is worthy of its own Direct.
Probably won't happen, but if they did it might improve sales quite a bit.

Yeah I'd quite like it if they treated it as if it were a completely new game and went back to explain everything to a new audience (after all, there are about 1 million people who bought XC2 but didn't play the original)

I'm guessing they probably don't. But it could certainly benefit the game in emphasizing that it's one of the year's biggest releases (which I assume it is). There's also a lot you can go into about the game, from the locations, characters, story and game mechanics. You could easily do a 25 min Direct.

Edited on by Dezzy

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 I'm wondering if it'll be delayed to 2021, coronavirus has already lead to 2 event cancellations by Sony (PAX East and GDC) which makes sense given safety first.

@Dezzy I think at most, Xenoblade will get around the same attention from Nintendo as last year's Link's Awakening remake (of course without the E3 presence if it comes before E3). Nintendo doesn't seem to spend much time on old games unless they're old games from a Sony or Microsoft console.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@Rexenokid

The only way it's really smaller than XC2 is in terms of its leveling and management systems. In terms of story, cast of characters, world size, it's pretty much the exact same size as XC2.

Octane

@Grumblevolcano We know more about the PS5 currently than we did about the PS4 in February 2013. And the PS4 turned out fine as well. I don't think we need info, at least not until TLOU2 is out.

Octane

link3710

I won't be buying and XBSX or PS5 first year either way. Especially the PS5, they always release slim models that are less likely to break after a couple years.

link3710

Dezzy

@Rexenokid

That's what I was agreeing with. I was saying that they could still easily do a Direct because the game is equally large in terms of its world, story and cast of characters. Which they could focus on in the Direct. Like do little minute long segments explaining all of the different areas and all of the main characters.

Edited on by Dezzy

Grumblevolcano

@Octane We kind of know both more and less. Like one of the big things announced for PS5 so far is backwards compatibility with PS4 games but is it your normal backwards compatibility like PS1 games on PS2 or is it more like OG Xbox and Xbox 360 games on XB1?

Grumblevolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano True BC. That's a given. They're using the same architecture, so they don't have to emulate it.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane I saw a few articles on Push Square suggesting the full PS4 library may not be playable on PS5, wouldn't true BC have guaranteed everything?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano This is the only one I can find. It's a quote from Ubisoft; and it's difficult to say what exactly he meant with that. Anyway, there's always an odd exception I think. Especially for digital games. The Playroom, for example, will that be made available on PS5? I doubt it, but who knows. There's always an odd title that got deleted from the store, so 100% BC with every title that was ever released on a console is kinda impossible these days. But you get what I mean, 99.9% will be BC.

Octane

Anti-Matter

Octane wrote:

Does anyone remember Pikmin?

No.
I really wish for ARMS 2 from Nintendo.

I heard also about PS5 BC.
Well, since i have almost every Sony consoles (PS2 Slim Japan, PS2 Fat USA, PS3 Slim, PS4 Slim), i think i will use PS5 for playing PS5 games and some PS4 games that i think i want to play in PS5.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

Did someone say pikmin.
Did you mean Pokemin?

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Magician

Looking at Nintendo's official release schedule makes me sad.

BotW 2, Bayonetta 3, and SMT V are all locked in as 2021 (or later) games.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/schedule/#switch

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

@Rexenokid - I appreciate your optimism.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@Magician if none of those three games out this year I'll be shocked.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic