Earlier this week, a new update was rolled out across all platforms for Koji Igarashi's Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. On the Nintendo Switch, this bumps the game up to Version 1.21. This is the same update that was released for the Steam version last month.
It includes a "final update" to randomizer seeds and has resolved a New Game Plus crash. The same patch has also addressed a number of "Classic Mode" issues. Here are the full patch notes, courtesy of the official Play Bloodstained website:
Nintendo Switch, Version 1.21 (3rd March 2021):
- Final update to randomizer seeds and addressed issues where previous seeds were invalid. NOTE: Seeds begun or saved after 1.20 may no longer work.
- Fixed New Game+ crash
- Classic Mode: Hit detection remaining on screen
- Classic Mode: Miriam walking in the wrong direction after Gremory encounter
- Classic Mode: Instances of Gebel not appearing
- Classic Mode: Score reaches max then loops to a negative number
- Classic Mode: Double KO during Gremory encounter
- Classic Mode: Wolfman failing to reset
- Classic Mode: Mini Gebel bug
- Classic Mode: Jack (Gusion) boss not moving
- Classic Mode: Instances where enemies and game gimmicks stop moving
- Classic Mode: Disable the Pause Menu during the walking animation transitions
- Classic Mode: Miriam softlock after obtaining the heart at the end of a boss battle
If you would like to learn more about Bloodstanied: Ritual of the Night, check out our Nintendo Life review. Just keep in mind there have been a lot of updates to the game since it originally arrived on the Switch in 2019. In related news, Miriam will be joining the 3D arena brawler Mighty Fight Federation this Spring.
Will you be checking out this latest patch for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night? How are you finding the Switch release since all of these updates? Tell us down below.