Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 15,872

Matthew010

A few people are expecting a Mario Golf game at some point. Could that be revealed in September and released in December? I think reveal-to-release is long enough for a spin-off, but I don't know if Mario Golf can be classed as a "big holiday game".

Matthew010

Heavyarms55

@toiletduck I don't think we ever had a month slot for Animal Crossing before it was delayed. Not officially that I can remember.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Grumblevolcano

@Heavyarms55 We didn't, it's just been 2019 between its reveal in September 2018 and the delay announcement at E3 2019.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

@Grumblevolcano I seriously had to remind myself that it is 2019 just now. Somehow my brain reverted back to 2018 for a few minutes. Anyway, yeah, that's what I though.

Still I seriously doubt Nintendo would skip December, even if they had planned for it being Animal Crossing at first, I am sure they will slot something else in there.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

BruceCM

There's still some games supposed to be coming this year without dates.... Some of them might well be December?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Still I seriously doubt Nintendo would skip December, even if they had planned for it being Animal Crossing at first, I am sure they will slot something else in there.

Probably Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dogorilla

Magician wrote:

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Still I seriously doubt Nintendo would skip December, even if they had planned for it being Animal Crossing at first, I am sure they will slot something else in there.

Probably Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.

Isn't that already confirmed for November?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

link3710

@Dogorilla Yeah, Mario & Sonic is November.

And honestly, with the sheer number of games coming out over the next 3 months, Nintendo could totally get away without any more releases in 2019. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Mario Golf or something smaller like that is coming, but I'm not expecting it. We're already getting Astral Chain, Daemon Ex Machina, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Mario & Sonic, and Pokemon S/S in under 3 months. Chances are there will be a holiday LABO kit as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get another game release until the end of January/beginning of February

link3710

IceClimbers

Yeah I really don't think we need a December game.

I could them positioning the Switch version of the Outer Worlds as the big December game though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Diddy64

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@Grumblevolcano I seriously had to remind myself that it is 2019 just now. Somehow my brain reverted back to 2018 for a few minutes. Anyway, yeah, that's what I though.

It has happened to me 😅

Anyway, perhaps they could put Wind Waker HD in December, as that game has a bit of open world freedom (sailing) that would make (some) people think of Breath of the Wild. So it'll be as a marketing for Breath of the Wild and the game itself.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Grumblevolcano

Another prediction I've thought of that hasn't been mentioned is a new update for Mario Maker 2 so like more stuff added to the styles that were in the original games, the reintroduction of amiibo costumes, a new game style, etc.

The Wii U Mario Maker got some post-launch updates and I'd guess Mario Maker 2 has this structure too though more of them as Nintendo hasn't announced the Switch's successor yet.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

I feel as though I'm content going forward with Directs.

No predictions, no allusions, zero expectations. With everything Nintendo has delivered on the Switch over its first two and a half years, that has already cemented the Switch as my favorite Nintendo platform of all-time. It hasn't quite topped the nostalgia I hold for the SNES, but it's getting close. As an rpg fan, it's difficult to top the SNES's significance for that genre.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

So we have our next Direct, Indie World on Monday.

Grumblevolcano

IceClimbers

I don't think they consider the indie broadcasts as Directs.

That being said, fingers crossed for an Ori and the Blind Forest announcement.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Magician

29 minutes? Wowie zowie. I wonder if there'll be a focus on a handful of award-winning standouts? Or will this be a sizzle reel of several above-average or well-received indies? I'm mildly interested, if only too see the possibilities for future releases from Limited Run, Super Rare, Strictly Limited, First Press, Play-Asia, Red Art, iam8bit, Fangamer, Skybound, Wired Productions, Special Reserve, Dispatch Games, yadda yadda yadda.

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Yeah with Cuphead announced in the last indie presentation followed by New Super Lucky's Tale at E3, Ori in the Indie World presentation and then Rare Replay in the next normal Direct seems like a reasonable guess.

Microsoft would also benefit from the extra Ori hype as the sequel is their next 1st party game for XB1 and PC after Gears 5.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

NintendoByNature

With the overwatch case being listed on Amazon, and licensed by Nintendo, a direct REALLLLLY seems likely now. Especially one in the very near future.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

Is there usually a Direct about this time? I can't even remember.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic