Forums

Topic: 2019 NES Titles

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

nocdaes

Switch Online's NES ports now total 29, with no announcements yet for what will arrive in 2019. However, we do have the list of games that were released on the NES Classic, and the 21 titles below are what remains:

ALL REGIONS

• Castlevania
  • Double Dragon II: The Revenge
  • Galaga
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Mega Man 2
  • Pac-Man
  • Super Contra
  • Super Mario Bros. 2[A]
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

NA/ PAL

• Bubble Bobble
  • Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Final Fantasy
  • Kid Icarus
  • Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
  • StarTropics

JAPAN

• Atlantis no Nazo
  • Downtown Nekketsu Kōshinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundōkai
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Tsuppari Ōzumō
  • Yie Ar Kung-Fu

Seems logical that Nintendo will use these titles, so that's 7 months worth of titles if they continue their "3 a month" release schedule.
Are there any other titles that you believe are big enough (not personal desires) to also be featured?
Do you think we're looking at a 7 month wait, minimum, before SNES games begin?
Do you think this is completely unrelated and they won't simply feature all of the Classic Edition games?

nocdaes

Magician

Honestly I'm not expecting SNES games until 2020.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Bevinator

Looking forward to SNES games now, sooner the better. NES isn’t my favourite I’ve got to be honest. I have enjoyed playing and replaying some of the NES games though.

From the above list pac man would be my most anticipated title.

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

EvilLucario

I don't think Mega Man is all too likely because the Legacy Collection already exists. Everything else is fair game, though.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

ilikeike

My biggest hope would be the complete Castlevania trilogy. It just seems odd to have the Belmonts as two of the biggest newcomers to Smash Ultimate without even a single one of their games on Switch. At the very least we've got Bloodstained Curse of the Moon, which does seem like a fantastic Castlevania in all but name.

But honestly I've hardly any interest in the NES online games, I'd prefer that they add SNES games as soon as possible. Maybe even other consoles, like Game Boy. Really, anything would be better than just NES games, which are mostly not very fun to play nowadays. Of course I doubt that Nintendo will actually do any of this, but I guess I can hope.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

MarioVillager92

Besides the rest of the games in the NES Classic, SMB Lost Levels (FDS) sounds like a possibility, since it previously came out on Virtual Console. Maybe not this month, but we'll see.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MarioVillager92

@ilikeike Yeah I definitely agree that they should put in Castlevania 1-3. SNES and even Game Boy games would certainly be appreciated. I would at the very least throw in SNES games, that console has games that are just too good to ignore.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

StuTwo

ilikeike wrote:

My biggest hope would be the complete Castlevania trilogy. It just seems odd to have the Belmonts as two of the biggest newcomers to Smash Ultimate without even a single one of their games on Switch. At the very least we've got Bloodstained Curse of the Moon, which does seem like a fantastic Castlevania in all but name.

Personally I'd rather see a Castlevania Legacy Collection like the Mega Man Legacy Collection - even if that means the games don't turn up in the online game collection. They're just such great games and it's a cohesive series on NES that I'd appreciate the extra work in the package - a boss rush mode, NES remix style challenges, a virtual museum of the games etc.

Dumping a ROM wouldn't do the games justice.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Kova

Just bring the SNES games already.

Kova

Don

Strange they haven’t announced the January lineup yet.

Don

Grumblevolcano

It seems pretty clear that the next batch will be an announcement in a Direct. How to make it interesting?

Well they could announce other Nintendo Switch Online stuff alongside it like a Switch OS update or have an exciting announcement after it like something related to Smash Ultimate.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

What are the chances they start giving away the old GB Pokemon games for free?

Who am I kidding, those are going to be $20 games with their own empty box and a download code...

Octane

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.