The much-loved Kingdom Rush series is making its way to Nintendo Switch, with a trilogy of its tower-defence hits planned for the console.
The series, created by Ironhide Game Studio, will be kicking off on Switch with Kingdom Rush Frontiers later this month. Frontiers was actually the second Kingdom Rush game to be released, appearing on mobile stores in 2013, and has players guiding troops as they defend exotic lands from dragons, man-eating plants, and spooky denizens of the underworld.
We've got our hands on a feature list for this upcoming remaster. Check it out below:
The remastered version of Kingdom Rush Frontiers, one of the most epic tower defense games ever created, features:
- Fantastic tower defence game with lots of strategic decisions. Great abilities like Reinforcements, Rain of Fire, Chill Wands, and medieval devastating nukes!
- Fortify the frontier in exotic lands, hold the line in deserts, jungles, and even the underworld!
- 16 LEGENDARY HEROES! Choose your champions and train their abilities! Each has unique specialities that fit different play styles!
- 8 SPECIALIZED TOWER UPGRADES! Slice, sizzle, and stomp your foes with Crossbow Forts, Mighty Templars, Necromancers, and even Earthquake Machines
- OVER 60 ENEMIES with unique abilities! Stay on your toes as you fight through desert sandworms, tribal shamans, nomad tribes, and underground terrors.
- MERCILESS BOSS FIGHTS! Hey, we told you to get those upgrades…
- Special units and features on every stage!
- Upgrade system allows you to min/max your towers towards your preferred strategy.
- Hours of gameplay with OVER 80 ACHIEVEMENTS!
- CLASSIC, IRON, AND HEROIC GAME MODES to challenge your tactical skills!
- THREE DIFFICULTY MODES! Are you up for a real challenge? Go with Veteran mode!
- Intoxicating charm with a rousing music score, full-bodied voice-overs, and beautifully illustrated cartoon art!
- IN-GAME ENCYCLOPEDIA! True warriors know their enemies… and their towers. Study up!
- GAMEPLAY OPTIMISED FOR CONTROLLERS, PLAY IT ANY WAY YOU WANT!
Frontiers will be launching on Switch on 27th February; if you're super keen, you'll actually be able to pre-purchase it from the eShop starting from 13th February. The other titles planned for Switch have yet to be revealed.
Have you played these before on mobile? Thinking of giving the series a go on Switch? Tell us below.