Update: Here's the code (via Serebii.net): PKMNPLAYERSCUP
The free Pokémon just keep coming, as Pokémon Sword and Shield players will soon be able to get their hands on yet another sought-after monster.
Following on from the shiny Amoonguss giveaway from a couple of weeks back, The Pokémon Company is now distributing a free "battle-ready" Porygon 2. The new giveaway is celebrating the Pokémon Players Cup, an online battling tournament featuring top competitors from all over the world.
To get your hands on the Porygon 2, you'll need to tune in to the broadcast of the Players Cup on 22nd and 23rd August (it's available to watch on YouTube). Throughout the show, a password will be displayed on-screen which can be used in Sword and Shield's Mystery Gift menu, presenting you with this expertly trained Pokémon.
Here's a step-by-step guide:
- Watch the broadcast of the Players Cup VG Finals to find the password.
- Launch your Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield game.
- Select Mystery Gift on the X menu.
- Select Get a Mystery Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password to connect to the internet.
- Enter the password.
- Watch as the gift arrives in your game. (Pokémon will appear in your party or your Pokémon Boxes.)
- Be sure to save your game.
Why is the Porygon 2 so special? Well, according to Serebii, it has a Sassy nature, comes with an Eviolite, and has the moves Recover, Trick Room, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt. Don't miss out!