Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,369

meleebrawler

@Spoony_Tech Giving mostly stuff that was already in the first game... even brand new weapons don't really compare to creating new characters from scratch.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Grumblevolcano

Lola Pop is coming mid-September.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThomGee

To add onto that, Lola Pop will arrive from September 11th to September 20th.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

-Green-

The three most played characters are Ninjara, Kid Cobra and Spring Man.
The three most successful are Twintelle, Ribbon Girl and Minmin.
Max Brass is apparently the least successful.

What a huge difference tbh.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

ThomGee

While they were talking about ARMS 3.0, I thought "I'd be amazed if they said it would be out today." AND THEN THEY SAID IT!

ThomGee

ThomGee

Okay, I played with Lola Pop for a bit, and here is my summary of her abilities:

1. Lola Pop inflates herself when guarding on the ground. When you dash out of a guard, you do a long quickstep similar to Kid Cobra's. When you jump out of a guard instead, you jump very high, also similar to Kid Cobra.
2. If you hold dash in the air, you inflate and do a fastfall similar to Ribbon Girl. When you hit the ground you do a little bounce off the ground, allowing you to deflate and do the fastfall again, letting you bounce over and over.
3. In addition, while doing your fastfall, you are invincible, basically giving you an air dodge.

So, just like Max Brass was very similar to Spring Man, Lola Pop is similar to Kid Cobra with a hint of Ribbon Girl. And I love it. Her ARMS are great, she's incredibly mobile yet great at defensive play, and she has a variety of ways to attack and move. She'll probably be my new main, or this is just the hype talking.

ThomGee

meleebrawler

@Nintendoer All I know for sure is that I want those reflector arms on Master Mummy. Does Lola's "invincible" fastfall stand up to grabs and flurries?

ThomGee

@meleebrawler I doubt it when it comes to flurries because after she falls she is vulnerable to damage, but yes, it blocks grabs.

ThomGee

meleebrawler

After an extensive session, here's my thoughts and analysis of Lola:

She easily has the most flexible blocks in the game, both in being able to move forward or backward while doing so on the ground and perform special movements out of it or her special fast-fall. In particular, the fast-fall upon landing appears to create a parry shockwave not unlike Barq's trampoline, which blocks both punches and grabs. If she is hit before touching down, she'll bounce back. I'd imagine that grabbing her out of it is possible, provided you avoid the landing parry.

Something else to note is that her special dash out of block is actually more of a really lateral jump; she's briefly considered airborne in the middle of it, which is easy to see if you throw a funchuck at that moment.

I liked her a lot. She's a master of counter-attacks with all sorts of ways to evade of deflect assaults, which can make her a force both defensively and offensively. Her only real downside is her throw damage being the standard 150.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Grumblevolcano

A new update is out now (3.1.0) which adds a new stage, Sparring Ring.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

meleebrawler

The Sparring Ring is actually the area used for warm-ups in Party Mode. It's very much this game's Final Destination, a completely ordinary square layout with zero environmental features. That said it is very small, making the map geared towards aggressive play. Nowhere to hide.

Spennymoor

Very interesting choice to add the warm up ring in. Looking forward to applying some spring man pressure in there

Spennymoor

Grumblevolcano

New update later this month. Seems to include an achievement system (think Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed) and something else at the end I can't tell what it is.

Grumblevolcano

MsJubilee

A new skin for Spring man or a new mode where it turns all the characters into some type of boss.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

-Green-

What if they were robots all along...

We can go all 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep' up in here.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

meleebrawler

Those arms... they look like Toasters, but with the outer layer removed to reveal the heat-generating mechanism inside... yikes. Sounds brutal. We already have "souped-up Toaster" in the Roasters, how will these try to one-up them?

JaxonH

I feel like playing Arms today. Idk why, it's just calling out to me... Yellow joycons and all.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JasmineDragon

@JaxonH I got back to ARMS today, too. Played a few matches vs. my spawn, got demolished. I've pretty much lost hope of being able to beat her consistently without constantly training, and I'm not going to give up all my other games just so I can git gud at ARMS.

Still a lot of fun to play, though. After we quit I played some more solo Grand Prix with Lola Pop and unlocked some new Arms. I love Lola, but I really need to work with her some more.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

JoyBoy

So I am very glad that they decided to implement customized controls. Normally I don’t care and even prefer the intended control scheme. And even though I got quite good at it, using shield was just a bit too much motion control with having to punch and dodge as well.

So how does your customization look like, granted you have any?
I’m in the thumps-up group. Which, since now you can customize, really is the way to play I think.
I kept most of it the same, but changed ZR(rush) to shield and put sensivity to 5.
I’ll keep tweaking it for some time.

Lola is awesome!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic