Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 2,648

wasilewski

@mauhlin12 Thanks for the games man, I'm gonna have to head on now for a bit.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

wasilewski

@mauhlin12 keep practicing and you'll get them. Keep an eye on your next piece and try to work out where you're going to put it before it enters the matrix.

Learn how to t-spin to give yourself the best chance in 2 player matches. I just look for the general shape of where the T piece will fit and build up from there. Also, once you've got a T spin, or a Tetris, try to continue your combo - think where the next piece will go before it enters the matrix. Always be thinking one move ahead and use your preview window.

wasilewski

mauhlin12

@wasilewski Interesting tactic I've never tried the T spin. I should try that out for next time.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

mauhlin12

@wasilewski @SonOfVon thanks for the matches fellas. Too bad we couldn't get more players in the game but maybe next time we will. We had quite a few people express interest in Puyo Puyo Tetris but I guess the timing wasn't quite right. Hopefully we can get the two of you in the same match- would have been much more competitive than I was.

mauhlin12

NaviAndMii

Hey everyone! Just a quick post to let you all know that both Fortnite and Mario Tennis Aces have been added to our event rotation - so the new schedule that we've settled on (from 25 June) will be as follows:

WEEK 1: (beginning Monday 25 June)
Monday - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Tuesday - Puyo Puyo Tetris
Thursday - Super Bomberman R
Saturday - Fortnite

WEEK 2: (beginning Monday 2 July)
Monday - Rocket League
Tuesday - Street Fighter II: 30th Anniversary Collection
Thursday - Mario Tennis Aces
Saturday - Splatoon 2

...huge thanks to everyone for giving their feedback and helping to create this new 8 game rotation - should be a lot of fun! Hopefully see you all for a few games of something soon! Cheers!

Useful links:
🚀 Adult Switch Gamers Event Schedule (←thread detailing upcoming events!)
💬 Discord Server (←for in-game communication!)
🎮 Guilded Page (←community hub!)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Lroy

@mauhlin12 Apologies I missed the first PPT games night. Like I posted before (here or Discord, I forget). I'm pretty much MIA for the duration of the World Cup ☺️

Very doubtful I'll be on SF tonight either. Hopefully, you'll still get enough players to fill a lobby.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

mauhlin12

@wasilewski Yeah the problem is geography. If you're playing with someone close to your location the matches are fine. The music and sound fx stuttering are also mostly gone when the players are closer geographically. The audio in general in this game is too low for my taste. I wish there was a way to filter online opponents by their ping, but it's Capcom. Just last week we had 12 players in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe from both North America and Europe and there were no issues. Yet somehow Capcom can't handle a 2 player game. I didn't notice any lag when we played Tetris yesterday either. What gives, Capcom?

Edited on by mauhlin12

mauhlin12

wasilewski

@mauhlin12 yeah mate Tetris was perfect, even when I'm up against Japanese players it's all good.

The online mode of SF is awful for a 2018 game. It's like playing over dial up.

wasilewski

xNo1Hatedx

Im an adult gamer.. 24 male father of 1 soon to be 2

Friend code SW-0077-1180-9148

xNo1Hatedx

Switch Friend Code: SW-0077-1180-9148 | My Nintendo: xNo1Hatedx | Nintendo Network ID: xNo1Hatedx | Twitter:

Fisheh

Im a young adult (56) 😁 playing online games since quake world.
Had the switch from Santa and not played anything else since.
Into fps So Doom and now Fortnite are my main games, have zero friends on the switch so my friend code is :-
SW-0677-3646-2885

Fisheh

Fafounet

NaviAndMii wrote:

Hey everyone! Just a quick post to let you all know that both Fortnite and Mario Tennis Aces have been added to our event rotation - so the new schedule that we've settled on (from 25 June) will be as follows:

WEEK 1: (beginning Monday 25 June)
Monday - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Tuesday - Puyo Puyo Tetris
Thursday - Super Bomberman R
Saturday - Fortnite

WEEK 2: (beginning Monday 2 July)
Monday - Rocket League
Tuesday - Street Fighter II: 30th Anniversary Collection
Thursday - Mario Tennis Aces
Saturday - Splatoon 2

...huge thanks to everyone for giving their feedback and helping to create this new 8 game rotation - should be a lot of fun! Hopefully see you all for a few games of something soon! Cheers!

Useful links:
🚀 Adult Switch Gamers Event Schedule (←thread detailing upcoming events!)
💬 Discord Server (←for in-game communication!)
🎮 Guilded Page (←community hub!)

Good morning all!
So, as our dear friend @NaviAndMii mentioned above, our next event will be a Super Bomberman R gaming evening this Thursday. Now, I understand that a good part of our community is keen on the World Cup (I am one of them , therefore I would suggest to push our starting time to 9pm BST. Would it work for everyone?

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

xNo1Hatedx

andykara2003 wrote:

@xNo1Hatedx Added!

@Fisheh Also added - finally someone older than me!

Awesome ill be sure to accept requests when i jump on switch next! glad to have other adult ppl!

xNo1Hatedx

Switch Friend Code: SW-0077-1180-9148 | My Nintendo: xNo1Hatedx | Nintendo Network ID: xNo1Hatedx | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@andykara2003 Yeah, it's looking great! We're also thinking about introducing a 'Wildcard Wednesday' day to the schedule so that games that aren't in the above list (eg. ARMS, DOOM etc) also get a look in - so there should be even more variety going forward! ..should be a lot of fun!

@xNo1Hatedx @Fisheh Welcome! I'll look to add you both as soon as I can! Feel free to join us over on our community Discord Server (linked) - and for any of the events that take your fancy in the list above! Great to have you with us!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

xNo1Hatedx

@NaviAndMii awesome! Acceptee your friend request! Hope to get to play sometime! And ill be sure to check out the discord!

xNo1Hatedx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic