Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,181 to 3,200 of 12,088

DekuOnion

Brawl is my favorite Smash too. Something about Smash 4 feels off. I can't explain what, but the whole aesthetic of it feels kind of cheap. The main single player mode in Smash 4 Wii U is also the worst in the entire series.

Currently Playing: SMITE, ROTTR, Halo 5: Guardians (XB1), Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 (3DS)

Rexcalibr

Not sure where else to put this but I find the design for Candy Kong kind of disturbing, fetishy and inappropriate.

Rexcalibr

Socar

@Tubalcain: Of course you don't. After all, you even object my opinions despite it being my opinions. Like SEGA should go bankrupt, Youtube let's players and reviewers are worse than those that actually work professionally on youtube and worst of all, you can't even admit that Nintendo was ahead of time!

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

arronishere wrote:

There's a difference between debating opinions/hyperbole and freedom of speech especially on a forum.

There's also a difference between nonsense and a defensible opinion. "Sega needs to go bankrupt because I read that they made a game that some people didn't like and I'm super emotional about this" is not defensible.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

@Tubalcain: @SpookyMeths: There's nothing wrong whether you object my opinions or not. The issue is that you mock at me for even making those kind of opinions in the first place.

If I make an unpopular opinion that Sony and Microsoft aren't going to last long in the gaming industry or say something like SEGA is the worst game developer ever and is stuck in the 90's like every company out there, you guys would instead of objecting to my opinions, mock at me. That is one thing I don't like about.

That's like saying that Shigeru Miyamoto should retire now because of his opinions in how he feels games have to be instead of objecting to his opinions. Should he like quit because of Sticker Star's story being absent? No. Should he quit if he wants Zelda games to be linear? No. And while I do agree that he has done enough for Nintendo, you cannot deny the respect that he has with not just the entire game industry but with Nintendo fans also. So we have to encourage him as long as he wants to work with Nintendo to see the best out of him instead of seeing the last out of him.

As for SEGA going bankrupt, I still feel that they need to because they can't even work hard to satisfy their own community. I'd rather see them just leave the console market and just focus on Arcades like how they intend to do so.

Edited on by Socar

AlliMeadow

Artwark wrote:

@Tubalcain: @SpookyMeths: There's nothing wrong whether you object my opinions or not. The issue is that you mock at me for even making those kind of opinions in the first place.

If I make an unpopular opinion that Sony and Microsoft aren't going to last long in the gaming industry or say something like SEGA is the worst game developer ever and is stuck in the 90's like every company out there, you guys would instead of objecting to my opinions, mock at me. That is one thing I don't like about.

That's like saying that Shigeru Miyamoto should retire now because of his opinions in how he feels games have to be instead of objecting to his opinions. Should he like quit because of Sticker Star's story being absent? No. Should he quit if he wants Zelda games to be linear? No. And while I do agree that he has done enough for Nintendo, you cannot deny the respect that he has with not just the entire game industry but with Nintendo fans also. So we have to encourage him as long as he wants to work with Nintendo to see the best out of him instead of seeing the last out of him.

As for SEGA going bankrupt, I still feel that they need to because they can't even work hard to satisfy their own community. I'd rather see them just leave the console market and just focus on Arcades like how they intend to do so.

Did you just compare yourself to Miyamoto? Also your post comes across as hypocritical. You think it is okay to wish a company into bankruptcy, effectively costing hundreds of people their jobs, but wishing one man out of work is to disrespect that man?

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Socar

@AlliMeadow: Employees are being told what to do and while they do have a huge importance, none of that really matters if they know that their talent is meaningless if they can't even satisfy the ones who are looking forward to their products and that's all because of SEGA's ridiculous time schedules. If SEGA goes bankrupt, they can focus on going to other companies who value talented employees thus satisfying the employees themselves.

And that's what I love about Miyamoto-San because he motivates the young generation of employess to lead his creations to the next level in their own perspective.

AlliMeadow

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Artwark wrote:

@AlliMeadow: Employees are being told what to do and while they do have a huge importance, none of that really matters if they know that their talent is meaningless if they can't even satisfy the ones who are looking forward to their products and that's all because of SEGA's ridiculous time schedules. If SEGA goes bankrupt, they can focus on going to other companies who value talented employees thus satisfying the employees themselves.

And that's what I love about Miyamoto-San because he motivates the young generation of employess to lead his creations to the next level in their own perspective.

I don't think it's NEARLY as simple as "my employer went bankrupt. Oh well, time to head across the street to the next guy!"

Not only that, but if the employees has that sort of integrity, they will most likely be seeking other job opportunities. Why take away their income just to force them to work for others or do projects on their own? If they want to do that, they will when an opportunity arises, or they will make their own opportunities. I find your opinion very peculiar, because I can understand wishing one person out of a job, because you object to their ethics, principals and integrity. But wishing for a whole company to go out of business? That is an entirely different story, although easier to wish for, because there is only a brand connected to it, not the faces and names of all the people actually affected.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Whydoievenbother

Artwark wrote:

DO you have the slightest clue how lucky most of these people are to have a job in this industry??? Most of the time, if a person loses their job in video games, that's it for them. No more work in video games for them. And I don't want to hear "Oh, but Keiji Inafune and Koiji Igarashi are still in video games!". Not every video game developer is Keiji Inafune or Koiji Igarashi.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

@MrMario02: In which case they do part time jobs while making games at the same time. Ever heard of Indie Developers? The ones that get a lot of praise despite their games not really being that much innovative as the main companies do for the most part atleast?

Masahiro Sakurai left Hal because of Hal treating him badly in the sense that he was literally forced into making more Kirby games. And now look where he is now. And the fact that he gets a lot of praise even.

Tubalcain

Hmmmmm this thread is a one big dejavu

Tubalcain

LaserdiscGal

Tubalcain wrote:

Hmmmmm this thread is a one big dejavu

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

kyuubikid213

@SpookyMeths: HAHA! Thanks for these! I'm currently writing a paper/doing speeches on this very topic for my Social Advocacy and Ethical Life class and I was stuck for a bit.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Freeon-Leon

Artwark wrote:

Masahiro Sakurai left Hal because of Hal treating him badly in the sense that he was literally forced into making more Kirby games. And now look where he is now. And the fact that he gets a lot of praise even.

Not everyone are Sakurai, heck, not even game designers. How is a music composer supposed to create a new indie studio just like that? I don't think it's as easy as you say.

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Zizzy

I'm tired of seeing Zelda remakes.

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

LzWinky

People complain too much about trivial things.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic