Posts 321 to 340 of 1,221

komodo182

I can't get on the game this morning

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

komodo182

Got on now which is good

Daniel36

Man, I did a couple of quick daily events this morning and ALMOST unlocked two cars at once!
I unlocked the Jaguar F-Type SVR and am one card removed from the Exitic Rides W70. Both these cards were positively spammed on me in the B Class daily, which I managed to net 4 cards per race for! Unfortunately, I had to go to work, so I couldn't do more.

I am really on a roll right now. Too bad I haven't maxed out my Dodge Viper, that would get me into the Legend class. Ahh well, Platinum is fine for now.

Daniel36

bluedogrulez

@C-Chakra : Thanks, tried but no luck. Seems its an issue with the game per the Asphalt 9 Official board. I posted on there but the prior responses are "the devs are working on it". Driver 4590 for now....

Won a multiplayer race last night with my Lotus Evora after my much higher ranked Benz and and 911 were out of gas. Awesome bc I got rammed from behind right at the finish line but did not get knocked out (PHEW). Still do not understand how the car nerfing/balancing works in multiplayer . . . .

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Daniel36

Is there balancing though? Seems like better car means better results. Only times I beat better cars is when I am clearly a better racer than the other person.

Daniel36

Darknyht

@Daniel36 I think there is nerfing in career mode, mainly because until the last 60-80% there is some obvious rubber banding (CPU Camaro keeping pace with 3 Star Viper for example). There are a lot of races I goof off for the first 30% and then win by a large margin because my car dominates in the last 30%.

Not sure how it works in Multiplayer as it doesn’t seem as prevalent.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

bluedogrulez

@Darknyht: Interesting you say that about the last 30%. if my car is OP for the track, it seems the CPUs back way off for the last segment of the race (maybe that 30% you mention), even if I hit a wall on a turn, whereas, if I'm trying to scrape by with a car with just the minimum stats, any mistake at any time leads to 1 or more CPU cars whooshing by . . . .

komodo182

@bluedogrulez Agreed. If I am a few below the minimum is seems to make a big difference. But if I am a few above the minimum, I win by a landslide.

Darknyht

@bluedogrulez I first noticed it in a race where I basically wiped out most of the competition at the first turn in a vastly over classed car. Despite a large lead one car shot forward to bite at my heels or slightly pass me seconds later and during the rest of the race only to drop off in the last ~30%. The threshold seems that it is lower % on 30” and 60” races.

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

komodo182

Finally got that stupid shelby car so I can finish the D elite...

Daniel36

Oh yeah, the rubber banding is ridiculous in Career. I know. It's always the last 30%. You actually see the cars backing off if you hit a certain threshold. Unless your car's rank is bad, in which case they just bolt past you in the last 10%, no matter how well you race.

Except for Escape and Time Attack. I managed to escape with a car over 200 points below the needed rank.

Not that I care. Multiplayer is where the fun is at, Career is simply there to keep us occupied with getting new cars.

Daniel36

Darknyht

Unlocked the first of the two "Throw you a bone" A-Class cars this morning. At least I can start working through some of the career stuff that requires it, and perhaps after a second star it will be able to consistently get under the required times to earn some card packs. Also managed to unlock the D Class Porsche, so there is only the Shelby left for me to unlock there.

The refuel timer on A Class cars is showing that the second half of My Career will be a forced crawl. 4 hours for 5 races is pretty steep. Makes me wonder how bad the S-Class refuel timers will be.

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

komodo182

@Darknyht wait for 5 hours for 4 races

Daniel36

If I am not mistaken, the fuel tanks get bigger on upgrade and the timer also gets smaller... Not sure, but I seem to recall one of my cars refuelling faster later on. Or maybe it happens when your garage levels up... Not sure.

Daniel36

bluedogrulez

Daniel36 wrote:

I managed to escape with a car over 200 points below the needed rank.

That is quite an achievement! Escape courses can be so tedious!

Does anyone here spend tokens on card packs?

Edited on by bluedogrulez

bluedogrulez

@komodo182 Good for unlocking higher level cars? The few times I've done it, I've struck out (like 2 cards for a car that needs like 40 more for an unlock)....

komodo182

Finally made it to 1000 career flags

bluedogrulez

@komodo182 : I usually convert them to coins for upgrades or spend for the final few blue prints of cars I want to unlock or upgrade. But my highest car is only B ranked so wondering if packs are a better use of the tokens. AND CONGRATS ON 1000 flags. Woah!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic