Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 16,041 to 16,060 of 16,182

PikminMarioKirby

@Grumblevolcano Nah that's TTYD's release date, doubt Nintendo would allow that. Zelda movie is likely to get it's own presentation, or at least a presentation from Nintendo.

I guess it's probably slightly before TTYD's official release, but I still don't think it's likely.

Some of my favorite games are Paper Mario and TTYD, SM64, Luigi’s Mansion, Pikmin 1-4, Kirby Forgotten Land, and the DKC OG trilogy (especially the first 2). All on Switch besides LM. Nintendo please bring it back!

Magician

Less than a month away from Nintendo outlining their Summer / Fall release schedule

Still holding hope for a Xenoblade Chronicles X Switch port, the last game I do not want lost on the Wii U.

I mean...Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water was rescued, for crying out loud.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,256 games (as of May 29th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

I bought XCX right before the closure, so I'd be way too tempted to buy it again on switch. For that reason, part of me hopes it stays on wii u, but that's a selfish personal problem.

NintendoByNature

FishyS

So... We know of 7 Nintendo games this year and a massive 5 of them involve Mario characters. I wonder what the record is? If they keep up that pace, we can expect 3 more Marioverse games this year 😝 What could they be?

• Mario Wonder DLC - medium-likelihood.
  • Mario sportball or a smaller one such as Mario and Sonic - seems possible.
  • 3D Mario or Mario Kart - definitely no.
  • Captain Toad? Seems more likely it would be on Switch 2 but conceivable.
  • Mario and Luigi? Seems unlikely since we have had so many rpgs in a row but there have been some (likely false) rumours.
  • Yoshi? Seems unlikely since Peach just came out from the usual suspect devs.
  • Mario Party? It is about time for one by the usual release schedule, although I feel like that would take away profits from Nintendo World Championship (although they treated Everybody 1-2 Switch like that last year by ignoring it and promoting Warioware).
  • Warioland sumthin? That would be a surprise but would be neat.
  • Some port of one or more of the New Super Mario games? Plausible if Wonder has no DLC.
  • Rhythm Heaven with Mario characters?? We can wish.
  • Mario Warriors? 😝

Ok, I'm out of ideas.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

skywake

@FishyS
I'd like to see Wario Land or Rhythm Heaven and I think they're a fair shout. But I also feel like I've been saying I'd like to see one or the other just about every year for almost ten years. At the very least since they put out MegaMix on 3DS literally days after releasing the Switch and I thought "that's a nice compilation, I hope they port it to Switch, they probably will, I'll wait"

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

VoidofLight

MegaMix is probably going to end up being the last of the Rhythm Heaven titles. The main music director for the series can no longer sing after they had to remove his vocal chords a few years back. Most likely why the series is missing in recent years.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Sigran102

I just want metroid prime 2 remastered with the same details as prime 1. I'm fine waiting for three if it means we get the whole trilogy looking like new games instead of just an upscaled port of the wii trilogy.

Sigran102

FishyS

Sigran102 wrote:

I just want metroid prime 2 remastered with the same details as prime 1. I'm fine waiting for three if it means we get the whole trilogy looking like new games instead of just an upscaled port of the wii trilogy.

So.. Prime 4 in 2026? 🤔 It will be interesting to see what they do with 2... seems likely it will be in the June Direct one way or another.

FishyS

Anti-Matter

I see almost everybody talking and wishing for the old Nintendo IP like Donkey Kong, Metroid, another 3D Mario, Zelda, etc for Switch.
Me personally still looking for more 3rd party games that might be I have new interest about.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@FishyS
I just want to see for once Mario Boxing / Kickboxing.
Come on, Nintendo can provide cartoonish boxing games from Wii Sports and ARMS, it should be easy to make another cartoonish boxing games on Switch.

Also, instead of Rhythm Heaven, why don't DDR Nintendo edition or something like Beatmania IIDX ?

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

Anti-Matter wrote:

I see almost everybody talking and wishing for the old Nintendo IP like Donkey Kong, Metroid, another 3D Mario, Zelda, etc for Switch.
Me personally still looking for more 3rd party games that might be I have new interest about.

Maybe I’m wrong but it could be possible that this is a Nintendo direct thread and most people like speculating about Nintendo first party games they’d like on the Nintendo direct thread. Again, maybe I’m wrong

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

FishyS

@Anti-Matter I still think Arms 2 will come out on Switch 2, so maybe we will hear about it next year.

FishyS

Don

Hopefully a Mother/ Earthbound compilation will be announced in the upcoming Direct to celebrate Earthbound’s 30th anniversary.

Don

Grumblevolcano

It's interesting how NSO Expansion Pack hasn't gotten its monthly game announcement yet. I still think it'll be Metroid Zero Mission for May but considering what's happened the past few weeks, it definitely seems more like a sole announcement rather than as part of a big Metroid push (June Direct being the big Metroid push instead). We know a June Direct is coming, we know our July game and Nintendo's treating TTYD as a major release.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

cchhaasseerr

I am expecting a somewhat Metroid focused Direct. Shadow-drop of Prime remaster(s), Zero Mission announcement and possibly Samus Returns HD with Prime 4 closing Direct. Then perhaps something like a new DK game or Mario & Sonic Olympics.

And from 3rd party stuff: Ace Combat 7 presentation, Turbo Overkill, Phantom Fury, Blade Chimera and Laika.

cchhaasseerr

ElRoberico

@Grumblevolcano didn't we get those three Gameboy releases this month? Or are you referring to the next batch of games released?

Currently playing: Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Grumblevolcano

@ElRoberico I'm talking about the Expansion Pack specific content:

• Base NSO - NES, SNES, GB, GBC
  • NSO Expansion Pack - N64, Mega Drive/Genesis, GBA

Every month since the Expansion Pack began in October 2021 has had retro games added to that tier which weren't in the base NSO tier except November 2021, July 2023 and November 2023. Those 3 months did get DLC which weren't in the base NSO tier though (Happy Home Paradise, Booster Course Pass wave 5 and Booster Course Pass wave 6 respectively).

So from that and months mostly alternating between N64 and GBA, it's a safe guess that NSO Expansion Pack will get a GBA game next week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ElRoberico

@Grumblevolcano Ohhhhh that makes a lot more sense. What else are we missing from the announced GBA titles? Are there any new N64 titles confirmed either?

Currently playing: Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic