Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 541 to 560 of 2,400

retired_account

@Firkraag: That's a weiiiiiiiird pic. Well, I applied an antialias filter and surgically played with a couple places... how's this?

Untitled

retired_account

StarBoy91

I do like your avatar, irken004. Those angry, red eyes really give off a menacing feel. I love subtle details like that.

To each their own

Firkraag

@pixelman awesome, thanks once again The aliasing did wonders to it!

Question, would also it be possible to have the same improvement on aliasing and outline upon the .gif itself while saving the transparency in a gif format? For websites that allows transparent gifs but does a terrible thing to the outline. Example: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=71399 Or is this a flaw within the transparent gifs themselves?

Edited on by Firkraag

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

irken004

StarBoy91 wrote:

I do like your avatar, irken004. Those angry, red eyes really give off a menacing feel. I love subtle details like that.

That was the idea

retired_account

@Firkraag: Ehh, sorry, no. GIF doesn't support antialiasing/semi-transparency. It'd work with PNGs though.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Firkraag

So .PNG support transparency for forums and such? If so, could you try and make one exactly like the one you did before which would work well on dark(or most) backgrounds like the one in my example? Whenever you're not busy of course.

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

retired_account

I can try sometime, though it'd be a bit tricky since the shading will have to be all done manually. (for some reason Gimp won't antialias surfaces over transparency.)

retired_account

Firkraag

Right, no rush. Just happy you'll even consider it

retired_account

Pixels, now in Chicken variety.

Untitled

This is for Brutus, if he wants it.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

StarBoy91

Depends on if he's in the mood. Currently, there's that Chicken is Revealed! topic, which I think is a very bad idea. Good pixelart, though, pm.

To each their own

retired_account

Well Corbie, in all honesty, the shadow technique stinks for this particular avi. Prosody said it should have a hellish background, so this is what I came up with.

Untitled

Also, I made the hand better and added a tad more padding. Cheers.

retired_account

StarBoy91

I knew that art style looked familiar when I saw Corbie's 8-bit pixel avatar today. Nice!

To each their own

cheetahman91

Pixelman, you are truly amazing at what you do.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Noire

Hay look, another thread to show my new pixelman avatar off in, in case you're one of the three people who hasn't seen it.

Untitled

Jenna blah blah 8-bit blah blah blah NES FF-inspired yada yada yada. Now tell me how beautiful it is!

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

retired_account

It's the most beautifulest thing I've ever seen ever. And no I'm not biased.

retired_account

Noire

pixelman wrote:

It's the most beautifulest thing I've ever seen ever. And no I'm not biased.

I concur. Also, I am not at all biased either.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.