Publisher Fellow Traveller and indie developer Kaizen Game Works have announced that Paradise Killer will be launching on Nintendo Switch next week.
A super-stylish murder mystery game, Paradise Killer has you taking on the role of Lady Love Dies, an "investigation freak" who's tasked with figuring out who killed Paradise Island's council of leaders. You'll need to search for clues and find evidence, and there are different possible outcomes to uncover depending on which choices you make.
Here's a list of key features:
- Breathe life back into Paradise - You are tasked with finding the killer and building an airtight case against them. Take your case to trial and argue your interpretation of the evidence. Only when someone is successfully convicted can the crime be considered solved and Paradise be saved.
- What are the facts? What are the truths? Are they the same? - The “truth” is that there are many possible killers, and many ways to build a case. Even if you make a convincing case for prosecution and get someone convicted, is the mystery really solved?
- Explore an island full of secrets - Paradise is an island set in an alternate future history filled with cryptic lore and even more mysteries. Examine bizarre relics to learn more about this world’s surreal history.
- Find YOUR Paradise - You choose who to accuse, and build a case to support a conviction. Everyone on Paradise has a secret to hide and something to gain. Old friends become new suspects, forcing you to choose between the evidence, the greater good and your own beliefs. There are many possible murderers, but who you pick will define your own personal truth.
- Gather evidence - Let your personal computer and electronic assistant Starlight be your guide through another dance of an investigation. Collect evidence, record testimony and interpret the facts to form your own truth.
- Unlock hidden areas - Solve hieroglyph puzzles on ancient nightmare computers to discover new areas of the island, find concealed evidence and reveal terrifying secrets.
It's launching on 4th September, but from now until 11th September, you can actually buy the game at 20% off. This takes the usual $19.99 asking price down to $15.99.
Liking the look of this one? Feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comments below.