Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,801 to 3,820 of 12,219

LzWinky

Smash does not have too many Fire Emblem characters

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Whydoievenbother

@Dave24 But immediately after those games, the formulas were changed. For instance:

Final Fantasy X sold well, but then (I'm not going to bring up XI because that was in development at the same time as X) X-2 came along 2 years later and gone was the Turn-based JRPG, and in 3 years FFXII came out and gone was JRPG combat altogether.

Resident Evil 4 was the worlds best-selling Horror game on release, but 3 years later, Horror was thrown out for Co-op Shooter gameplay.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

@LztheQuack: Said the guy with a Fire Emblem avatar. jk. The problem for me is that they aren't that different from another. We've got:
A sword-wielder
Another sword-wielder who plays almost exactly the same
A similar sword-wielder with a flame sword
A slow but strong sword-wielder
A mage who uses a lightning sword sometimes
A sword-wielder that turns into a dragon

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

GrizzlyArctos

@MrMario02: To be fair, Robin and Corrin have completely different movesets to Marth/Roy/Ike/Lucina, so at least they actually play differently

Yes, I like bears.

jump

MrMario02 wrote:

But immediately after those games, the formulas were changed. For instance:

Final Fantasy X sold well, but then (I'm not going to bring up XI because that was in development at the same time as X) X-2 came along 2 years later and gone was the Turn-based JRPG, and in 3 years FFXII came out and gone was JRPG combat altogether.

Resident Evil 4 was the worlds best-selling Horror game on release, but 3 years later, Horror was thrown out for Co-op Shooter gameplay.

Thing is tho when RE4 came out RE wasn't on great legs and it was the inclusion of action elements that gave te series new life. I completely agree it's gone too far in the action genre but a return to the awkward controls and camera of survival horror of old wouldn't do it any good either.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

UckerzBadderz

I hate most Nintendo fans. Despite the fact that Sony and Microsoft are known for the 8 year olds who scour the YouTube comments to start unnecessary arguments about which console is "better", Nintendo fans act as though they're smarter than most people because of their gaming preferences. I always seem to come across a Nintendo fan that will talk about how Wii U is the only way to go and any other platform is laughable. I was also going to buy Splatoon but the way people talk about it as though it is the holy grail of video games and if anyone argues their point they're a 10 year old screaming down their mics at Halo. Now I just can't bring myself to buy it, and I don't even know why. It hurts me inside and I hate these people. Help me.

Xavier (UckerzBadderz)

Nintendo Network ID: UckerzBadderz

shaneoh

UckerzBadderz wrote:

I always seem to come across a Nintendo fan that will talk about how Wii U is the only way to go and any other platform is laughable.

You'll find that a few PC gamers say that the best console to complement their PCs is a Wii U. We have the master race on our side >

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Whydoievenbother

Why aren't there more Superheroes in games? I can only name 5 superheroes from games:
1. Cole Macgrath (If you played through inFAMOUS the heroic way)
2. Delsin Rowe (Ditto Cole Macgrath)
3. Viewtiful Joe
4. Claire from Thomas Was Alone (she self-identified as a superhero so it counts)
5. Captain Qwark

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

veeflames

@DarthNocturnal: Then you're assuming Captain Falcon as a whole is a superhero... but he's really just a racer. Unless you consider the anime series, but I'm not going to.
And I'm a bit curious.. why exactly do you consider the Falcon Punch a superpower? Because of the flame bird that surrounds his hand? Pretty sure that's just a flashy effect.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

GrizzlyArctos

@MrMario02: Wonderful 101. Over a hundred in one game.
Also, a lot of characters could be considered superheroes in their own right, considering their actions and powers.

Yes, I like bears.

Dave24

I guess someone never heard of games based on DC/Marvel comics.

Dave24

Shinion

@UckerzBadderz: you could turn that around to any game console/company by just replacing the game you mentioned with another. For example, Bloodborne. If I had a penny for every comment I've read acclaiming that on the Internet, I'd have many, many pennies. Same with Undertale. All of those games deserve the acclaim they have received, at least in my opinion, as they are a credit to the industry. However, the most extreme types of these people you mention are an embarrassment to themselves and give so-called 'gamers' a bad name. All you have to do is go to the thread here titled '2016 in gaming' or something like that, and there's some guy who (it seems) gains some sort of vindication out of Sony selling PS4s at the rate that they are, and even worse is actively hoping that the NX fails or something like that, and putting such a comment on a Nintendo fan site of all things. It's hard to imagine the pitiful existence these people live, I personally have gone beyond the point of feeling sorry for them. However, they shouldn't affect you that much that you can't buy a game as a result. Splatoon is high quality, a ton of fun and has a friendly and passionate community, the so-called 'fanboys' (bleh I had to say it even though I detest that word) are a minority, thankfully.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Dave24

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Dave24 wrote:

I guess someone never heard of games based on DC/Marvel comics.

I think he means original characters.

Even if we will take that route (although, still to some degree dc/marvel are still original), there are many, like Raiden (cyborg ninja), Bayonetta, Dante, Ryu Hayabusa, just to name a few - by going with comic books standards, they are superheroes, because they have powers that they use for good, even though that's not required (Batman, Green Arrow).

Dave24

veeflames

@DarthNocturnal: Ah, I see. Yeah, superheroes don't need some name and their underpants outside to be called superheroes.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Whydoievenbother

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@MrMario02

1: That's a question, not an unpopular opinion.

2: Since when does not having an alter ego and / or fancy name and not wearing your underwear on the outside NOT make one a superhero? Many characters in Smash could be considered superheroes. (If you don't consider the Falcon Punch a superpower... I can't help you).

Let's apply that to other characters, shall we?
People who are superheroes by that definition:
The Jedi Order
The Transformers
The Toa from Bionicle (Look it up)
Conan
Hercules
Harry Potter
Peter Pan
Doctor Who
The Master Builders from The LEGO Movie
Katniss Everdeen (because bow)

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

UckerzBadderz

@DarthNocturnal That's what I meant of course, if I didn't like Nintendo fans, why would I be on this forum?! But thanks for clearing it up.

@shaneoh I find anyone who says "PC and Wii U this generation!!!!11!!!!" just as annoying. I hate the PC "master race" as well.

@TheLastLugia I understand that, but the thing that bugs me most about the Wii U people is they think they're privileged because they get such games as Splatoon. I understand that it is a high quality game but I'm much happier sticking with CoD.
If I had said that as a reply to one of these "holy" gamers, I would've got a 12-paragraph essay in response talking about how I'm an idiot, anti-gamer etc. I just can't deal with these people.

Xavier (UckerzBadderz)

Nintendo Network ID: UckerzBadderz

Shinion

@UckerzBadderz: again your opinion is valid, though I do not necessarily agree with it. Those games you mention that Nintendo fans generally dislike have a stigma for several reasons, and it's not just Nintendo fans that have grown to dislike COD. Look at the metacritic for Black Ops III, look at the dislike counter on IGN's (obviously) glowing review of it, people in general are tired of COD, even people like me who own both and Xbox One and PS4, I was done with the series years ago, and nothing to do with Splatoon.

People who detest COD players are obviously no better, and I agree with you that they're not worth anyone's time, but again COD players have generally earned the stigma they have. Did you catch the reaction to Splatoon winning shooter of the year at this year's Game Awards? If you didn't, I'll tell you it wasn't pretty, particularly from COD fans. "Splatoon? How can some kids game not even on a serious console that no one cares about beat COD and Halo 5?", "These awards must have been decided by 12 year old Japense girls" were just a couple of comments I read.

Though if you're happy to stick with COD, then I suppose there's no more debate to be had really. Though I think you really should just get over your problem you have with these few Nintendo zealots, the worse way they're going to affect you is the way they are doing now, I'm sure if you play Splatoon you'll find there's no problems.

Shinion

Whydoievenbother

Can people stop getting so upset when a game they like gets a less than perfect review score? It's just stupid. Just because a critic gave a game you like an 8 out of 10 or less that doesn't mean the game is awful. And even if the critic said the game is awful, their opinion shouldn't get to you.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Freeon-Leon

@WaveBoy: Agree! DKC is not a bad game, but it's not that great either. Its level design is decent and its controls are not that tight. The visuals have aged poorly, although I can imagine how good it looked back in the early 90s. The OST is very enjoyable tough.

I have yet to play DKC2!

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Freeon-Leon

Ok, here's my unpopular opinion:

Though I like both, the main theme from SM4SH is better than Brawl's main theme. Uematsu's work is amazing but I felt it was a little too dramatic for what Smash is supposed to be, the new one fits better overall.

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic