Forums

Topic: Metroid VS Halo

Posts 101 to 120 of 153

Cia

^what i'm trying to say is that i thought that original Metroid Prime had more in common with Super Metroid than Halo, gameplay wise. The only thing it shares with Halo is 1st person perspective.

Cia

Rally

I'm starting to think you've never played Halo before.

I miss having a chatroom that was always in beta.

Nintendo Network ID: --- | Twitter:

shingi_70

I mainly say halo mainly because there is more supplement material and the timeline makes more sense then metroids.

Halo Wars
Halo Reach
Halo
Halo ODST
Halo 3

Thats with out adding the books and comic series. My only complaint is that after bungie leaves the series will go to hell, while metroid will always stay good.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Cia

And finally, my opinion is that Halo's storyline was below mediocre. I just don't get it what makes it so deep and good story, it's just basic sci-fi stuff with space marines and stuff. Metroid Prime's (first game) story which unfolded by scanning the space pirate's logs and chozo's ancient texts was much more original and inspired, as is the whole metroid universe. I'll admit that the stories in MP 2 and 3 were not nearly as good as the first game's... i don't know, maybe it's because Miyamoto and nintendo actually had more to do with MP 1 than other games of the series. Thank god the next Metroid game Other M is completely japanese handwork, since they seem to be the only ones who can actually make original - and sometimes even moving - stories to videogames. It's also a great thing that it's not FPS, so the comparisons between Halo and Metroid series can be put to rest.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

Cia

@Rally: I played Halo 1 through and started Halo 2, but didn't finish it because it bored the hell out of me

Cia

Rally

Play the Co-op or multiplayer sometime. Your friends will hate you when you PWN them. That's why I play Halo.

shingi_70

Faron wrote:

And finally, my opinion is that Halo's storyline was below mediocre. I just don't get it what makes it so deep and good story, it's just basic sci-fi stuff with space marines and stuff. Metroid Prime's (first game) story which unfolded by scanning the space pirate's logs and chozo's ancient texts was much more original and inspired, as is the whole metroid universe. I'll admit that the stories in MP 2 and 3 were not nearly as good as the first game's... i don't know, maybe it's because Miyamoto and nintendo actually had more to do with MP 1 than other games of the series. Thank god the next Metroid game Other M is completely japanese handwork, since they seem to be the only ones who can actually make original - and sometimes even moving - stories to videogames.

Its not just the story (that's stolen from ringworld) its the way they go so indepth into every single one of the covenent races and describe the teach. Halo's kinda like star wars its cool to just watch the movies but the best parts happen in the expanded universe. I mean Halo reach wasn't really needed as there is a book on that conflict but taking us back to that event and giving us a group of spartans who weren't on reach gives us a chance to look at it from the perspective of someone coming to see thier whole family deystroyed. Also given the fact most of the spartans die it gives the player a foretelling of what's to come.

Also rally whats your Gamertag for xbox live.

Also it doesn't matter who's the best between halo or metroid because Mass Effect is better then both story-wise.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Rally

Dont have 360. I have the Original XBox, so if you challenge me, you're gonna have to find out where I live. (Which is scary, by the way)

shingi_70

vonseux wrote:

I really don't think the original Halo did anything new. The game was very bland and there were many better games on PC at the same time.
I dont think it could even be compared to Metroid Prime, wich was shocking not only for transforming a 2D classic into FP 3D but to redifine the genre. Yes, Metroid is not a Shooter - it does not follow the line of Wolfstein and Doom. It created a new level immersion on adventure/plataforming/action/shooter games

So, really... Master Chief (*stupid name) can't hold a candle to Samus

ps:The HALO HYPE wasnt real until Halo 2 - led by strong marketing. I only played the original Halo because it came with the console - and didnt bother to finish it

Master cheif is a military rank that's why they call him that. What type of name is smaus aran. Also to pull the whole FPA card then we should talk about Half-Life which did it before metroid.

Also i think FPA is BS and not a genre its a FPS. Halo was master chief on an intersteller adventure any fame thats an FPS is then by logic a FPA.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Kingbuilder

Metroid = First Person Adventure
Halo = First Person Shooter

While, there may not sound that big of a difference between a First-Person Adventure and a First-Person Shooter they're completely different. The only thing the same about these games is the camera angle. Let's not put these 2 completely different games into a competition for which one's better. I personally think that Metroid is better, but that's just because I don't like First-Person Shooters. It's all a matter of preference and being open-minded.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

shingi_70

There both good franchise's so lets leave it at that. So anyone hear play Mass Effect?

WAT!

GmRmXx

Hmmm.... I go with Halo only because I love Online play and multiplayer. Metroid = epic singleplayer, Halo = Epic Multiplayer.

GmRmXx

The_Fox

shingi_70 wrote:

There both good franchise's so lets leave it at that. So anyone hear play Mass Effect?

Ahh, Mass Effect. Also a great franchise.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

CanisWolfred

vonseux wrote:

GmRmXx wrote:

Hmmm.... I go with Halo only because I love Online play and multiplayer. Metroid = epic singleplayer, Halo = Epic Multiplayer.

see? no one cares about the original (and offline) HALO for the Xbox

I do! IMO, Halo 1 was the best in the series. Offline split-screen multiplayer was great, and the singleplayer grabbed me from start to finish. The PC version had some fun online MP, too.

Sure, I like Metroid Prime more, but that's because I'm an adventure nut - I like to explore. IMO, Metroid is a grander overall experience, but when it comes to the raw gameplay, Halo is just pure fun.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

The_Fox

vonseux wrote:

GmRmXx wrote:

see? no one cares about the original (and offline) HALO for the Xbox

So very wrong. Halo remains a sentimental favorite for many gamers. It isn't pure hyperbole to say the game was a system mover. I'd say it was easily superior to whatever else games the Xbox and Gamecube were launched with.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

bubby323

I sense the start of a flame war. Both are great...just don't get started. =p

bubby323

Cryptonic

The+Fox wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Ahh, Mass Effect. Also a great franchise.

best single player game i ever played was mass effect 2....
and halo reach will be amazing!
metroid other m will be amazing!
mods, lock it up!

Wii :6638 - 2205 - 3294 - 3850
SSBB: 4812 - 5583 - 8961
3DS: 4038 - 6000 - 1698
"Tiger Man was wise"

Collinhall

Halo, for da winz! Metroid is still great too though...

Kirbys will eat your soul at night.

Collinhall

HALO REACH FTW!

Kirbys will eat your soul at night.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.