Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 15,461 to 15,480 of 15,874

Grumblevolcano

Turns out Silksong now has a Xbox store listing. I’ve checked on my Series X and it’s a real listing so news may be happening soon rather than it being an April Fools joke. The events the game has been in were Nintendo Direct E3 2019 and the Xbox showcase in June 2022.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano I REALLLLY hope it's not a shadow drop. They should at least give people a good few weeks to clear up any games they're currently playing so we can all have a clean slate going into a big game like that( assuming it's as big as the first). I'm playing about 3 games right now and I couldn't fit it in if it came, say, next week.

NintendoByNature

chiiizu

@Grumblevolcano Fingers crossed... It's going to be so surreal when this thing comes out.

Can I do a completionist run of video game history? (It's still being made so we'll see)
Currently Playing: Unicorn Overlord (Switch)
Next Up: Sand Land (PC)
Panic (Reality)

Noble_Haltmann

Oooooh interesting! I'm not familiar with listing leaks like this, do we know the usual time frame between a listing and when the game's officially up for purchase or pre-order?

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

OctolingKing13

I predict May 16th will be the next direct. remember this if it comes true cause then I can be pyoro jr

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

FishyS

Noble_Haltmann wrote:

Oooooh interesting! I'm not familiar with listing leaks like this, do we know the usual time frame between a listing and when the game's officially up for purchase or pre-order?

Historically, the time between listing and release has been anywhere between zero days and multiple years...

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Noble_Haltmann

@FishyS Ohhhh dang guess it’s not much of an indicator then. On the bright side it’s at least confirmation that Silksong is mere years away from release! 😅

FishyS

@Noble_Haltmann I mean... it might mean they are about to make an announcement. It's a little odd they suddenly stuck it up considering it is such a looked forward to game and it hasn't been in any discussions or announcements lately. It's just also possible that it got stuck up by default after some ESRB process finished. So... maybe either we hear something soon ish or else we assume this gave us zero information? 😅

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

PikaPhantom

To be fair, Silksong was featured in an Xbox presentation early last year with the implication its release was expected in 2023. I imagine it's not far out at all

PikaPhantom

dmcc0

@PikaPhantom If I remember correctly it was also announced as day one for Game Pass too, so I guess less likely to be a shadow drop - they usually get announced at least a couple of weeks in advance

dmcc0

rallydefault

I've gotta be honest, I beat Hollow Knight (not the best ending, admittedly), and I still don't see what's so great about it. I'd take a Metroid game or the new Prince of Persia any day if I wanted to play a game like that. Maybe it's just a bit too "hardcore" for me lol

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

We’re past 3pm UK time on Wednesday and no announcement so no Directs this week. As for the whole Silksong thing, I’m leaning towards April 10th shadow drop via general Direct. The Game Pass batch announcements every 2 weeks aren’t always the full list. Sometimes events add in more and the current batch has a Game Pass release every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday except the 10th.

While Team Cherry are an indie studio, I feel that Silksong is so anticipated that the game appearing in Indie World would overshadow everything else so if announcement is in a Nintendo event it would be more likely to be general Direct.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano It's not very often we get a Direct during a UK Easter holiday (well mine anyway!)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Noble_Haltmann

We'll probably know if there's a direct next week within the next few days via Pyoro.

Clammy

I predict there will be a direct before the end of the year.

And I’ve never been wrong with a Nintendo prediction yet.

Edited on by Clammy

Clammy

Lazz

I'm burnt out on Nintendo rumors - were they floating around that we'd have a direct this week? I'm at the point where I'll be pleasantly surprised if we hear anything before September.

Nick

Bolt_Strike

If we're getting a Nintendo Direct this month I think it'll be a Mini at best that announces a handful of remakes/remasters. We're probably not going to get much until they're ready to reveal the Switch 2, and if that's expected to be a March 2025 launch I don't think it's getting revealed anytime soon. Rumors are saying a June reveal, that might even be optimistic. Remember that the Switch wasn't revealed until October, we might be waiting until the Fall to fully lift the lid on this thing. We could be sitting on next to nothing for the next 6 MONTHS.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

@GrailUK Wouldn’t have made much sense to be this week given the 3DS/Wii U online shutdown. That’s another reason why I predicted the 10th, Nintendo probably want people to forget about the shutdown so having a big general Direct after the shutdown with software people beg for every time a Direct happens like Silksong and Prime 4 would help keep the focus on Switch rather than the shutdown.

Grumblevolcano

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano I know Youtube is a bit of an echo chamber but why do folk say it's "a weird year" or "a transitional year" or even "a quiet year"?

Despite every channel and their gran saying we don't know anything about Nintendo's plans, they have a game a month till June! How is that weird or quiet lol.

This month has no title and I would put money on something being shadow dropped. If that needs a Direct, I wouldn't say no of course. Love em. But if folk are expecting announcements for the back half of the year, I fear it's a little too early.

I think most channels are just burnt out from expecting new hardware and the rumoured delay of the rumoured console has probably bummed them out to the point of being indifferent to the Switch line up lol. Coz, hey, they have to grift a bit harder for views. God forbid they get excited about titles this late on in the console's life! I don't remember many people wishing Panzer Dragoon Saga was on new hardware. Switch will have a couple more gems right up to Switch 2.

As for timing with the shutdown. I think they'll just be as quiet about it as possible lol. Less said the better.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic