Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,768

Geobros

Quarth wrote:

I recently finished FFXII and now I'm playing FFX. I must say that despite it being more linear and traditional, X feels like the better game (except that #@!?# blitzball and the fact that you can't skip cutscenes). Maybe it's because the story is more engaging and the characters more developed and likeable? Anyway they are both good games.

I didnt play FF XII yet. I am trying to complete the FF X-2 in 100%. It is a good game? The system battle is similar to FF X or it is more an action RPG?

Geobros

My Nintendo: Geobros

Dezzy

@Geobros

Very different battle system to X. FFXII has an MMO type battle system. Similar to Xenoblade Chronicles or Dragon Age.

It's seamless with exploration, and you move your character in real-time, but attacks are on a timer. So you just walk up to an enemy on the map and you'll automatically start attacking one another based on timers, which happen automatically. You're in charge of the kind of higher-level coordination between characters and between different attacks.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

@Geobros
And.... FF XII is back to Classic FF way in term of character parameter. It limited by Level character until Lv 99.
You can do Break Damage Limit on FF XII, but not as strong as FF X.
And the Zodiac Age version force you to think carefully which licence board to be chosen since they have different skills / magics / equipments. So you cannot make All characters learnt All same abilities like FF X.
FF XII is great in gameplay system but pretty boring in storyline. Lack of humour and too many Shakespere's level dialogues since the story is heavily about politic issue, war between two kingdoms and Myst.
The are 13 Espers on FF XII, they are represent each Zodiac sign from Aries (Belias) until Pisces (Mateus) including Ophiuchus (Zodiark) as the 13th Zodiac. You have to beat them to obtain them as Esper but they are pretty weak after become Esper, compared with Aeons FF X. There is NO crazy 1 Million damage by Anima's Oblivion. You will see around 10,000 until 99,999 damages on the screen.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Geobros

@Anti-Matter and @Dezzy

Thank you for your responses guys! I can't wait to start this game soon!!

Geobros

Cotillion

Playing FF X currently and it's my first 'modern' Final Fantasy beyond VIII.
I'm not very far into it yet. But, I have one big question - just how prevalent is Blitzball? I really dislike it. I want to be playing an RPG, out exploring and fighting monsters, not some lame and tedious underwater football game. I'm only in my first match I get to control and I'm already over it.
If it's a constantly forced thing, I may just drop the game entirely as I have no interest in Blitzball at all. If it's going to be completely optional from here on out, I'll keep going.

Cotillion

komodo182

@Cotillion
You don't have to play at all after the first tournament thing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Cotillion

@komodo182 Thank you for that good news. They had a whole tutorial and stat system set up for it, so I was worried it was going to be a constant thing.

Cotillion

komodo182

@Cotillion I didn't like it at first, but I started to enjoy it once I understood it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

RR529

Now that I've finished Katamari Damacy Reroll I've decided to jump back into FFX to try & get the Magus Sisters (already beat the main story awhile ago) before my copy of MUA3 arrives.

The last big hurdle that remains is capturing one of each monster on Mt. Gagazet (this includes the cave). I apparently have two monsters left to capture, but I can't think of what they could be.

So far I have...

Snowy Area:

• Bandersnatch (the area's variant of the small wolf-like enemies)
  • The area's variant of the armored dragon/dog type enemy
  • Grenade (the purple bombs)
  • The area's variant of that seed spitting plant
  • The black & purple yeti
  • That floating red enemy that uses thunder family magic.

Cave:

• Behemoth
  • Dark Flan (the giant black slime enemy)
  • Ochu (that huge plant)
  • The blue piranhas.
  • That big fish with the horns.
  • That underwater enemy that looks like it has wings.

I can't think of any other enemy types I've ran into in the area other than the two robot type enemies, but they can't be captured so I have to be missing something.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Anti-Matter

@RR529
Btw, before you want to get Magus Sisters, you must obtained ALL Aeons including Yojimbo and Anima or Belgemine inside Remiem Temple (place for Magus Sisters) will not challenging you in Aeon battle.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

RR529

@BruceCM, thanks, but I just managed to get the last couple before checking back in here.

Anyhow, I now have the Magus Sisters & have finished up my business with that green robed summoner (I also fought one of those special monsters in the Monster Arena. It was the one that unlocks after collecting all Gagazet monsters, and looks like a Behemoth, but is much more powerful).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Geobros

Cotillion wrote:

Playing FF X currently and it's my first 'modern' Final Fantasy beyond VIII.
I'm not very far into it yet. But, I have one big question - just how prevalent is Blitzball? I really dislike it. I want to be playing an RPG, out exploring and fighting monsters, not some lame and tedious underwater football game. I'm only in my first match I get to control and I'm already over it.
If it's a constantly forced thing, I may just drop the game entirely as I have no interest in Blitzball at all. If it's going to be completely optional from here on out, I'll keep going.

Yes, I had the same propblem too. I played about 20 hours of Blitzball (for upgrading Wakka Celestial Weapon) and when I got back to main game I forgot all my system battles I knew before. This is lame about how may hours you have to play for the 100% of the game. In FFX-2 blitzball is more fun as there an option to not watch the hole match, you can see the results directly with a 15-30 seconds speed up option.

Geobros

Geobros

Any advice for someone who just started Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age? I know that if you miss something important in FF Series you cannot go back. Advices for jobs too?? What I have to pay attention with job selection?

Geobros

BruceCM

Well, really, you can play with any jobs, @Geobros .... Generally, the girls are more suited to magic classes & guys melee. There's not much of importance you'd be likely to miss, if you thoroughly explore, which is generally a good idea

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Cotillion

@Geobros Holy crap, 20 hours of it? I'll write off even bothering going for 100% if Blitzball is required, let alone that much of it.

Cotillion

Geobros

Cotillion wrote:

@Geobros Holy crap, 20 hours of it? I'll write off even bothering going for 100% if Blitzball is required, let alone that much of it.

Maybe it was 15 hours. You will need 45 matches if you do it correctly. You can use the option of reset and you could do it with 25 matches I think. But this option will reset your stats too.

Geobros

Anti-Matter

@Geobros
FF XII TZA Switch and XBOX ONE version has Job Reset, unlike the PS4 version.
So, if you feel wrong with the licence board you choose, you can ask Montblanc (Moggle , the leader of Clan Centurio) to reset your licence board for FREE. Of course you must reallocate the LP you have accumulated to the other licence board you choose.

There are 12 different jobs on FF XII TZA, unlike the original FF XII on PS2. Their jobs represent 12 Zodiacs.They are :
1. Aries = White Mage (Rod)
2. Taurus = Uhlan (Spear)
3. Gemini = Machinist (Gun, Scales)
4. Cancer = Red Battle Mage (Mace)
5. Leo = Knight (1H Sword, 2H Sword)
6. Virgo = Monk (Pole)
7. Libra = Time Battle Mage (Crossbow)
8. Scorpio = Foebreaker (Hammer, Axe)
9. Sagittarius = Archer (Bow)
10. Capricorn = Black Mage (Staff)
11. Aquarius = Bushi / Samurai (Katana)
12. Pisces = Shikari / Ninja (Dagger)

Guys on FF XII better for tanker job while girls better in magic class. But once you get the first Esper Belias, you can choose the Second licence board (cost 30 LP). My suggestion :
1. Vaan = Knight (Can access some White Magic with Esper help on licence board) + Time Battle Mage
2. Balthier = Machinist + Melee job
3. Basch = Monk + Melee job
4. Ashe = White Mage + Monk
5. Fran = Archer + Black Mage
6. Penelo = Red Battle Mage + Melee job

Tips: NEVER EVER wandering around the map without any knowledge. There are some tough foes that can kill you quickly. You can use Libra to detect their level and try to avoid them if you still underleveled. For example, there is a Lv 30 T-Rex on the Eastern Dalmasca Desert with starter enemies (level 1 - 5), there are some Lv 25 Wolverine on the Giza Plain (Dry season) with low level enemies (level 2 - 10). Avoid Western Dalmasca Desert at the beginning since there are tough enemies with lv 10 at the lowest.

One more thing, prepare your dictionary (optional) whenever you found difficult English words since peoples on FF XII (especially from noble class) talked with very Difficult and Formal English words, like you read Shakespere novel.

Have fun. Happy playing. 😀

Anti-Matter

Geobros

@Anti-Matter

Haha!! Thanks a lot for your advice!! Specially for Shakespeare

Geobros

Cotillion

Well, now that I'm past the initial Blitzball snorefest and wandering to a new area, I'm quite enjoying myself. It's a pretty linear path thus far, but I'm enjoying the battles, Being able to swap out party members on the fly is great (first FF I've played with the ability to do this) and I don't have to worry about running into something and not having the best person in party to deal with it.
The sphere grid was a weird departure for me as well. I got the hang of it now and just learning everything along the paths...not sure if that's a good idea or not as I'm not sure how scarce these orbs are gonna be as I go.

Cotillion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic