Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 13,521 to 13,540 of 14,348

sugarpixel

@Discostew I use Colors! 3D, which I will have you know is a super awesome amazing drawing app! It's the best thing ever in my opinion! I like making the hair look like hair!

@Morpheel

Aha! I noticed the book thing, too!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Aqueous

@Gioku - The fact your using Colors 3D! is impressive in itself. (Can't stand the interface).
I like the hair trick but my fav of your posted collection is the pokemon trainer.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

sugarpixel

@Aqueous: I am a whiz at Colors! 3D, it's my most-played software title on my 3DS!
vv A link to my gallery is in my signature if you wanna see what else I've done with it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Aqueous

@Gioku - Nice collection, you have some patience with that tool

sugarpixel

@Aqueous thank you! Back when the app was first released I got into the most popular overall with these two paintings! I enjoyed a huge amount of popularity until that section got reset, and now I'm sitting here with several thousand likes between the two, now completely unknown in the Colors! community...

Aqueous

@Gioku - Hopefully you'll become visible again

Snagrio

I'm merely curious, but has the brony movement died down a little? Either that or I've just gotten used to the whole thing.

I will admit I nearly became a brony myself when I started watching the show just to see what the whole thing was about, but I grew bored with it before any serious interest caught on.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Aqueous

@WingedSnagret - Its died down or calmed down. Not many come here interested in the show, many left and from what I can tell Season 3. I don't think it will explode again and will likely just keep popping up now and again at random.

sugarpixel

@WingedSnagret: The fanbase is still huge, I just think it's not quite as loud as it was awhile ago. Bronies will be around for a long, long time, methinks. I'm pretty sure I am now a brony for life. My interest in the series will long outlive the series, I'm sure.

Snagrio

@Gioku That must be it. The fanbase is still huge, just not screaming for attention like when the show was hot off the presses since by now society has accepted the whole thing and the the general "new" factor has blown over. Rather like Pokemon when you think about it. The pinnacle of popularity has diminished, but a gigantic loyal fanbase is still left after the initial wave.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SheldonRandoms

@Gioku Does that include the world domination plan?

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Discostew

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Funny how a innocent 1980's children toyline became a phenomenon today.

It was numerous factors, but I think the main two were Lauren Faust and 4Chan. Lauren Faust is the one that created FiM as we know it, taking the toyline franchise and developing a show that wasn't targeted at just little girls as the past generations have. She used modern ideas and scenarios, along with blast from the past antics one would see from as far back as classic Looney Toons. Then there's 4Chan, whose role was spreading the word out. It was originally passed on to them as some joke, but they took a gander and loved it. Because 4Chan is so massive, it spread like wildfire.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

TeeJay

Is still alive

I gotta say, I am loving all the new songs this season. My favorite one by far is Stop the Bats. And this rock cover of it I found on Youtube fits it perfectly and is absolute ear candy.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

@Gioku Yeah I'm still vey much a fan, it's just that I've been discussing all my pony stuff over in a different forum.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

About the fandom getting quiter, I also have this theory:

When it was new, a lot of people joined for the sake of being different and unique ("I like the forbidden and I won't shut up about it! I'm so special!") and saw it as an easy way to become internet-famous (via art, ask blogs, fanfics, cosplay, comics, etc), with the art style being so easy to emulate and the universe being flexible enough to work with in many ways.

Since it is now more mainstream (though some people still fear it like it's some sort of plague) and becoming famous within the fandom got considerably harder (because you need to be too good at it now), these people got less loud and others simply lost interest.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Discostew

Morpheel wrote:

About the fandom getting quiter, I also have this theory:

When it was new, a lot of people joined for the sake of being different and unique ("I like the forbidden and I won't shut up about it! I'm so special!") and saw it as an easy way to become internet-famous (via art, ask blogs, fanfics, cosplay, comics, etc), with the art style being so easy to emulate and the universe being flexible enough to work with in many ways.

Since it is now more mainstream (though some people still fear it like it's some sort of plague) and becoming famous within the fandom got considerably harder (because you need to be too good at it now), these people got less loud and others simply lost interest.

I believe that. In fact, I'm an example of it. When I got into the fandom, I began drawing (something I hadn't done for a long time), began my own fanfic, and went on to do vocal dubbing of Discord. Now, I've stopped drawing, my fanfic never got finished past Chapter 2, and I've been losing my desire for vocal dubbing (though I could blame my faulty headset on that). I just watch the show and talk about it with everyone now. Even now we are having a hard time continuing the RP. Speaking of which, who is up next?

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

sugarpixel

I'm still drawing things (and writing something), but then again I feel compelled to draw things from everything I enjoy, not just MLP.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.