This week's Indie World Showcase showed off several exciting looking games headed to Switch, and quietly nestled among them was Wingspan. It was only shown for the briefest of moments in the presentation, but we now know a little more.
It's actually a strategy card game that can either be played alone or with up to five players, and is based on the board game of the same name. You'll become a bird enthusiast, essentially taking on the roles of a researcher, a bird watcher, an ornithologist, and a collector all in one. We have a description, feature list, and screenshots to share with you below:
Discover new bird species and attract them by offering their favorite food. But keep in mind their natural habitat – animals won't settle in conditions they aren't adapted to. Have them lay eggs so you’ll be able to play new birds and gain more points. Roll the dice to gather food and draw cards to expand your reserve. Remember – each of the 170 unique birds has powers that echo real life: your hawks will hunt, your pelicans will fish, and your geese will form a flock.
WINGSPAN MAIN FEATURES:
- Discover and attract the best birds in this relaxing strategy card game.
- Play single-player or compete with your friends in a multiplayer mode for up to five players.
- Based on an award-winning, competitive, card-driven board game.
- Find hundreds of unique, animated birds with real-life audio recordings.
- Learn the many ways of accumulating points with birds, bonus cards, and end-of-round goals.
Very much a relaxing affair, this game's release date is set to be announced "shortly" - we'll make sure to keep an eye out for that when the time comes.
Until then, feel free to share your thoughts on the game in the comments below. Do you like the look of it so far? Have you played the board game before?