Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 6,912

Magician

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Still I seriously doubt Nintendo would skip December, even if they had planned for it being Animal Crossing at first, I am sure they will slot something else in there.

Probably Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.

Switch Physical Collection - 677 games (as of December 4th, 2020)
Currently playing: Va-11 Hall-A (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Dogorilla

Magician wrote:

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Still I seriously doubt Nintendo would skip December, even if they had planned for it being Animal Crossing at first, I am sure they will slot something else in there.

Probably Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.

Isn't that already confirmed for November?

Dogorilla

link3710

@Dogorilla Yeah, Mario & Sonic is November.

And honestly, with the sheer number of games coming out over the next 3 months, Nintendo could totally get away without any more releases in 2019. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Mario Golf or something smaller like that is coming, but I'm not expecting it. We're already getting Astral Chain, Daemon Ex Machina, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Mario & Sonic, and Pokemon S/S in under 3 months. Chances are there will be a holiday LABO kit as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get another game release until the end of January/beginning of February

link3710

IceClimbers

Yeah I really don't think we need a December game.

I could them positioning the Switch version of the Outer Worlds as the big December game though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Diddy64

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@Grumblevolcano I seriously had to remind myself that it is 2019 just now. Somehow my brain reverted back to 2018 for a few minutes. Anyway, yeah, that's what I though.

It has happened to me 😅

Anyway, perhaps they could put Wind Waker HD in December, as that game has a bit of open world freedom (sailing) that would make (some) people think of Breath of the Wild. So it'll be as a marketing for Breath of the Wild and the game itself.

Undergoing games:
HW: Age of Calamity (playing it)
Zelda BotW (on hiatus)
Fire Emblem Awakening (playing it)
Octopath Traveler (on hiatus)
Hyrule Warriors DE (on hiatus)
Zelda Phantom Hourglass (on hiatus)

Grumblevolcano

Another prediction I've thought of that hasn't been mentioned is a new update for Mario Maker 2 so like more stuff added to the styles that were in the original games, the reintroduction of amiibo costumes, a new game style, etc.

The Wii U Mario Maker got some post-launch updates and I'd guess Mario Maker 2 has this structure too though more of them as Nintendo hasn't announced the Switch's successor yet.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

I feel as though I'm content going forward with Directs.

No predictions, no allusions, zero expectations. With everything Nintendo has delivered on the Switch over its first two and a half years, that has already cemented the Switch as my favorite Nintendo platform of all-time. It hasn't quite topped the nostalgia I hold for the SNES, but it's getting close. As an rpg fan, it's difficult to top the SNES's significance for that genre.

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Grumblevolcano

So we have our next Direct, Indie World on Monday.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

I don't think they consider the indie broadcasts as Directs.

That being said, fingers crossed for an Ori and the Blind Forest announcement.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Magician

29 minutes? Wowie zowie. I wonder if there'll be a focus on a handful of award-winning standouts? Or will this be a sizzle reel of several above-average or well-received indies? I'm mildly interested, if only too see the possibilities for future releases from Limited Run, Super Rare, Strictly Limited, First Press, Play-Asia, Red Art, iam8bit, Fangamer, Skybound, Wired Productions, Special Reserve, Dispatch Games, yadda yadda yadda.

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Yeah with Cuphead announced in the last indie presentation followed by New Super Lucky's Tale at E3, Ori in the Indie World presentation and then Rare Replay in the next normal Direct seems like a reasonable guess.

Microsoft would also benefit from the extra Ori hype as the sequel is their next 1st party game for XB1 and PC after Gears 5.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

NintendoByNature

With the overwatch case being listed on Amazon, and licensed by Nintendo, a direct REALLLLLY seems likely now. Especially one in the very near future.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

Is there usually a Direct about this time? I can't even remember.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Yeah, past years:

2018 - Planned for September 6th, delayed to September 13th
2017 - September 13th
2016 - 3DS Direct September 1st
2014 - Bayonetta 2 Direct September 4th
2013 - Pokemon Direct September 4th, Wii Fit U Direct September 18th
2012 - Wii U Direct September 13th

September 12th seems a likely date as it would also give Astral Chain some room.

Grumblevolcano

GrailUK

Next Week.
Monster Hunter is coming.

(possibly lol)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Cool, didn't realise it'd been that consistent. Seems quite likely then!
People had been saying it was weird they don't have a December game.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Old_Man_Nintendo

I think Overwatch will be the big December game

Switch friend code: 8304-2470-1243

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic