Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing Error Code 2618-0513 Issues

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

ksluna

Ok I'm at my wits end trying to get this resolved. I don't even play this game but my GF has been complaining that no one can visit her island but she can visit everyone elses. I actually feel sorry for her since she's been putting so much time into her island and literally I'm the only one who's seen it and I don't even play the switch, meanwhile her and her friends all have "parties" and they all visit each others islands to hangout. She's been playing sine the game came out and none of our friends have been able to visit her island.

She is getting the above error and I've looked at so many solutions on how to do it I'm running out of options.

I also want to mention I don't know networking too well so this stuff is kind of another language to me. We live in an apartment where our ISP is Mereo but we were in charge of getting our own router. I'm assuming that this has something to do with it. Does this mean that my complex has a modem that controls the ISP and our router simply connects to that modem?

I can post my router settings here but I'm not sure if that's safe, if someone can advise please do.

At a high level on the switch settings:

• I'm connected via ethernet directly to my router
  • Nat Type is B
  • Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.000
  • Gateway: 192.168.086.001

Wifi settings:

• Device mode: NAT (vs the other option, Bridge)
  • Picture of my Port Forwarding settings(https://imgur.com/a/GchmcT1)

I also followed these steps and it keeps getting the same error. It is not my internet speeds. My internet is plenty fast. I can only assume it has to do with some type of security setting.

If anyone has Google Nest that could help walk me through these steps, you would save me a lot of headache and make my GF very happy

ksluna

WoomyNNYes

@ksluna That's puzzling. This is just a guess, but does your gf's switch have parental controls enabled? "Communication with others" must be enabled. If she hasn't turned on parental controls, then disregard. (since "gateway" = IP address, probably not good to post that, I could be wrong.) If your gf has played other online games, I would think you an rule out router/connection type stuff.

Error code 2618-0513 (you can search nintendo support for error codes 😉)
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a...

I found this Animal Crossing topic in support, for the sake of troubleshooting:
How to start Local or Online Multiplayer (ACNH)
(This addresses how to open your island to receive visitors on your island)
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a...

And, Nintendo's support line is actually really good (and fairly quick to get a person on the line). They also have a chat messenger on the site. They are open: 6am-7pm Pacific.
1(800)-255-3700
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/contact

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ksluna

I have played Super Smash Bros online with my friends countless times on it, and she can visit other people's islands no problem. This error ONLY occurs if ANYONE tries to visit her island. I think she was on the verge of tears from straight up frustration last night because all of her friends tried to go to her island and they all got the same error.

I've looked at the first link you sent but maybe I just might contact Nintendo's support line directly. It's actually absurd how annoying this issue is.

ksluna

WoomyNNYes

@ksluna Yeah, I've had very positive results when I've called Nintendo. It helps to have Nintendo's support site open when you call, in case they want to point you to a specific page of directions - makes troubleshooting quick & smooth.

Let us know if & how you solve it, in case anyone else runs into this I bet there's just one little sticking point getting in the way there.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic