Taking one for the team
Launching with Wii Sports was, in hindsight, one of Nintendo's best ideas: the pack-in's elegant simplicity helped skyrocket the fledgling Wii right up into the stratosphere. Families rallied around Tennis, grannies couldn't get enough Bowling, that annoying uncle hogged Golf, mass hysteria yadda yadda. So no surprise then...
About The Game
ESPN Sports Connection is a fun new way to connect with family and friends and play the most popular sports from a new perspective.
ESPN Sports Connection is being developed specifically for Nintendo’s Wii U system to take full advantage of Nintendo’s New Controller. Play solo, team up in co-op to experience new gameplay possibilities, or compete in multiplayer to take full advantage of Nintendo’s New Controller.
- Play six of the most popular sports: soccer, football, baseball, tennis, golf, and karting.
- Touch controls. Use the New Controller to control a blitz in football to sack the quarterback or score a curled free kick in soccer!
- Play with Wii MotionPlus using real sports gestures! Swing with precision in golf or hit a home run in baseball.
- Play both on your TV and New Controller. Drive your kart to victory competing with up to five players (four split screens on your TV + the New Controller), or play solo switching anytime between the New Controller and TV!
- Get inside the action. Use the New Controller as a frame to scan and analyze the field to give insightful advice as a caddie in golf.
- Play fun mini-games. Try the Serving Machine Challenge in tennis and hit balls quickly as you challenge your friends.
- Connect with friends. Create teams, get rewards, accept challenges and share scores on the worldwide leaderboard.