Corruption Primed For Launch
Posted by Anthony Dickens
Delayed but not forgotten, journalists find out about the fruits of labour in Retro Studios Metroid Prime 3.
"As one of the few that got to play Metroid Prime 3: Corruption at Nintendo’s Media Summit several weeks ago, those from the magazine got to experience first-hand the benefits of the game’s delays. There are MINOR SPOILERS below, so you may or may not want to read them. If you choose not to know, the summary is that the new control scheme works, and it works very well."
- First level - You are attacked on a spaceship while meeting with the ship’s captain…action packed
- Play feels motion controls work better than dual joystick
- Super sensitive pointer in “advanced” mode
- Beam stacking ala Super Metroid
- Visor switch: Hold minus and flick Wiimote in certain directions
- Boss fight with Ridley at the end of the first level. Excellent difficulty curve by the time you reach the boss.
- Back tracking in MP3:C makes more sense than in previous Primes
- Extra development time was to give the game more polish. Nintendo wanted “Twilight Princess” levels of polish. Game is focused on Metroid fans and hardcore gamers, but still accessible to newcomers due to controls.
- Second level - floating city focused on exploration
- Larger environments, bloom lighting, better textures than Prime 2
- Corruption Mode not available in demo
- Play says it could be the biggest revolution in FPS gaming since Halo.
With the US launch only a couple of months away, we're finally getting back into the Metroid Mood, will this game really be a FPS revolution?