Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Yeah, past years:

2018 - Planned for September 6th, delayed to September 13th
2017 - September 13th
2016 - 3DS Direct September 1st
2014 - Bayonetta 2 Direct September 4th
2013 - Pokemon Direct September 4th, Wii Fit U Direct September 18th
2012 - Wii U Direct September 13th

September 12th seems a likely date as it would also give Astral Chain some room.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

Next Week.
Monster Hunter is coming.

(possibly lol)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Cool, didn't realise it'd been that consistent. Seems quite likely then!
People had been saying it was weird they don't have a December game.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ZuneTattooGuy

I think Overwatch will be the big December game

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

link3710

@FragRed That's the GameStop Managers conference (a private function where they go over what to expect upcoming in the industry), so nothing to do with the Direct.

As for the direct, from 2012-2014 the major fall direct was in November, with game specific ones in September. Since 2015, every major fall direct has been in the first two weeks of September, and I highly doubt that will change this year. Two weeks from now seems likely, yeah.

link3710

NintendoByNature

Prediction time!!

I think you'll get your typical few minutes of upcoming games info (zelda daemon DQ, Luigi and pokemon) but as for new stuff, a Wii u port maybe of 3d world or pikmin for January. Im still banking on prime trilogy and I think that's December honestly. They need to also bring up whats going on for switch online and new systems.

Oh and overwatch!

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Krull

We are so overloaded with games right now, I don’t really need this Direct. Still love them, though. Seeing as we got Breath of the Wild 2 teased this summer, I reckon a Super Mario Odyssey 2 has to be in the offing.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Magician

My wallet lays broken and battered. An yet, the hype for tomorrow's Direct is real.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

@Magician you and me both. It's a shame that games I want to buy and play right away, Will have to wait. Then again, What a great problem to have and a great time to be a switch owner. Looking at $175 from Aug 30- September 30. And that's WITH cutting games out. These are all day 1's that I'm getting no matter what. Maybe just maybe I can cut down (1)$20 game and bring the total down to $155. But still... did i mention that's NOT including tomorrow's direct and what's in store for either shadow drops or very near future 😣

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000

I wonder if this will be like the past 2 years and we'll know some surprise big 3rd party ports suddenly.Though maybe they'll focus more on the ones we know, Witcher 3 should be marketed heavily on Switch.

I'm mostly just interested in if we'll see Town again.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

Hope they give us another sneak peak at Death of the Wild (working title).

I also think we'll get another port of some kind. Either Mario 3D World or maybe the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Probably something else from Square Enix too. I think Switch is probably becoming their biggest market. Either another Final Fantasy game (maybe 13) or maybe another port of DQ8, given that it's so well-loved in Japan, and also they have yet to release a superior port of it.

farrow000

My predictions

Super Mario Odyssey 2
Super Mario Sunshine Remaster
Pikmin 3 wii U Port
Bayonetta 3 gameplay footage
Pokemon Sword/sheild starter evolutions
Smash bros - Banjo date and SNK character reveal
Doom enternal switch footage
Call of duty game

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

rallydefault

@Dezzy
"Death of the Wild" - maybe more irony in that than people will realize.

rallydefault

MonadoBoy

I kind of doubt it will happen, but it would be nice to see what Monolith Soft has been working on. If I recall correctly, they were working on a new fantasy-themed IP in 2017, so I wonder how far along the development is for that. A new Xenoblade would be great, too, though I kind of doubt anything about it would be announced before 2020. I also heard they were working on a Zelda game; is that for BOTW 2 kind of like what they did for the original, or a completely different project?

MonadoBoy

Dezzy

@rallydefault

I don't follow. What's the irony?

@MonadoBoy

A HD remaster of XC1 would be good!

NintendoByNature

Some last minute predictions as I've been thinking this morning.

Likely: Pine is a shadow drop since it was supposed to release in August.

Maybe Unlikely: Axel from streets of rage a smash character

NintendoByNature

Magician

Five...hours...to go!

Waiting, it's always the hardest part in life.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@MonadoBoy Well, Monolith Soft has 5 studios now, and is working on the new fantasy IP, the new xenoblade, BotW 2 (presumably, not confirmed, but this is likely the Kyoto studio that only supports Nintendo and doesn't develop their own titles), and likely two other projects at the same time (supposedly one is a 'third option' whatever that means, the other studio only just opened so unless they start off with ports while they assemble their team we won't be seeing what they're up to). I'd be surprised if we don't see them at this point.

link3710

Matthew010

Can't watch live - 11pm BST is unrealistic for me. I'll be catching up tomorrow morning, hopefully with no spoilers (harder than it sounds - it's all that is suggested on YouTube after a Direct.)

Hey Nintendo, if you're listening, Pilotwings would be great please and thank you.

Matthew010

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic