Forums

Topic: It's on PS4/Steam, why not Switch? 2023 Edition

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Magician

2022 is almost behind us. In terms of third party support, 2022 was a banner year on Switch.

But we as gamers always want more.

My top three "where's the Switch port?" games heading into 2023 are...

Guilty Gear Strive - My argument is always the same. Arcsystemworks got us Dragon Ball FighterZ on Switch (and will be getting us DNF Duel on Switch in April), so don't try to tell me it isn't possible. Nintendo needs to know the smell of the game.

Batman: Return to Arkham - Long rumored as coming to Switch, but has yet to be announced. A double pack of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Two of the best metroidvanias with a Batman theme.

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games - The first two games in the Zero Escape trilogy. Considering we got most of the Danganronpa games this time last year, I had been hopeful that Aksys Games and Spike Chunsoft would be eager to bring Zero Escape to Switch. But here we are, still waiting.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,258 games (as of June 7th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Buizel

Persona 5- oh wait, it finally happened.

Yakuza series.

Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2.

Batman Arkham series.

Tomb Raider reboot series.

Psychonauts 2

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Magician

@Buizel

Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 are on Switch, but in Asian territories only at the moment. No English support.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Buizel

@Magician Madness! Seems strange that they'd bring 3 over in English with the first 2 just waiting in the East. In a series known for it's cross-game continuity, no less.

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Yeah I'm well aware of this unfortunately. Such a shame considering I personally think it would be a perfect fit, and SEGA in general have provided the Switch with excellent support.

Although...where's Sakura Wars, SEGA?

At least 2'8".

Magician

@Buizel You've got to go beat down XSEED's door. To my knowledge they still have the western distribution rights for ToCS 1 & 2. Instead they keep giving us Story of Seasons and Rune Factory games.

Dimjimmer

Castlevania Requiem.

While other demanding games may be delayed or denied on Switch for understandable reasons, I am still mystified that Konami hasn't released the compilation (or even the games separately) on Switch or on PC.

Dimjimmer

JaxonH

@Dimjimmer
Nothing to be mystified about. Konami always brings retro games to Switch, so why wouldn’t they being the most anticipated Castlevania that was releasing the same time as Belmont in Smash? You already know why. Sony, ****blocker extraordinaire, loves paying for exclusion clauses that prevents games from releasing on competing platforms. And they’re petty enough to do it for even the smallest of games. Anything with an ounce of hype behind it is fair game in their eyes. Though that is changing under the Ryan regime, as they seem less occupied with smaller titles and laser focused on blockbusters.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Matt_Barber

I'd have said Immortality and Vampire Survivors but they're not even on PS4/5 yet!

Come on guys. I can play these on my phone.

Matt_Barber

Dimjimmer

@JaxonH
See, I would have accepted that explanation if either of these games had remained exclusive to a Playstation platform over the years. But neither of those games are exclusive. Hell, Symphony of the Night was even brought on mobile phones after the PS4 release (and it's the PSP version with the new voiceovers and playable Maria). So I'm left to ponder why other formerly Playstation-exclusive games have little to no issue being released elsewhere after a short period of time, but this one specific release is still locked to a single platform after 4 years.

Dimjimmer

Ralizah

From what I've heard, Sony funded the development of the Castlevania Requiem collection, so them having exclusive access to it seems fair to me.

There are still a few absences that baffle me, though. Where is The Nonary Games collection? Where is the Disney Afternoon Collection? That these both contain games that originally released on Nintendo consoles make their absence particularly egregious.

In terms of Vampire Survivors, considering the GP release it enjoyed recently, I wouldn't be surprised if some exclusivity shenanigans are at work.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

Matt_Barber

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Microsoft did a deal to get Vampire Survivors on Xbox and Game Pass. It'll probably just be a time limited one though, so maybe we'll see more ports next year.

Matt_Barber

FragRed

There’s been so many games that have come out during the Switch lifecycle that should have been ported over, and I’m sure there’ll be a load more to come.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MarkL1987

I know an updated version of FF7 Crisis Core just recently hit the Switch, but I'd love to see FF7 Remake come to the console at some point. I did read something earlier on Google that said that Sony had perma blocked that game from coming to Xbox, but they never said anything about it never coming to Switch

Favorite Switch games:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Friend code: SW-4428-8318-9398

SillyG

A main series Dead or Alive game. Any old one will do. Hell, they can port Dimensions for all I care.

Just give us something.

It's almost shocking that we got a new Xtreme game (especially given that previous games in the series had never been released on Nintendo platforms), but we're yet to see a main series game.

Porygon did nothing wrong.
Pokémon GO Friend Code: 3186-9043-9218
Pokémon Sleep Friend Code: 1158-2327-1187

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Magician

Significant progress was made with yesterday's Direct.

Batman Arkham, check. Metal Gear Solid, check. Vampire Survivors, check.

Still no Guilty Gear Strive, but hey...I'll take the wins as they come.

AnVold

Then any game is on PS4, then it's ok. It doesn't need to come on Switch, because I can play it on PS4.

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic