Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 3,493

OorWullie

@Daftbomb Since I'm able to filter friends on the leaderboard a screenshot is not required.

Anyone not on my friends list and taking part in the Ikaruga challenge,please send me a request so I can see your score

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

OorWullie

Absolutely love how you can download and watch friends replays. The whole Leaderboard system in this game is the best on Switch by a long shot. Leaderboards for different difficulty levels ,leaderboards for single stages,replays of every player' run.

We could have a high score challenge on just a single stage. Superb!

Not being able to video capture though is not good. I thought every new release comes with that feature now.Hopefully it'll be patched in soon.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

mauhlin12

@OorWullie Disney Afternoon Collection (why isn't it on Switch yet?) has a cool feature similar to Ikaruga where you can watch replays from the leaderboard of the Boss Rush and Time Attack modes. Where DAC goes a step further is you can play split screen and on the other screen is the video of the other player's run. So in essence you can "race" other players and look at their screen to see what their tactics were. I hope Sega does something like that for their Sega Ages collection.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Lroy

@mauhlin12 That feature of the DISNEY AFTERNOON COLLECTION sounds terrific. Not given up hope of that game coming to Switch from Capcom.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

GrailUK

@riccyjay Welcome mate. I'll add ya to friends if that's ok.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

OorWullie

@Lroy I've made ye an avatar If you don't like it no worries. I've got a few ,all same design but different shades. Here's 3 of them

SW-6101-8403-1640

Lroy

@OorWullie Ha! Ha! Nice. I like the middle one best - for the colours at the bottom - but will it fit the NL Avatar image size?

The third one with blue colour on my name is nice to. How do they look combined. Blue hue on name but colours underneath like middle one?

Edited on by Lroy

OorWullie

@Lroy Cropped them a little ,should be fine for avatar.If slightly off I can make it more squarish.

SW-6101-8403-1640

GrailUK

Coming to Switch apparently. Looks awesome!

Lroy

@OorWullie Excellent. So do I just save on the image preview then?

I'm going with the last one.

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

@OorWullie Cool, thanks again ๐Ÿ‘

Hasn't quite worked. Maybe you could squash the image slightly for me?

Edited on by Lroy

riccyjay

@OorWullie Single stage contests sound like a really good idea - if this game ever comes round again (so many options these days). Maybe on later stages? That way fewer people are likely to be familiar with them meaning everyone starts from a more level playing field. The whole game so far for me pretty much only consists of the first two stages and, now and then, a nose bleed inducing few seconds on stage three.

SW-4616-4310-4138

OorWullie

@riccyjay I was thinking we could maybe have a couple of extra open leaderboards for Ikaruga. I open these normally after the weejky challenge finishes. For Ikaruga we could the normal open leaderboard as well as a couple of single stage ones.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Zkibu

Just being curious, what controller are people using for Ikaruga? I can't decide between SFC 30 and joycons.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

OorWullie

@Zkibu I've been using both the Pro and SF-30 Pro. Haven't tried the Joy-con yet. Not sure which I prefer,SF-30 I think. I've not really got to grips with the game to make an informed decision

SW-6101-8403-1640

RetroGamerAndrew

@GrailUK @OorWullie
I played for more then a few hours on Steam a couple of years ago. I concede that the setting and the visual style are cool but controls are hit or miss at best: on pc at least, it played nothing like a proper twin-stick, you needed to actually press accelerate/brake buttons to move the ship, and it felt really uneasy. Honestly I don't know if I'd really recommend it... :-/

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

GrailUK

@RetroGamerAndrew Do you have to rotate like Asteroids? (I'm sold if that's the case!)

RetroGamerAndrew

IIRC yes, with the added complication that you can (and actually need to) jump to evade enemy bullets/missiles... if you like Asteroid control scheme maybe you'll like GalakZ, I just couldn't

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

DashKappei

17 people on my Friends Leaderboard for IKARUGA... proud of you guys :โ€™-)

Btw I can see 4 people above me, hopefully Iโ€™ll be able to get to
my past Dreamcast highscore (2.8M) which right now looks unlikely since I canโ€™t rank higher than B for Stage 1 and my best score is belove 1.5M lol

Anyway, just to kick things off:
Dash Kappei - IKARUGA - ALL - 1.370.000

(canโ€™t check the exact hiscore right now but itโ€™s super close to that)

Edited on by DashKappei

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic