Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 361 to 380 of 828

Maelstrom

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause a fight. I guess I misstated my question. The weird religious thing was not meant to be offensive, I just meant anything offending to a Christian, like quite a few JRPGs have. A good example is the majority of Atlus's Persona games and the shin megami tensei series. And, yes, my mom is not paranoid (guess I was a little bit irritated at the time) but she is biased against games set in first person. She was more willing to let me play Uncharted 3 than Metroid prime trilogy. I personally don't like games where the main goal is shooting anything that gets in your way. I guess I should have checked back here sooner than now. Sorry for the misstatement and confusion.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Metroidlink

KittenKoder wrote:

Metroidlink wrote:

The line between good and evil is actually kind of weird IMO becuase of some mid-story elements, if you played to chapter 5 you know what I mean

Well, the point I was making is that the players are on the side of "good," because, let's face it, "good" and "evil" are completely subjective anyway. What I meant is that, unlike GTA, it's clear that the player characters are intended to be the force of "good" not "evil" in the game. They are trying to make things "right," basically, and not trying to destroy the world or some other commonly agreed on "evil" act.

Oh yeah that's right

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

KittenKoder

Maelstrom wrote:

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause a fight. I guess I misstated my question. The weird religious thing was not meant to be offensive, I just meant anything offending to a Christian, like quite a few JRPGs have. A good example is the majority of Atlus's Persona games and the shin megami tensei series. And, yes, my mom is not paranoid (guess I was a little bit irritated at the time) but she is biased against games set in first person. She was more willing to let me play Uncharted 3 than Metroid prime trilogy. I personally don't like games where the main goal is shooting anything that gets in your way. I guess I should have checked back here sooner than now. Sorry for the misstatement and confusion.

There is no fight here, I am merely pointing out that all religious stuff offends someone, and yes, Christian stuff offends a lot of people too, considering that Christianity itself is one of the weirdest religions on the planet. Without completely derailing this thread, it's best not to call any mythology "weird" unless you want an atheist like me to step in and point out how "weird" your mythology is as well. Some of us atheists are hyper-sensitive to that sort of thing.

Anyhow, there are no definitive religious mythologies that I had seen in the game, only generic mythologies that are common to all cultures now. As for anything else that could be considered inappropriate to young players, I have seen none. Fantasy violence is the only aspect of the game that could be considered inappropriate for some young players, but that's so common now I wonder why they even include that in ratings now.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Should I give this type of game another chance...? Dunno why, but I couldn't stay into FF or DQ...
But watched an IGN review and...wanting to give it another go with this game.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

KittenKoder

Mizore wrote:

Should I give this type of game another chance...? Dunno why, but I couldn't stay into FF or DQ...

Try the demo, if you can complete the town and still have fun with the battles after defeating all the bosses .... then I would recommend buying it.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

Joeynator3000

KittenKoder wrote:

Mizore wrote:

Try the demo, if you can complete the town and still have fun with the battles after defeating all the bosses .... then I would recommend buying it.

I keep forgetting about the demo...lol.
Anyone who has the game (Japanese obviously, lol) how are the battles compared to the other games. I think one thing I couldn't stay into FF were that the enemies/bosses kinda bored me. They seemed to use the same attack over again.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Marakuto

I might be able to get this tommorow after I tried multiple times in January to go find it around the UK It will hopefully keep me occupied for a while as I'm trying to play less games this year.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

KittenKoder

Mizore wrote:

KittenKoder wrote:

Mizore wrote:

Anyone who has the game (Japanese obviously, lol) how are the battles compared to the other games. I think one thing I couldn't stay into FF were that the enemies/bosses kinda bored me. They seemed to use the same attack over again.

Well, the demo bosses do have variety, and the coding makes them appear to even be AI driven. The random encounters are a bit less varied, but still have some using brave and default to gain strategic advantages, not just blind luck. I really got bored with the turn based combat systems myself, FFXII was awesome for me because it used the ATB system instead, but with Bravely Default the turn based system is not as dull. As I said, try the demo to be certain, but I think it's a fresh new game.

Magikarp3

Mizore wrote:

KittenKoder wrote:

Mizore wrote:

I'm about 30 hours in and I can say every single normal enemy so far has had a couple of skills that they use in addition to normal attacks. Rushing in with normal attacks is not an optimal strategy until your level is well above the recommended one for the area, which gives the best of both worlds since encounters are initially challenging but become friendly for grinding too.

Also, the game bosses are so much better than the demo bosses. They've all got complex patterns and distinct ways to beat them. If you lose a boss battle, reshuffling your class and equipment can often be a better course of action than leveling up your characters for a while. The only annoying thing is that you need to unlock all the classes and it can be a while before you get to the more interesting ones.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Joeynator3000

Guess I'll give it a go soon, then...(in the middle of my Pokemon game...just lost during a Super Triple Battle in the Maison, had over 30 wins too...lol)

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Spoony_Tech

HOLY CRAP this game is hugh!! Over 26000 block??? If I knew that I would've went retail as I'm getting quite full. Now down to 40k left on a 32 gig. No more dl's for me retail anyways for a while.

I think that makes this the biggest game to date as well!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

that is the main reason I have no interest in downloading retail titles (for ANY console).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

They laughed at me when I converted a 128gb SD to FAT32 for my 3DS, well who's laughing now!

That is a pretty gargantuan download though. Almost a solid 10,000 blocks over my next largest game (DKCR3D).

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Magikarp3

Uncompressed soundtracks, gentlemen. Also voice acting in multiple languages.

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

CaviarMeths

Initial thoughts: Bad English dub. Good thing it has dual audio.

And honestly, I think I would have preferred some audio compression if that's the cause of the huge filesize. I find loseless overrated to begin with, but when it's coming out of the small 3DS speaker, it's even more pointless.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SheldonRandoms

I'll be picking up the collectors edition to........day, today, but sadly can't play it because I have to go to work, and work late, because that's my job, that I have.

Also that's alot of blocks, it's almost scary, and that's why I will always stick to retail.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

KittenKoder

SheldonRandoms wrote:

I'll be picking up the collectors edition to........day, today, but sadly can't play it because I have to go to work, and work late, because that's my job, that I have.

Also that's alot of blocks, it's almost scary, and that's why I will always stick to retail.

Call in sick. /sagenod

Hey, people call in sick for lamer excuses. Anyhow, I didn't go with the collector's edition on account of moving soon, so I didn't want anymore stuff to pack. But I will be picking it up later today! Woohoo!

Spoony_Tech

My impressions so far.

First this game is absolutly gorgeous! Wonderfully animated and beautiful locations! I really like all the options available to you and how the game gives you kind of an achievement for completing missions to help learn the games options! Lots of options really make this game feel fresh on an old take! Its hand holding at its finest but optional.

I really think the encounter rate on normal is far to low. If I can run from one area to another and a good distance as well and not battle then its to low.

That's all I have for now except this could very well become my favorite 3ds game to date! Old school meets new in a Epic tale!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

I won't get my copy until around the 15th. Worth it, though. It'll be a special edition.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magikarp3

It's finally out in the US! Go go get it get it everyone!

Also I found the English dub to be passable. The only thing I dislike about it (and it carries to nearly every other game dub) is that the voice actors speak way too slowly. Like, unnaturally slowly, and it makes the plot sequences take really long. I'd rather read than wait for them to finish talking lol

Edited on by Magikarp3

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic