Forums

Topic: Wii 2 2012 says developer

Posts 1 to 20 of 29

CheifThunder

GoNintendo.com has an article about GDC,that a developer was told by ninty'wii 2 will roll out 2012'.(early 2012 i hope)
What games do you speculate will be at launch,at what is well into development.

console/wii speak:Cheif 1946-8010-7975-7566 *MarioKart:Cheif 1162-1932-4851
*COD Reflex:NWC-Cheif 2258-6973-0031 *Tatsunoko vs Capcom:CHEIF 1376-9439-0913
*The Conduit:NL]Cheif 0389-1238-5809 *SSBBrawl:CHEIF 4941-7979-0037

Cipher

If the successor to Wii launches in the first half of 2012, I'll be very surprised given the way things are at this point in time. I would much rather it launch in the second half of 2013, because I think that'll ensure Wii has a good a lifespan as it can get, though I can understand a launch in the second half of 2012 launch.

Also, I hardly think it's possible to speculate launch titles at this stage...

Acidfoxdyi831

i would expect the standard stuff
new mario kart, new smash
sometin in that range maybe

wii console # 8741 9414 5054 3092
Monster hunter tri: Acidf0xD

Magi

Then we'll only have a few months to play it before the whole world ends in December.

I'm still a bit skeptical, but sheesh it doesn't seem like the Wii has been out for 3 1/2 years already. How time flies...

Magi

Oregano

and what developer would this be? from what company at least?

.... because the majority of developers wouldn't know or care and the ones that would know at this point(people like Yuji Horii) probably wouldn't be blabbing it.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

the_shpydar

The same tidbit was mentioned by Cassamassina's recent GDC editorial on IGN. It would seem to make sense, but i expect whether we see a new gen in 2012 or 2013 will depend highly on the Wii's sales figures over the next 12 months (as well as what the other Big 2's plans are for the next gen). A Holiday/Q4 2012 release would make sense to me.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

CheifThunder

Magi wrote:

Then we'll only have a few months to play it before the whole world ends in December.

I'm still a bit skeptical, but sheesh it doesn't seem like the Wii has been out for 3 1/2 years already. How time flies...

the world wont end in 2012,but on another day,and if you research old texts,ita the end of corruption not the world destroyed.

CheifThunder

i wonder if ninty will have a higher spec console like that of ps4/720.

Outrunner

CheifThunder wrote:

the world wont end in 2012,but on another day,and if you research old texts,ita the end of corruption not the world destroyed.

“…of that day and hour no one knows, no, not the angels in Heaven, nor the Son, but the Father” (Mark 13:32).

Edited on by Outrunner

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

Chrono_Cross

CheifThunder wrote:

GoNintendo.com has an article about GDC,that a developer was told by ninty'wii 2 will roll out 2012'.(early 2012 i hope)

I hope not. I mean come on if the Wii doesn't get a Kirby, an F-zero, or even one Star Fox the console won't feel completed and will show how Nintendo is lazy. Especially if the "Wii 2" comes out at launch with the games we've been begging for.

But if I had to guess what games would come out at the Wii 2's launch, I'd have to say the new Zelda, some weird game that no one would come to expect, some Mario rip-off, and a lot of 3rd party games.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CheifThunder

Outrunner wrote:

CheifThunder wrote:

“…of that day and hour no one knows, no, not the angels in Heaven, nor the Son, but the Father” (Mark 13:32).

'Babylon the great has fallen'.(Revelation)

CheifThunder

Chrono+Cross wrote:

CheifThunder wrote:

I hope not. I mean come on if the Wii doesn't get a Kirby, an F-zero, or even one Star Fox the console won't feel completed and will show how Nintendo is lazy. Especially if the "Wii 2" comes out at launch with the games we've been begging for.

But if I had to guess what games would come out at the Wii 2's launch, I'd have to say the new Zelda, some weird game that no one would come to expect, some Mario rip-off, and a lot of 3rd party games.

it all depends between E3 this year and next somthings could get pushed to wii 2.

mnementh

I don't think we'll see the Wii's successor until 2015. Around this time, Sony and Microsoft will have their own successors as well. Nintendo will release many peripherals/add-ons, and new franchises and games, for the Wii until then.

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place a...

romulux

mnementh wrote:

I don't think we'll see the Wii's successor until 2015. Around this time, Sony and Microsoft will have their own successors as well. Nintendo will release many peripherals/add-ons, and new franchises and games, for the Wii until then.

what peripherals can nintendo release that they haven't already? the motion+ remote is still the cutting edge of what nintendo has to offer and i doubt we'll see better without a new system. even the current motion+ has yet to be utilized by many games, so i don't see peripherals like that maintaining the system for any stretch of time, let alone 5 entire years.
nintendo has stated clearly that it's software that's going to keep the wii afloat, and this year they're doing all they can to release what may be the best lineup of games they've ever had. what do they do next year, when mario, metroid, and zelda are all spent? based on the level of success 3rd parties have seen there's no way they'll carry the system 5 more years. hell, they couldn't do much to carry it over the 3 and half years we've had so far.
like it or not, the wii is losing momentum and the day is quickly coming when the system will have run its course. is there anything wrong with that? the reason sales are down is because nearly everyone who could potentially buy a wii has already bought one; time to move on to the next thing. nintendo has always released their systems with life cycle of roughly 5 years, which makes 2011/12 a logical time to expect a new one. nintendo could then release a system that will compete with or out compete the others in terms of power while further exploring motion control, all while still keeping their standard $250 price tag. sony and microsoft will still be stuck with their long term superconsoles, giving nintendo the advantage of one-upping them with a whole new console while they still struggle to catch up to the wii with 'sony move' and natal. sounds like a plan to me.

and i'm a businessman, i know what i'm talking about.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

wiiplayer26

Chrono+Cross wrote:

I hope not. I mean come on if the Wii doesn't get a Kirby, an F-zero, or even one Star Fox the console won't feel completed

Don't worry there is a Kirby game for the Wii already in development. It slated for a release this year. Here is the wikipedia link....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_(video_game)

Edited on by wiiplayer26

[19:46] wiiplayer26 joined the conversation
[19:47] PhoenixSage: It is teh twenty-sixth wii player. Howdy

"Defend the Underatted, when you know they have nothing wrong with them" Thats my motto.

My official theme song can be found in this video.

http://www.yout...

metakirbyknight

wiiplayer26 wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

I hope not. I mean come on if the Wii doesn't get a Kirby, an F-zero, or even one Star Fox the console won't feel completed

Don't worry there is a Kirby game for the Wii already in development. It slated for a release this year. Here is the wikipedia link....

It was also for 2007, 2008, and 2009.

Stalk me on my Twitter.
Proud Homebrewer.

TwilightV

wiiplayer26 wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

That game was originally planned for Gamecube... >:3

TwilightV

CheifThunder

romulux wrote:

mnementh wrote:

what peripherals can nintendo release that they haven't already? the motion+ remote is still the cutting edge of what nintendo has to offer and i doubt we'll see better without a new system. even the current motion+ has yet to be utilized by many games, so i don't see peripherals like that maintaining the system for any stretch of time, let alone 5 entire years.
nintendo has stated clearly that it's software that's going to keep the wii afloat, and this year they're doing all they can to release what may be the best lineup of games they've ever had. what do they do next year, when mario, metroid, and zelda are all spent? based on the level of success 3rd parties have seen there's no way they'll carry the system 5 more years. hell, they couldn't do much to carry it over the 3 and half years we've had so far.
like it or not, the wii is losing momentum and the day is quickly coming when the system will have run its course. is there anything wrong with that? the reason sales are down is because nearly everyone who could potentially buy a wii has already bought one; time to move on to the next thing. nintendo has always released their systems with life cycle of roughly 5 years, which makes 2011/12 a logical time to expect a new one. nintendo could then release a system that will compete with or out compete the others in terms of power while further exploring motion control, all while still keeping their standard $250 price tag. sony and microsoft will still be stuck with their long term superconsoles, giving nintendo the advantage of one-upping them with a whole new console while they still struggle to catch up to the wii with 'sony move' and natal. sounds like a plan to me.

and i'm a businessman, i know what i'm talking about.

I think a natural process for wii 2 would be a better nunchuck and wiimote,but i really like the Natal idea of face and voice recognition(not the use of hand control).
3D is a possibility depending on the games...
imagine voice n camera in a pokemon game where you are put into a game in a 3D game arena and your wiimote shows as a pokeball on screen with voice commands as control and orders.
You could even have a 3 second window to capture a victory or losing footage of yourself?.

ShinRPGGamer

CheifThunder wrote:

Magi wrote:

In that case. the american goverment will collapse and the so-called "terrorists" will win

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

Outrunner

CheifThunder wrote:

'Babylon the great has fallen'.(Revelation)

Yep but what about Rev 21:1? Or 2 Peter 3:10-12?
"But the day of the Lord shall come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

Edited on by Outrunner

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.