Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 4,101 to 4,120 of 4,706

Pizzamorg

I have it installed, but it has just gone 8am here in the UK and all my hunting friends are at work, so will need to wait a few hours for lunch to have our first taste.

For anyone who has jumped in already, does it immediately launch into Sunbreak, or do you need to trigger it? Like can I still drop into Kamura and do some stuff without touching the Sunbreak content and getting in front of my friends? I mostly want to check the beards lol as I heard they added new facial hair.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg You'll have to complete an urgent quest in Kamura before the option to leave even becomes available.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Joeynator3000

I think I may end up dropping the Charge Blade...I don't know why but this one move for some bizarre reason rarely works fully. (the Axe Hopper and causing an ultimate discharge or whatever) I can't figure it out, rarely it works, other time I just feel like I've wasted time trying to pull it off. As for my favorite feature, "Chainsaw Mode" as I like to call it, is becoming harder to keep up without having to put away the weapon to get away or something. Finding myself having to start it up constantly only to cancel it...

I'm just a bad CB user, just gonna stick with the Glaive and Gunlance now, no idea why I even stopped using the Glaive since it was my main in 4U. lol

Also, I'm still dealing with choppy/laggy video captures when it involves this game. I've no idea why, it's annoying...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Pizzamorg

Ralizah wrote:

@Pizzamorg You'll have to complete an urgent quest in Kamura before the option to leave even becomes available.

Thanks buddy!

New beards are still terrible, but that new mohawk and 'tach... glorious.

Untitled

TeeJay

I just found out that followers can run off for a bit and then return riding a monster, lmao! It just happened to me in a follower quest.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

I finally started digging in. And it's so freaking good!!!

Crafted Velociprey armor, then used it to farm Daimyo Hermitaur and crafted that armor. The fashion in this expansion is insane.

Untitled

Untitled

In Rise, I'd made a mixed set with specific skills and just used layered armor the rest of the game, and it kinda took away the addictive nature of farming new armor sets.

I feel like I did back in MH3U, making a new armor set for virtually every single new monster I fight. Obviously I'll tone that down and try to just make a new one every 5 monsters or so, but still. I'm loving it. Once I get to G3/4 where the new monsters are, I'm gonna make every single set. Every last one of them.

There's so many Quests, too. I'm definitely not charging through to get to the end. I'm gonna do every single quest in the game. In order. I'm still working on MR1 Quests. Got about half of them done so far. Only need to finish 2 more key Quests to unlock the next urgent (I did an urgent before but it just unlocked mote MR1 Quests). But ya. No rush. Every quest gets a checkmark.

This is a game you savor. And with proper afflicted monsters for endgame, and lots of title updates, I might be playing this all the way up to Persona 5.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

FYI

I have two digital download codes for Sunbreak. One is standard edition, one is digital deluxe. I'm selling for $10 under MSRP, figured I'd give NintendoLife members first dibs before they go on eBay for $5 under MSRP.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

...Ugh, dammit, I have to take a picture of that stupid monksnail thing AGAIN?! I bet it's not going to show up much anymore because of this...why can't it just use my original picture? >.<

Keep it PG-13-ish.

TeeJay

@Joeynator3000 I literally thought the same thing, I was very unpleasantly surprised to find that I couldn't just use the picture I had already taken ages ago.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pizzamorg

I read some reviews which said the transition into Master Rank was really steep, so yesterday I just focused on clearing every MR1 quest I had access to, to make as much new gear as I could. I intend to take on that new Deviant today and move up into MR2 and see what happens.

I actually thought save for the odd monster that hits surprisingly hard, it really hasn't been that difficult so far. Like deffo way, way, easier than I think reviews set my expectations for. I guess a lot of the reviewers hadn't really engaged in the end game, so they were going straight from HR to MR? I guess that could be rough?

For me, I had been doing Sunbreak prep for weeks. Building sets to take on those Emergency Apex one shot machines. I am then taking that true end game gear and now I am adding like a bonus 200 more amour with the MR pieces, losing pretty much no skills (and if anything, gaining new skills, as this new gear is way more generous when it comes to deco slots), and also wielding Doots that can hit twice as hard as anything I have used before it. This meant MR1 to me seemed easier than stuff I had been facing for the last couple of weeks.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Ulysses

Finally starting it up today! The cutscenes are gorgeous, first of all. Just now making it to Elgado. Fingers crossed we get some sweet HBG's in Master Rank!!

Ulysses

Joeynator3000

I spent way too much time on that stupid 3 pictures of cohoots thing. I eventually found the last one, geez. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

Ok, got the 2nd page of MR1 Quests all completed, and the ones from the 1st page that aren't current key Quests. Only a couple more to go before all MR1 Quests are complete (for now anyways, I'm sure more will unlock).

There's just so much content. And I fully intend to take my time with it. Skipping over early MR quests and leaving them for later sucks. They always feel like a chore when you have to come back to them later after you're way more powerful. I'd rather do them as I go.

Jungle map is so good, btw. It's not too big, like Ancient Forest was, but it's just the right size to feel expansive without overdoing it. It's big enough to be kinda confusing and get semi-lost in when exploring, but not so big you can't easily get to where you need to go at any point in time. This feels like what I wanted Ancient Forest to be.

Ralizah

Elgado is kind of a boring hub compared to Kamura.

Kinda fun to have monsters actually take some effort to defeat again, though. The Yian-Kut-Ku I just fought took a real beating. Granted, I'm sure that will be less the case once I craft MR gear.

@JaxonH Same thing I'm doing, only slower. Just gonna play a little every day. That way, I won't finish before the content updates like last time and drop the game for months.

Besides, this'll be the last MR game on a Nintendo handheld for a good, long time, since the next 3 - 4 years will probably be a next-gen entry.

Edited on by Ralizah

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Very true.

Though there is something I've been thinking about. With NateTheHate recently insisting his info on the more powerful Switch (presumably with DLSS) is good info, and that it will come eventually, I started thinking about how different that system will be with 3rd party support out the gate.

With how well Switch has done and how well 3rd party games are selling, and how much more support we're now getting, I suspect the next Switch (be it a Pro or successor) will have insane 3rd party support out the gate. All the games still MIA on Switch will likely show up on the next system, and I imagine, assuming Nintendo doubles down with the concept and doesn't go off in some strange direction, it'll close the gap with PC/Xbox/PS enouh that it feels like there's just 4 equal platforms every big multiplat releases on. Finally achieving near equality in that regard.

And if that happens, we'd likely see RE2 remake, RE3 remake, RE4 remake, RE7, RE Village, etc since that would be the remaining ports Switch couldn't handle. And future multiplatform games might just start coming to Switch. Not necessarily day and date because it would still be ARM based, but come nonetheless.

In which case, the next MH game could very well just be multiplat across all systems, and Rise is the last exclusive of the series. Then their "portable team" just starts making more graphically capable entries that are also multiplat across all systems, and we just get MH twice as frequently. But still with the alternating slower/methodical and faster/action styles.

I think things are going to radically change once Nintendo releases a new Switch that can handle scaled versions of all current games like SteamDeck can. Unlike with Switch, where the failure of Wii U led to slowly earning support for half a decade, the next will be full tilt out the gate. If dev kits truly exist there's probably all sorts of crazy games being worked on for it we're not even aware of.

It's something to think about, at least.

Kermit1doesmath

JaxonH wrote:

ARM based

Is that a tease for ARMS 2 🤔 WHAT DO YOU KNOW THAT WE DON'T!!!!

dysgraphia awareness human

Joeynator3000

....Well I didn't expect Garangolm to do a giant explosion attack, geez. Almost failed that quest at the end, too.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Ralizah

@JaxonH There's still a pretty big gap between Switch and even the last gen power consoles, let alone the far more capable ones games are currently being designed for. Even if a game could technically be scaled down to run on the next-gen Nintendo hybrid, a lot of companies just won't do that, for whatever reason. So I don't expect Nintendo's weak AAA support to change all that much in the near future.

Besides, I think Capcom likes having alternating lines of games that release on Nintendo consoles vs power consoles. Why else wasn't Rise announced for Xbone/PS4 to coincide with the PC release?

Don't get me wrong: I fully expect the next Nintendo hybrid will launch with a much healthier level of third-party support. I just don't really foresee the types of games it'll get changing all that much.

My big hope, with all these games with uncapped framerates and adaptive resolutions releasing, is that the next console will be fully BC with this generation of games and run them better out of the gate. If that does happen, SMT V will be first on my list of games to try out.

I'll confess, though, I'll be a little disappointed if the next console doesn't ship with an OLED display.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic