Brand new footage of the upcoming Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age has been shared today in a Square Enix livestream, and it's looking rather lovely.
The livestream revealed a whole new wave of Japanese voice cast members, some of the additional new features players can expect to find in the game and - of course - some juicy footage of the thing actually running. Before we get stuck into the video, here are the new features mentioned (thanks, Gematsu):
- Party members will follow you on the field.
- You can talk directly to party members without opening the menu.
- You can change the music from Orchestra to Synthesizer at any point by going to the sound settings in the menu.
- You can dash with the ZR button.
- By using the new “Horse Bell” item, you can call your horse at any time.
- You can now gain experience points when your horse knocks away an enemy on the field.
- You can change the battle speed to “Normal,” “Fast,” or “Really Fast.”
- The quests from the 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI in which you visit the worlds of past Dragon Quest titles will be included in the Switch version, but not without changes.
Now then, onto the video itself. The stream was over an hour long with small snippets here and there, but the key sections you'll likely be interested in are as follows:
- 42:00 – 3D gameplay, followed by 2D gameplay at 49:07
- 52:09 – New Features Gameplay, followed by a boss battle at 1:00:57
Are you excited for this one? Are you a diehard Dragon Quest fan? Share your thoughts on the new footage in the comments.