Little Inferno Soundtrack Available To Download For Free

Posted by Andy Green

A heart-warming gift

Wii U eShop title Little Inferno has caused a heated debate in the gaming community. Some people love it, others simply don’t get it, but one thing most people have enjoyed about the niche little game is the soundtrack.

Tomorrow Corporation, the game’s developer, has revealed on its blog that the soundtrack is now available to download for free.

Writing on the blog, Kyle Gabler, the soundtrack’s composer wrote:

I’m a big fan of movie music from the 80′s and 90′s – like John Williams (1993 was his most amazing year), Danny Elfman’s 90′s heyday, Vangelis in the early 80′s – all with strong melodic themes and instantly identifiable orchestration. It was my goal with this soundtrack to write music that sounded like it could have been written in that time of VHS tapes and Stan Winston special effects, with clear, hummable melodies for each character and theme.

The beautiful soundtrack can be downloaded from Tomorrow Corporation’s website and there’s even the option to stream it should you want to check it out first – we’d highly recommend that you do.

We gave the game itself a warm reception in our Little Inferno review. Have you been playing through the game? If so, what do you think to it?

Enjoy the soundtrack!

[via tomorrowcorporation.com, polygon.com]

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

One of the best times I've had with my Wii U so far. So weird and beautiful and disturbingly funny. And to those who think it's too slight or shallow, it took me 10 hours to find all of the combos and eventually reach the end (a very worthwhile sequence to reach for, too.) A relaxing, addictive alternative unlike pretty much anything else out there. I shall be downloading the lovely music just as I did with World of Goo's superb soundtrack years ago.

emayer

emayer said:

Great game, great soundtrack. As long as you go in with an open mind, and aren't expecting a gameplay experience as deep as World of Goo, you'll find a lot to like about Little Inferno.

Birdman

Birdman said:

Ugh, those files should've included track numbering. Not that I'm incapable of doing so manually on iTunes, but not having to do so would've been better.

Lobster

Lobster said:

Yes! I've already downloaded it, and can't believe it's free. I loved the music, and I loved the game. :D

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

Free music download of this game and free download of the "Megaman x Street Fighter fan game both on Monday??? "Wow....! What's happening here!!??" :D

billychaos

billychaos said:

I loved this game. And I love the soundtrack. It does remind me of Vangelis. But also reminds me of Radiohead's slower songs too.

FettDragyn

FettDragyn said:

Little Inferno has been a surprising "Game", highly addictive, with a core concept that is so easy to pick up and play around with. I do hope add an update so we can create our own combos and share them with others, that would really add to the replay value big time. The music is definitely an integral part of the Little Inferno Entertainment Fireplace experience, adding that extra bit of off kilter whimsy to the proceedings of tossing stuff into a fireplace, setting it ablaze and watching it burn, or explode! in glorious fashion....