A title that was recently showcased by Microsoft in its '[email protected]' livestream showcase now has a release date and, pleasingly for us, confirmation it's landing on Switch at the same time. Aeon Drive - from the 2Awesome Studio, which previously brought us Dimension Drive on the eShop - is due to launch on 30th September.
While Dimension Drive was a vertical shmup that effectively doubled up the action, Aeon Drive brings its challenge through fast-paced and tricky platforming. Each level needs to be cleared rapidly, so runs will often consist of a handful of failures as you plot a route and identify the dangers. It'll also have local and online multiplayer co-op and competitive modes, too.
We rather like the look of it; below is part of the official pitch from the press release.
- Teleport through lasers, spikes or saws, and crouch-dash at the last moment to run through 100 levels of Neo-Barcelona
- Unique time-warping system saves players the frustration of repetition and keeps the challenge fresh
- Modern and retro looks come together in the game’s pixel-art style
- Advanced scoring system enables long term replayability
- Real-time difficulty adjustment – collect time-warping devices and use them strategically
Is Aeon Drive one for the wishlist?