PM Studios and Endflame have announced that Ikai, an upcoming first-person horror game, will be spooking a Switch near you this October.
Ikai puts you in the shoes of a "defenceless" main character who's entirely incapable of attacking the creepy creatures standing in their way. You have no guns, no swords, no Luigi with a vacuum cleaner – it's just you, them, and no way to fight or run away.
This frightening premise supposedly allows the game to explore "a new sense of horror by making the player face the threats directly by neither fleeing nor attacking." Liking the sound of it? Well, here's a feature list for you:
- FEAR: Experience the horror in first-person by the hand of Japanese spirits, monsters, and yokai.
- EXPLORATION: Wander around a feudal Shinto shrine and explore to unveil the story behind Naoko, the main character.
- DRAWING: Concentrate on drawing protective seals over the strange sounds and events happening around.
- PUZZLES: Pit your wits against the several puzzles that will try to stop you
- STEALTH & RUN: Be silent, do not disturb the evil… Or just run, run away from it all, if you can…
As noted above, Ikai launches on Switch – and other platforms, too – this October.
Will you be keeping an eye out for this one when it arrives later this year? There's no running away from our comment section below.