Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 16,020

IceClimbers

@NintendoByNature The Direct will almost assuredly be mid-September.

@Grumblevolcano I'd expect a spotlight segment on Luigi's Mansion 3 most likely. As for a December game, it'll be an eShop title at most (whether that be something like Pushmo or an NSO exclusive). I think a retail title is out of the question at this point.

I can see them revealing the 4th character but give Banjo details separately for... reasons.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Magician

I would be fine if the next Direct wasn't until January.

August to December is already stacked with releases.

My wallet needs a breather.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

@Magician what's coming In December? I know September October and November are packed but I can't remember what's in December

NintendoByNature

Magician

NintendoByNature wrote:

@Magician what's coming In December? I know September October and November are packed but I can't remember what's in December

Aside from Neverwinter Nights nothing comes to mind. But there are dozens of games with a Q4 release window but no firm release date. I'm certain that the next Direct will fill in the blanks. Games such as The Witcher 3, Rune Factory 4 HD, Two Point Hospital, Final Fantasy VIII Remastered, and Vampyr top my list...to name a few.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Diddy64

NintendoByNature wrote:

For direct predictions...
Sometime in the next 4 week's
A Wii u port for December and Jan or Feb. Probabaly wonderful 101 and Mario 3d world.
A new dk game for 2020 as well as a 2d metroid.

@NintendoByNature That would be fantastic. A new DK and Metroid is always welcomed 😊

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Diddy64

I just remembered that Nintendo said in their E3 Direct that they have other surprises in the future. We may have one surprise left for this year, probably for December.

Undergoing games:

Heavyarms55

I was just thinking yesterday, we don't have a big release set for December yet, do we? Nintendo has kept up their one big Nintendo/exclusive release each month for a while now, I doubt they'd skip December.

Or am I forgetting something? Astral Chain this month, Link's Awakening next month, Luigi's Mansion 3 in October, Pokemon in November... what's December?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Diddy64

Exactly. As far as I know, there isn't any major game coming that month. Seeing as there is at least one major game every month, it's likely that they announce one new major game for December in the next direct.

Undergoing games:

Toy_Link

We’ve heard almost nothing about the western localization of Yo-Kai Watch 4 and Nintendo usually localizes and publishes those games. It’d be a bit sooner than the localization period of past games, but the announcement of a western release was also sooner than usual.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

IceClimbers

They've skipped months before.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Dezzy

Heavyarms55 wrote:

I was just thinking yesterday, we don't have a big release set for December yet, do we? Nintendo has kept up their one big Nintendo/exclusive release each month for a while now, I doubt they'd skip December.

Quite a few of those have been third parties, which probably aren't following a Nintendo schedule.
I'm sure there'll be something released in December, but I don't think they're necessarily aiming for 1 every month.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I think we will get FF VIII Remaster, FF Crystal Chronicles HD Remaster, Story of Seasons Doraemon on December 2019.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

I think if we get a December game it'll be eshop exclusive or Wii U port otherwise it would've been revealed at E3. In both 2017 and 2018 we knew the Nintendo lineup for the rest of the year by the end of E3 but we did find out a early January game in a September Direct before, namely NSMBU Deluxe (early January isn't far off December).

But I do think either way that the September Direct would tease a few surprises for 2020 like last year teased Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

Yea I'm thinking December and January are both eshop exclusives or Wii u ports. I feel like a new game Wouldve been announced already if it was coming in December.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature Yeah, I think the first new retail game of 2020 will be Animal Crossing.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Oh yeah, where the heck is Crystal Chronicles HD. Been waiting what feels like ages for more info since the original announcement

TuVictus

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano probably. Id say were getting the inevitable wind waker or tp port but then we wouldn't be getting botw2 in 2020 which I'm optimistic is a 2020 game.

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Yeah but none of those are the Nintendo release. I'm talking about the title from Nintendo or one of their second party studios. Last year we had Smash in December and before that we had Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Nintendo has been hitting a good beat of one major release of their own every month - while I could see them skipping slow months like the couple months after the holiday season, I really doubt they'd skip December.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

toiletduck

@Heavyarms55 It would indeed seem weird if Nintendo would skip december... I guess they wouldn't do that on purpose so something that was planned for december was delayed. Wasn't december supposed to be for Animal Crossing?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic