Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Game Club

Posts 301 to 320 of 371

HolyMackerel

POLLS GALORE! /me votes yes

Raylax wrote:

Why not do both? Cave Story is a relatively short game, LKS is a pretty long one. I think I'll play both anyway, provided I have the time to do so.

This is a good idea. I've decided we'll do that. Split-second decision making whoo! So Cave Story first and LKS afterwards, seeing how Cave Story is getting more votes.

NLGC Session 2: Cave Story (PC / WiiWare / DSiWare)
Start date: Friday, January 28
End date: Monday, February 28
How does that sound? Is Jan 29 too soon? It's a week and a half away. It'll be one month to accommodate our slower players. The game isn't too long but it can take some time to finish the harder stages.

NLGC Session 3: Little King's Story (Wii)
Start date: Friday, March 11
End date: Sunday, May 15
This is tentative. I think a couple of weeks between sessions is enough. You guys seem raring to go lol. That's a full two month session there and LKS really needs it. The game is immense. The later starting date should give people on the fence about it some time to think about a purchase too.

I'm pleasantly surprised so many people want to play LKS. It's actually holding up very well against Cave Story in the final poll!

EDIT: Updated the OP!

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Fuzzy

Sounds like a good idea. Need to finish both anyway.

@raylax - ha nice poll. I voted yes. Wonder who voted no. Maybe Cave Story fans?

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

zezhyrule

The platforms listed for Cave Story are WW, DSiWare, and PC, but the boxart is for the PSP which you have to hack to be able to play CS on. >:3

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

HolyMackerel

zezhyrule wrote:

The platforms listed for Cave Story are WW, DSiWare, and PC, but the boxart is for the PSP

I know. Seeing how Cave Story doesn't have any box art, let's go with something a little different!

So is everyone happy with the start date of January 28? If we are, I'll send out the email this weekend to let all the members know.

EDIT: Whoops. Friday is January 28, not 29.

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Oh, I wasn't suggesting people homebrew it. D: I didn't even know it was homebrew-able on the PSP. I just chose it because it looked like box art, was small enough to fit in a post and it came up in Google Image Search lol. Also I thought it was a funny image for a Nintendo club. :3

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Sure, I'll use that. I've seen that DSiWare "box art" featured on some sites is usually square kinda like the DS boxes. Not that it matters.

HolyMackerel

Stine

If we're doing both, I guess I can stay away from LKS for another two months... thanks to all the sales I've been manipulated by, I've got plenty of games to play. I'm gonna try to finish the Cave Story demo soon, and decide whether to play the WiiWare version or the PC one.

Stuffgamer1

I figured the loser of this battle would just inevitably win the next poll anyway, so I like this method of doing things. I've already got both games, too, which is great for my wallet.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

HolyMackerel

Sent out the announcement email. We'll be starting this Friday!

If you don't want to buy Cave Story in WiiWare or DSiWare, don't forget that you can download the English version for free on the PC at CaveStory.org! You won't get the extra features available in the Nicalis ports but the game is still complete.

HolyMackerel

DannyBoyTheDude

There's no way I'm not participating in this one, since I already have Cave Story on WiiWare. Letsch get dis party started!

JoshuaYoshua

This sounds like a neat idea, may I join in once I have a Nintendo 3DS? currently don't have any systems!! Well I've had most at one time or another, and loved Cave Story on PC - will have to pick it up on DSiWare .

edit
Just a thought but maybe it would be a nice idea to start a new thread (with consistent naming convention) when it comes time to analyse each game. Some ideas for naming conventions:

• NLGC #1: Cave Story
  • NL Game Club #1: Cave Story
  • Nintendo Life Game Club #1: Cave Story
  • Nintendo Life Game Club Analysis #1: Cave Story

With a poll to select each game? though not sure a traditional pole would work if people who aren't members can vote.

• NLGC #2: Members Game Poll

Think it would be nice to keep track and number each game; then we could do something special for each milestone .

Edited on by JoshuaYoshua

JoshuaYoshua

HolyMackerel

@JoshuaYoshua Um, two steps ahead of you there pal. We already finished our first session which was Paper Mario for the N64. See this thread: [COMPLETED] NL Game Club Session 1: Paper Mario

You're welcome to join, just read the first post. There are instructions on how to join the club there. A Wii is pretty much required though since we will probably be playing more console games than handheld games.

EDIT: Uhh three steps ahead of you. We already vote on every game using a poll. Don't worry, this club is well figured out.

HolyMackerel

JoshuaYoshua

Oh great, would like to play Paper Mario one day. Thanks

JoshuaYoshua

HolyMackerel

@JoshuaYoshua Our Paper Mario session already finished 2 weeks ago so you can't join that anymore. Our Cave Story group playthrough begins on Friday however so you're welcome to join us for that if you like.

HolyMackerel

JoshuaYoshua

@HolyMackerel: Yep saw that, will keep Cave Story in mind as I could play it on my computer. Otherwise I actually entered a competition on the Nintendo Australia website today for a Nintendo Wii and a bunch of games, if I win that then I'll be able to participate a lot more . Thanks for all the tips.

JoshuaYoshua

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.