Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,295

XandertheWise

i just got back into playing around in Pokemon Sapphire which last time i played it was like a few years ago.

I still have eggs to hatch and now i just started to breed Sceptile with a ditto.

and some of my pokey have the pokerus even some of my oshowatt hatchlings have the pokerus which is weird. Didnt know eggs could catch the pokerus

XandertheWise

Anti-Matter

PS2 games:

DDR MAX 2 USA
The Sims Bustin' Out

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Ys Origin (Switch) - I'm about halfway through the third and final route. Darm Tower is still more or less the same. Like the other two routes, some of the bosses are shuffled around and some different story beats occur. No spoilers, but this "canon" route certainly plays very differently to the other two.

Paper Mario: The Origami King - Definitely an intriguing Paper Mario title. Like Color Splash, the game world is vibrant with a functional plot and some great dialogue. I'm not too sure how I feel about combat just yet; the puzzle aspects are fun but become kinda same-y after a bit. I've heard the boss fights are more than worth it. I think I'm getting close to unraveling the first streamer and just freed Toad Town.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town PS4

Still working my butt to collect required items for Spirit Request galore.

Anti-Matter

StarPoint

I started up Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster on PC, and I've played about 3 hours of it so far. I modded the game to give it chunky pixel text, and it looks way better as a result. So far, I've been having a lot of fun with this game.

I generally dislike JRPGs; in fact, I'd say it's easily one of my least favorite genres out there. This is mainly due to pacing issues and clunky battles. However, VI's inclusion of an auto battler and the ability to speed up battles is an absolute game changer for me. I've actually found enjoyment in grinding levels in the overworld, which has never happened to me before. I've found myself somewhat invested in the story and characters, even so early on. The artwork is incredible and gives the locations a lot of atmosphere. And the soundtrack is honestly beyond words. "Kids Run Through the City" is one of the greatest pieces of music I've heard in quite a while.

Hopefully, the game keeps up its momentum and just gets better from here. It's a really long game, and I'm unsure if I'll stick with it all the way or I'll fall off after a while like I tend to do with these games. But that remains to be seen. My initial impressions are really good, though!

Edited on by StarPoint

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

RR529

God of War: Ragnarok (PS5) - Not really sure how far into it I am, currently exploring the Lake of Nine looking for the Norns, though I've taken some time off to take out these encampments of wolf eating raiders that are in the area. Atreus is in Asgard and just finished looking for a mask piece with Thor, though it's fun. Very much more of the same compared to the 2018 game, but that's not a bad thing.

Red Ninja: End of Honor ("PS2") - I've always wanted to play this when I was younger, so I've managed to set things up so I can finally play it. It's actually pretty terrible (thanks to gross mechanic incompetence & that crappy camera), but weirdly I find myself wanting to push through it. Not sure if I'll succeed as the first boss almost had me throwing my controller in rage so I don't know how I'll fare with the later ones (these older games can be weird with inconsistent difficulty though, so maybe they were the worst of it, I hope), but I'll try.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Anti-Matter

Currently in mission of collecting a lot of gems for Spirit Request.
Still some requests to do before I can get married and play relax.

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

Why did someone think it was a good idea to put boss battles in part time ufo?!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Xyphon22

Started Danganronpa 2 recently. I just got to where the first person was killed but haven't started the investigation yet. I am quite confused about the story and how it connects to the first game but also quite intrigued on how it is going to. I believe it has to connect somehow, but I don't know how especially after the first victim. I'm also not sure about the new set of classmates because they seem a little too similar to the first game, but I'm sure they will grow on me.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Anti-Matter

Currently in mission to get 1 Alpaca Wool+ and 1 Brown Alpaca Wool+.
Those items are nearly impossible to get even I have raised the Alpacas heart level and happiness to level 10.
They still gave me multiple normal Alpaca Wools, not the Alpaca Wool+. 😩
The NRG of getting Plus products were killing me.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

StarPoint

I’m currently just starting the third case of Miles Edgeworth: Investigations on the DS Lite. So far, I think the game is… okay. I’ll start off with what I like:

The investigations feel much more fleshed out than in the original trilogy, and being able to physically walk around the crime scene is very cool. Some of the music absolutely kicks, with Lying Coldly being one of my new favorite songs in the series. It’s also just really cool to see some returning characters after the events of Trials and Tribulations.

Onto the stuff I don’t like, though:

The writing feels really, really weird. Every character feels like a husk of who they are and what their personalities were like in the trilogy. Edgeworth came from being an intelligent, serious, and calculating man to just being smart and boring. Von Karma’s over-the-top personality is greatly held back, and Gumshoe has the same problem. I’m a little disappointed that this game didn’t take a little more time to characterize them a bit more and make them feel genuine. So far, I’ve only played two cases, but both of them have been very predictable. Hopefully it picks up a bit more later on, though.

I knew going into this game that it’s considered to be the worst in the series, and after playing a few hours, I can see why. I still don’t think the game is bad, it just doesn’t nearly hold a candle to any of the mainline games so far. I’ve heard that the sequel is supposed to be wayyyy better, though, so I’m looking forward to playing that.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Tyranexx

Paper Mario: The Origami King - Working my way towards the third streamer. Great writing, world, and decent characters so far; one section even hit me in the feels a bit. Combat is a slight improvement over Color Splash, but it still gets repetitive fast. At least boss battles are reasonably challenging and turn the mechanics on their head. It's telling when I flee combat as much as possible to conserve items. 😅

Mole Mania (3DS VC) - An underrated puzzle gem created by Shigeru Miyamoto for the humble Game Boy. Monty Mole has to dig, break, cabbage, and stealth his way to rescuing his family from the cruel Jinbe and his lackeys. I've been playing this when I need a break from the former.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

I've been playing Kirby: Planet Robobot, and I made it halfway through the third world. It's so good, and might even be one of the best Kirby games out there. The big mechs you can pilot throughout the levels are insanely awesome to use, too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Fizza

Continuing on my Legacy Collection crusade, I started Mega Man 1 earlier on, taking down Cut, Guts and Bomb Man and uh....yep....that certainly is Mega Man 1.

I expected pain, I got pain, someone save me from this hell.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Takoda

Doing random bouts of Picross S (I finally understand what's addicting about it) on my switch, daily challenges on pokkén tournament when I feel like it. Besides that I'm playing Outer Wilds and Hitman 3 on steam, but I have a LOT of indies waiting for me on switch like spiritfarer, jack move, axiom verge... I've been in a one piece gaming mood too so Unlimited World Red and Pirate Warriors 4 might get some love too. All of the choices, with persona 3, 4 and fire emblem on the horizon... oof.

Anyway, 2 missions left before Hitman 3's story is done, and Outer Wilds is quite engrossing even if it's better suited to shorter sessions because of the feeling of repetition settling in with time loops.

Edited on by Takoda

I keep buying fighting games for some reason, even though I barely got anyone to play against.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7519-0735-1595

kkslider5552000

I started playing Yooka Laylee, finally. I'm glad I took my time playing this, long enough that I know that both the game isn't amazing and also that the 2d follow up was awesome so it isn't that the old Rare people stopped being good at making games.

So far its alright, but it does really showcase why the Banjo games worked, when what changes they made to the formula seems to have often made it obviously worse (the apparent tallon trot replacement being the most obvious example of this).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LinkxPeach

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition- I’m on chapter 7 on Cyber Sleuth.
Octopath Traveler- I’m on Ophelia’s Chapter 3.
The Last Story- I’m on chapter 34.
Pokémon Ultra Sun- I don’t have any Z-crystals yet.

Nintendo 3DS’s friend code:
4012-5835-9928

Nintendo Switch’s friend code:
SW-0178-5632-1227

https://lxpgaming.blog/

Xyphon22

I finished the first trial in Danganronpa 2, and man, this game goes right for the jugular from the beginning, doesn't it? I assumed the first case would just be an easy tutorial-like trial where the blackened was obvious like it was in the first game, but nope! There have already been so many twists. And I've played a little farther and found the ancient ruin, and they are just throwing all kinds of stuff at you and it's still super early in the game. I'm really looking forward to how this story plays out. I just hope I can get through it before it gets taken off of Gamepass, as I saw the first game got removed this month (fortunately I beat it just in time).

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

NintendoByNature

FE Engage, Chained echoes still, tiny bit of halo, and a tiny bit of infernax.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@Xyphon22 DR2 was a gigantic step up from the first game in most respects. Great cast, expansive worldbuilding, some tremendous late-game twists, and consistently memorable trials. Like a lot of people, I didn't really become a fan of the series until I completed the sequel.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic