Forums

Topic: Switch Only Imputing 480 P

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

My switch is only imputing 480 P on my TV. I tried other things like my Roku player and they worked just fine in 1080 P. Can you please help me with my problem? Please note that it worked perfectly in the past and just is not working right now.

Edited on by Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

Fire Emblem Three Houses is my favorite game
Ashe is the best character in FE:3H
Waluigi For Smash
The game I want most on switch is a new WarioWare (Welp. we got that!)
My favorite movie is Toy Story 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

Snatcher

have you looked at the dock to see if theres anything wrong with it?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 4 golden!

WoomyNNYes

@LatsaSpege In the Switch's settings, go to TV Settings, you can choose the output resolution manually, or set it to auto. If your switch worked on that tv before, that's the first place I'd look.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

@WoomyNNYes It just automatically goes back to 480 P even when I click on 1080 P.

@Snatcher I have not. How can I check that?

Waluigi For Smash

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

WoomyNNYes

@LatsaSpege I have noticed that the options in the Switch TV Settings can change depending on the TV you plug the Switch into (in case you hooking the Switch up to a new/different TV). I think it's worth mentioning that I helped a someone the forum with a weird scenario, the Switch didn't work in all of the TV's HDMI ports. So, try using the other HDMI ports, if there's more than one.

If you've hooked the Switch up to that TV before, and you know it should work, reset your AC adapter (completely unplug AC adapter and dock for 30 seconds(directions link below)). I'd also try a different HDMI cable, just in case something is wrong there. Also, make sure your Switch is current with updates. If you end up contacting Nintendo, they will definitely ask if you're Switch is updated. If any of this sounds irrelevant, or dumb, we just want to rule out everything we can to avoid sending something in for repair, or needing to buy a new dock.

I couldn't find a page with a problem matching your issue. I'm going to paste two support pages. Their descriptions don't match your problem, but they do address display problems, so give them a try. Forgive me if the second link is redundant.

TV image issues (note this page mentions some TVs are not compatible with the Switch)
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a...

Console Has Black Screen (AC adapter reset directions)
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a...

Nintendo Support Contact page (if needed)
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/contact

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

I was playing Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 and than went to handheld mode and switched the Switches TV out put to 1080 P docked it again, it was still 480 P. I just continued playing and just when I was about to accept defeat, I put my Switch into sleep mode and when I powered it back on, it worked. It went back up to 1080 P and I was shocked.

Waluigi For Smash

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic