As a freebie that came with the Wii, Wii Sports probably isn't the type of game that immediately jumps to mind as a Nintendo highlight, but thinking back it was immensely fun.
Oddly, the Switch is rather lacking in the Wii Sports-style department (Go Vacation is perhaps the closest thing we can think of), but Strike! Ten Pin Bowling looks like a cheerful way to scratch that itch. It only includes bowling - obviously - but the gameplay looks rather similar to that of Nintendo's multimillion-selling success.
Check out the trailer above; you'll see that players can swing their Joy-Con to bowl the ball or, in a nice touch, use the touchscreen to flick it in handheld mode, and there's even a mode with a ridiculous number of pins to knock down, just like one of the minigames in Wii Sports. Here's a feature list:
- Full Classic 10 Pin Bowling. 1-4 Players.
- Series Classic 10 Pin (3 games).
- 3 MiniGames available, each with 4 levels and 30 frames to challenge even the best bowlers.
- Candle Pin Bowling. 1-4 Players.
- Duck Pin and Rubber band Duck Pin Bowling. 1-4 Players.
- Mega Lane.
- Upgrade your ball with over 35 cool designs to choose from.
- Over 30 Achievements to win.
This one's actually available as we speak - you may well have noticed it pop up on the eShop just a few days ago if you browse the store regularly. It'll cost you $9.99 if you're interested in picking it up.
What do you think? Did you enjoy Wii Sports back in the day? Willing to throw down $10 to have a similar bowling experience on Switch? Let us know in the comments.