The Gamescom Awesome Indies Show, which was presented by IGN, had quite a few intriguing games that are heading to Switch. One that caught our eye was Sandwalkers, which is from the team that brought us Legend of Keepers: Career of a Dungeon Manager.
A big part of the experience is exploration, with traveling portrayed in the trailer with a beautiful zoomed-out perspective - reminding this scribe of similar segments in Banner Saga Trilogy. They're landscapes with dangerous climate conditions, and in terms of gameplay we can look forward to a 'roguelike turn-based' focus; you need to build a team and survive combat encounters on your journey.
The main features outlined in its game description are below:
- Guide a caravan of adventurers through ever-changing landscapes.
- Fight and survive in the face of acid rain, sandstorms and heat waves.
- Tame hostile creatures, rescue refugees, seek allies for mutual aid, or follow the blood path and loot everything you can.
- Seek rich arable soil to plant a new Tree City for your people.
- Progress by passing on your knowledge to a new caravan.
- Repair the broken climate, and put an end to centuries of wandering.
There's no release window as yet, but we'll keep an eye out for updates.