Forums

Topic: So, You Can Now Ignore Users

Posts 201 to 220 of 473

Zuljaras

@antdickens I just found 2 minor issues with the new ignore function

1. When a user has ignored me in both ways I can still see his name and avatar picture in the "most recent" in the main page of the site.
2. When I refresh the page in the comments section of articles I can see the user that has ignored me for split a second This does not happen in the forum threads.

I know those are too minor to be considered but still some feedback

Edited on by antdickens

JaxonH

@antdickens
Thanks. I think it’s a positive change, as in the past, ignored users could make inflammatory remarks in response to your posts, and while you wouldn’t see it, everyone else would, which imo resulted in a situation where ignored users could purposely slander you knowing there would be no response, which in turn dis-incentivized using the feature, at least for me anyways.

This prevents the entire scenario, as it keeps the user out of sight, out of mind. 👍

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@antdickens Might I suggest a news post letting people know that this is in place? We still have people going "Why can't I see such and such's posts" it puts people on the spot that just wanna be left alone, and move on in peace. Not everyone visits the forums.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

faint

@antdickens there’s been some really awful users on this site during the 8 years or so I’ve been here. This was a much needed change. Appreciate it.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Pizzamorg

What is the change to ignoring users? I cant see that post (but I can see the message on Wednesday), has it been deleted?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

WoomyNNYes

@Pizzamorg Sometime around last summer, they added another fuction to the ignore feature. After you add someone to your ignore list, now, you can also choose to block them from seeing your posts.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

@Ryu_Niiyama I don’t really think that’d do much.

Curiously enough, the people one would want to block, are also the most likely to be upset by it or comment on it, so there’s that.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pizzamorg

Oh, hasn’t it always been that way? I know I have a few people who added me on their ignore list just because I see a thread has got a new post from someone and then when I go in, there is no post there. Do you mean I can no longer even see that anymore?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg If someone puts you on ignore, it doesn't affect your ability to see others' posts. They just can't see yours. Blocking is what makes you unable to see their posts entirely.

Blocking is a new feature on this website.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

@Eel That’s fair. I’m just trying to figure out how to keep peace. And avoid weird situations since I have been dragged into a few since the block feature (which I love very much) has been added. I’d been considering deleting my account and leaving the site but realized that gives those people the win.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Eel

@Ryu_Niiyama I’m sure things will even out with time. And people who refuse to get the hint on repeated occasions will most likely be put on time out.

Then again, I do suppose being more public about the feature would help normalize the idea a bit faster… After the initial wave of comments at least.

Bloop.

Ryu_Niiyama

@Eel Apparently I stirred the pot by existing. I haven’t logged out to check (I am not going to because one user, scares me quite frankly and I’m willing to bet he is involved) but the general convo around my post got weird. Can you please remind those on ignore to leave others alone? I’m literally not bothering anyone.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Eel

@Ryu_Niiyama don't worry, the user that asked about it has agreed to move on.

I do apologize for bringing attention to it, but I felt it was necessary to let people know that it is not appropriate to ask why are they blocked by other people. I assume it will happen less and less the more people get used to the feature. Hopefully.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Ryu_Niiyama

@Eel cool, thank you for the assist.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Tasuki

@Eel Honestly I feel.that someone who's block has a right to know, especially if they haven't done anything to warrant a block. I mean if the mods or any staff for that matter banned my account I would get an email explaining why I was banned. It's fine if the blocker doesn't want to converse with who they block, but a staff member should out of curiosity let the user know.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Eel

@Tasuki when a person has blocked you, and you start trying to speak to them demanding answers, it quickly becomes harassment.

Asking us would not work either, since we can't read minds, and we can't be playing telephone between users.

It just not a comfortable situation for anyone involved.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Ryu_Niiyama

@Tasuki Question: why does it matter?

It isn’t as if you are being banned. You simply can’t see someone’s posts… no different than social media. No one owes you an answer as both users are using the site as intended. No TOS has been broken. So all you can do is keep it moving. Most users don’t even notice or care that they have been on ignore. It doesn’t stop you from using the site but chasing down answers creeps into harassment. If you saw someone sitting at a table talking and they ignored you, would you walk up and demand they talk to you? Hopefully not, otherwise you are bothering a person that has done nothing to you. Let people be.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic